It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I have a guy working for me who is 22 and he always tells me about a movie he saw, but yet never watched Caddyshack.

So, for all you 'yutes' that have never seen the following list. YOU MUST SEE THESE MOVIES. There will be a test! I am SERIOUS!

1. Caddyshack- Loaded with Great lines. if you have not seen it, I am sure someone in your life has dropped a Caddyshack quote on you, you didn't get it, like 'gunga la gunga' (never watch Caddyshack II)
2. Stripes- We're Americans! We're 10-1! We've been kicking ass for over 200years!
3. Animal House-Before you go to college a must watch just to understand ALLIGATOR!
4. Blues Brothers- So you know what "a mission from god" is.
5. Airplane- While a storyline does exist here, this is the first of all those SPOOF movies that came out (it was not all spoofs), and is filled with smartass lines, like "Ever seen a grown man naked?"

I am sure others will jump in with other classics you might have walked by at Blockbuster a million times, but here are a few more THE JERK, HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS, BLAZING SADDLES, MONTY PYTHONS HOLY GRAIL, PORKYS, CHEECH and CHONG UP IN SMOKE, FLETCH!,WAYNES WORLD, WATERBOY

note: I am sure someone will list Spinal Tap. I don't agree that it is a must see, but if you can google "it goes to 11" and get that line, you got all you need from that movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:57 am 

So you will hire someone who has never seen Caddyshack, but you won't hire someone with a myspace page? :)

I agree with most of your list, except I'm not a Blues Brothers fanatic. Good movie, but not on my must see list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
I'm surprised that My Blue Heaven is not on the list. :P

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:31 am 

bigfan wrote:
5. Airplane- While a storyline does exist here, this is the first of all those SPOOF movies that came out (it was not all spoofs), and is filled with smartass lines, like "Ever seen a grown man naked?"

not so. the first spoof movie was "The Big Bus" in 1976, and "The Kentucky Fried Movie" (made also by the Zucker brothers and Abrahams) was in 1977.

"Airplane!" sometimes is erroneously known as the "first" spoof movie because it popularized the genre, but there were movies before it that were considered "spoof movies".

Also, the movies you listed are very very obvious...and "This is Spinal Tap" is better than most of the ones you say are must-sees.

"Stripes" falls apart toward the end, as does "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". "Life of Brian" is 10 times better than HG. And the end of "Blazing Saddles" still doesn't sit well with me, it was kind of a cop out compared to how great the rest of the movie was.

"Animal House" and "The Jerk" are probably two of the best of that time, and are still hilarious.

"Caddyshack" isn't a very good movie but there are some hilarious parts; I think of it as a "comedian's movie"--the plot is for shit, and the best characters are the comedians in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Yeah, add Kentucky Fried Movie to that list. Samuel L. Bronkowitz was an alias I used a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:25 pm 

"hollywood shuffle" was great too.

and of course, "the last dragon".

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
bigfan wrote:
I have a guy working for me who is 22 and he always tells me about a movie he saw, but yet never watched Caddyshack.

So, for all you 'yutes' that have never seen the following list. YOU MUST SEE THESE MOVIES. There will be a test! I am SERIOUS!

1. Caddyshack- Loaded with Great lines. if you have not seen it, I am sure someone in your life has dropped a Caddyshack quote on you, you didn't get it, like 'gunga la gunga' (never watch Caddyshack II)
2. Stripes- We're Americans! We're 10-1! We've been kicking ass for over 200years!
3. Animal House-Before you go to college a must watch just to understand ALLIGATOR!

I am sure others will jump in with other classics you might have walked by at Blockbuster a million times, but here are a few more THE JERK, HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS, BLAZING SADDLES, MONTY PYTHONS HOLY GRAIL, PORKYS, CHEECH and CHONG UP IN SMOKE, FLETCH!,WAYNES WORLD, WATERBOY

note: I am sure someone will list Spinal Tap. I don't agree that it is a must see, but if you can google "it goes to 11" and get that line, you got all you need from that movie.

Ive lost all faith in you. You have killed our avatars and now you are going to claim Spinal Tap is not a must see :wink:

A lot of people don't get Spinal Tap, and I never fully understood why because I think it, along with Best in Show and A Mighty Wind, were three classics. The it goes to 11 bit was only one of many memorable parts of the movie. Getting stuck in the Pod, the stonehenge bit, and one after another of memorable quotes. Kevin Smith movies have this same problem. My younger cousin watched Clerks for the first time and he said it was the stupidest thing he had ever watched. Go figure.

My list of classics:

- Ghostbusters
- Ferris Buellers Day Off
- Police Academy 1 and 4
- Back to School
- The Great Outdoors
- Uncle Buck
- The Adventures of Ford Fairlane

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: The one I make every friday night
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Ive lost all faith in you. You have killed our avatars and now you are going to claim Spinal Tap is not a must see :wink:

A lot of people don't get Spinal Tap, and I never fully understood why because I think it, along with Best in Show and A Mighty Wind, were three classics. The it goes to 11 bit was only one of many memorable parts of the movie. Getting stuck in the Pod, the stonehenge bit, and one after another of memorable quotes. Kevin Smith movies have this same problem. My younger cousin watched Clerks for the first time and he said it was the stupidest thing he had ever watched. Go figure.

My list of classics:

- Ghostbusters
- Police Academy 1 and 4
- Back to School
- The Great Outdoors
- Uncle Buck

How about the whole armadillo in the trousers line, huge cucumber in the pants at the airport,the whole flower children scene...And the best of all, the drummers keep dying....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:50 am 

Classics in my book

Agree on Caddyshack, Stripes, Animal House, Airplane.

I'd throw Goodfellas, Blazing Saddles, The Godfather I and II, Jaws, and Rocky. If you want to go old, throw in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, True Grit, Psycho, and Cool Hand Luke.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:02 am 

Redneckmommy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

My list of classics:

- Ghostbusters
- Police Academy 1 and 4
- Back to School
- The Great Outdoors
- Uncle Buck

How about the whole armadillo in the trousers line, huge cucumber in the pants at the airport,the whole flower children scene...And the best of all, the drummers keep dying....

The love ballad named Lick My Love Pump, the sign that has the puppet show as the headline act, "Hello Cleveland!"

I agree with bigfan, it's not a must see for the youths, but it is a great movie.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: The one I make every friday night
good dolphin wrote:
Redneckmommy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

My list of classics:

- Ghostbusters
- Police Academy 1 and 4
- Back to School
- The Great Outdoors
- Uncle Buck

The love ballad named Lick My Love Pump, the sign that has the puppet show as the headline act, "Hello Cleveland!"

I agree with bigfan, it's not a must see for the youths, but it is a great movie.

But these go to 11