It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: questions about the wire
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
1. anyone know when season four comes out on dvd?

2. anyone know when season five comes on the air? i figure sometime in the fall, but i wonder if it'll be pushed earlier or later.

i only ask cause google is no help and i don't watch HBO all that much when the wire / cye aren't on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:12 pm 

Season 5 won't air til 2008. HBO is content on airing just the end of the Sopranos, and Big Love season 2. The Wire won't start taping til the summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:37 am 

jesus. that sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:47 am 

Quote:
Season 5 won't air til 2008. HBO is content on airing just the end of the Sopranos, and Big Love season 2. The Wire won't start taping til the summer.

Are you sure? I thought that it was returning this fall. Best show going, IMO.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:14 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm pretty sure it's this fall and I know it's the final season, I'm just catching up with the show and Season 1, maybe the best show I have ever seen. When's the "Deadwood" movie coming out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:29 pm 

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's this fall and I know it's the final season, I'm just catching up with the show and Season 1, maybe the best show I have ever seen.

Yeah, it's truly phenomenal; the degree of realism and detail is unparalleled. I've noticed they're playing it on BET now, with only the "fucks" edited out; hopefully more people will see it now, because I really believe people can learn a thing or two about the problems our society faces from it (particularly the third season which focuses largely on the role of drug prohibition in the continuance of gang warfare). It sorta sucks that there's only going to be one more season, but apparently the creator intended there to be 5 seasons from the get-go, so everything he wants said should be said, and they should be able to "wrap it up." Season 4 has set up season 5 to be kickass.

Quote:
When's the "Deadwood" movie coming out.

Good question; it was my understanding that it was supposed to be this year some time, yet I've heard nothing about it.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:01 pm 

matt: agreed, re: airing on BET is a good thing for a wider audience, but it's impossible to watch if you've seen it on HBO -- episodes run upwards of 90/120 minutes with commercials that are as long as the segments they play. forced me to break down and buy seasons 1 & 2 on dvd, though it was well worth it.

from what i've read/heard, season 5 is supposed to be about the media (as season four was about education). should be fucking rad, and hopefully david simon (co-creator) gets to aim the dagger at his past work / career (journalism) as ed burns has with his.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:07 pm 

Quote:
matt: agreed, re: airing on BET is a good thing for a wider audience, but it's impossible to watch if you've seen it on HBO -- episodes run upwards of 90/120 minutes with commercials that are as long as the segments they play. forced me to break down and buy seasons 1 & 2 on dvd, though it was well worth it.

Heh, yeah, I doubt you'll regret that purchase. It's good that it will raise awareness of it, though; this should be the best known HBO show, and it's among the least known.

Quote:
from what i've read/heard, season 5 is supposed to be about the media (as season four was about education). should be fucking rad, and hopefully david simon (co-creator) gets to aim the dagger at his past work / career (journalism) as ed burns has with his.

Yeah, that's what's great about it: it tackles all angles of society.