It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 62  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Douchebag wrote:
Caller Bob in a pier six brawl with the entire insurance industry.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Mr Reason, in a triumphant return, is slaughtering Caller Bob in the latter pages of the Cubs Cards thread.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:55 am 

He's already gone, Frank.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
He's already gone, Frank.

And I'm feeeeeeeeeelin feeling strong

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Don Tiny vs. Toxic Masculinity is heating up.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Chus wrote:

Nah; I can't compete with a fella that has Moon Knight as their avatar rather than one the one I've got that's related to that lame-ass Mel Brooks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Don Tiny wrote:
Chus wrote:

Nah; I can't compete with a fella that has Moon Knight as their avatar rather than one the one I've got that's related to that lame-ass Mel Brooks.

Good point. Avatar strength is an important factor when communicating on the internets. The outcome of battle teeters on the toughness associated with that 139 pixel image. My internet strength, much like all of my old D&D characters lacked avatar strength. I died early and often.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
beni hanna wrote:
Good point. Avatar strength is an important factor when communicating on the internets. The outcome of battle teeters on the toughness associated with that 139 pixel image. My internet strength, much like all of my old D&D characters lacked avatar strength. I died early and often.

What the Christ....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Don Tiny wrote:
Chus wrote:

I didn't need to reference your avatar to highlight your love of whack ass humor for the masses. You've referenced it in your posts.

I'm flattered you recognized what my avatar is. Are you a comic nerd in addition to being a basic bitch?

I respect other nerds.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:09 pm 

Chus wrote:

Indeed, this is a good one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:09 pm 

Chus wrote:

Indeed, this is a good one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:10 pm 

tommy wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

What the Christ....

Were (maybe are still) you a big player? Was big into it from 4th - 9th grades, then just lost interest. Sports was more fun and the folks I knew that played were just a bit too unbalanced. We are talking Columbine levels of unbalanced, so I moved on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:13 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
tommy wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

What the Christ....

Were (maybe are still) you a big player? Was big into it from 4th - 9th grades, then just lost interest. Sports was more fun and the folks I knew that played were just a bit too unbalanced. We are talking Columbine levels of unbalanced, so I moved on.

Does D&D keep going? Or is each character a one off?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:16 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
tommy wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

What the Christ....

I played very little (read: two times) but I thought one kept their character from game to game (and, if they chose, amassed a cache of characters over time from which to choose) - unless of course they croaked and the DM tore the character sheet into pieces.

This is my first, and hopefully last, D&D post on the bored.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:19 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
tommy wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

What the Christ....

We killed ours, but that goes back to the first edition gaming version. We didn't cheat when creating characters, rolling dice iirc. You would die, then create a new character and story line about how the new guy was re-introduced into the game. It's been a loooong time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:26 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
tommy wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

What the Christ....

I played very little (read: two times) but I thought one kept their character from game to game (and, if they chose, amassed a cache of characters over time from which to choose) - unless of course they croaked and the DM tore the character sheet into pieces.

That is along the lines of what I was thinking. Thanks and I mean that earnestly. Not trying to be a dick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I have acquaintances that still play n their 40's. I'm always a little stunned when I see how excited they get about a new manual or adventure or whatever. never could get into it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
tommy wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

What the Christ....

Never played--some of the kids started a club in grammar school, and I almost joined, but the club was cancelled when Sister Louise Margaret saw the dragons on the box in which the game was stored. This was a cool book, though: The Dungeon Master: The Disappearance of James Dallas Egbert III

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:47 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
I played very little (read: two times)

Trying to decide whether or not to believe this . . . :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:48 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I have acquaintances that still play n their 40's. I'm always a little stunned when I see how excited they get about a new manual or adventure or whatever. never could get into it.

Wow....I didn't even know people still played it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:53 pm 

And tommy, you know know my reaction to seeing them carrying the New Dungeon Master's manual around. Worse was the discussion concerning the rules changes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Tech nerds.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:05 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
And tommy, you know know my reaction to seeing them carrying the New Dungeon Master's manual around. Worse was the discussion concerning the rules changes.

New Dungeon Master's manual . . . or those books with illustrations of demons or whatever they were . . . I ain't mocking it, but I was legitimately afraid for those who brought that stuff to the park next door, which was ruled by sadistic, trashy dropouts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:15 pm 

I feel like me telling you what was in the manual might be like when grobber was discussing the three technique but less acurate. I believe it's an instruction book for the guy who runs the game. I believe you are referring to the Monster Manual which I actually owned as a friend gifted it to me in 5th grade or so.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Can't get any gayer in here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:21 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I feel like me telling you what was in the manual might be like when grobber was discussing the three technique but less acurate. I believe it's an instruction book for the guy who runs the game. I believe you are referring to the Monster Manual which I actually owned as a friend gifted it to me in 5th grade or so.

I think you may still be able to delete this post . . .

Actually, that's exactly what it was--the Monster Manual....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:29 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
tommy wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

What the Christ....

That is along the lines of what I was thinking. Thanks and I mean that earnestly. Not trying to be a dick.

:lol: NP ... we had, what, a two-post fight ... neither of us massacred anyone ... all good.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:33 pm 

tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

I think you may still be able to delete this post . . .

Actually, that's exactly what it was--the Monster Manual....

If I get judged by the possessions from when I was 10-14 or the memories of said things so be it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:44 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Can't get any gayer in here.

Check thread name sir. Welcome to your era.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 62  Next