It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Netflix Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Jbi11s wrote:
I’m the biggest comic book nerd I know, and even I thought the show was absurdly unrealistic.

The comedian who was killed... had ligature marks on his wrists, a slice on his wrist, a crushed skull, but it's a suicide right? And he just kinda tidied up the blood the roomba went through? OK.
There were 3 or 4 plot points that I called in episode 2 or 3 that came to fruition in episode 9 or 10. I thought of the stupidest possible outcome and was properly rewarded.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Tad Queasy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
shakes wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:
shakes wrote:
It's really good. I didn't know a single thing about F1, didn't even know who Lewis Hamilton was. But you really learn about it quick on the show and now I want to follow the sport.

I would be curious to hear what you think if you watch some races. 2014 to the present is probably the worst period in F1 history so I'm curious if someone coming from the show finds it entertaining.

Is that because of the Mercedes domination? I could see that it would be a little boring if every week the same guy is always at the top.

I was thinking of watching the races, but I probably won't because I really like watching the show and not knowing what is going to happen. There was that massive crash last year with Grosjean and I was on the edge of my seat.

F1 has been the same way through history. Especially since the eighties with Piquet, Prost and really through Senna (rip) and Schumacher.

Tommy Williams wrote:
Meanwhile, in Bologna...

I didn't start watching F1 until '94 or '95 and followed it fairly closely for several years until they instituted rules changes that limited overtaking and made the races more of a processional than anything else. I started watching again a couple of years ago and have followed more closely the last two seasons.

During the rain delay last week they showed a feature about Mick Schumacher driving the car his father drove in his F1 debut. It was excellent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daHOq_Z ... hannel=MSC

There’s a Schumacher documentary debuting on Netflix this month.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:06 pm 

Bob Ross: Happy Accidents, Betrayal and Greed
This is worth a viewing if you're any older than 30 or so. Most of us 70s kids grew up with Bob Ross. If you grew up with cable TV you probably don't really remember watching these shows I guess. Shit, until I was in my teens we pretty much only had 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, 26, 32, 60 and 66.
Anyway, this is a nice little biopic of his life and career, with a nasty little secret no one ever knew about the shady business side of his show and art supplies and other exploitation that dogged him in life and death.
At around 90 minutes, this is a fantastic documentary. There's some really sweet tender moments, almost Mr. Rogers like, for example, at one time a man approached him at one of his classes and said he could never paint and do artwork because he is completely color blind and can only see shades of gray. So Mr. Ross dedicates a show to him using only whites and black paints to show him he can still create beauty despite his condition.
Unless you're inhuman, there's more than a couple misty moments.
If you grew up with this man watching him paint stunning landscapes in 30 minutes, it's worth a view.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Darkside wrote:
This is worth a viewing if you're any older than 30 or so. Most of us 70s kids grew up with Bob Ross. If you grew up with cable TV you probably don't really remember watching these shows I guess. Shit, until I was in my teens we pretty much only had 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, 26, 32, 60 and 66.
Anyway, this is a nice little biopic of his life and career, with a nasty little secret no one ever knew about the shady business side of his show and art supplies and other exploitation that dogged him in life and death.
At around 90 minutes, this is a fantastic documentary. There's some really sweet tender moments, almost Mr. Rogers like, for example, at one time a man approached him at one of his classes and said he could never paint and do artwork because he is completely color blind and can only see shades of gray. So Mr. Ross dedicates a show to him using only whites and black paints to show him he can still create beauty despite his condition.
If you grew up with this man watching him paint stunning landscapes in 30 minutes, it's worth a view.

I never heard of him until Steven Crowder painted Mohammed as Bob Ross. Pretty funny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hey DS

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xAN1ThhTWsE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:15 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

Goddamnit.
I'll only do it if you do it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:38 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:05 am 

i can't find a thread for it, and forget if one was ever created, but the 3rd season of "sex education" dropped and through 2 episodes i remember why i liked it so much.

there is definitely more "woke" culture being injected into it but the main characters are still really likable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:36 am 

anyone watching Squid Game? I'm two episodes in and so far it's really good.

Also, season 2 of Into the Night has been great so far, I'm halfway through.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:36 am 

W_Z wrote:
i can't find a thread for it, and forget if one was ever created, but the 3rd season of "sex education" dropped and through 2 episodes i remember why i liked it so much.

there is definitely more "woke" culture being injected into it but the main characters are still really likable.

Nope, fuck that noise. I won't watch anything with woke culture being injected into it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:45 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
shakes wrote:

Schumacher was a clown so I'll be curious how this one turns out considering the family was involved. Senna did a lot of things on track that were questionable but that came from an uncontrollable desire to win. Schumacher was calculating and unemotional plus the garbage he pulled was way worse than anything Senna ever did.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
shakes wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Nope, fuck that noise. I won't watch anything with woke culture being injected into it.

Agreed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
W_Z wrote:

Yep, I got interested by Maeve and then pulled in when I saw Gillian Anderson in it. I think they may be exaggerating the complete immersion in sex by high schoolers ( I hope) and overestimating the queer amount. It is more fantasy then reality, and filled with young 20-somethings acting as high schoolers and willing to get nekked on camera!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:14 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
shakes wrote:

Schumacher was a clown so I'll be curious how this one turns out considering the family was involved. Senna did a lot of things on track that were questionable but that came from an uncontrollable desire to win. Schumacher was calculating and unemotional plus the garbage he pulled was way worse than anything Senna ever did.

Unfortunately the reviews say it's a nothing special doc and will only be enjoyed by the most diehard Schumacher fans.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:33 am 

I frequently turn to Netflix and see multiple seasons of shows I have never heard of and would never have an interest in watching.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:47 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:16 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I frequently turn to Netflix and see multiple seasons of shows I have never heard of and would never have an interest in watching.

I picture you hitting the submit button extra hard and then sitting back with your arms crossed and nodding at the computer screen. Told them!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:18 am 

you people are all fucking morons. 98% of you have no taste in television and you watch garbage.

I come on here and suggest great shows all the time and maybe 1 person follows my advice.

Fuck all you cvnts.

Just finished season 2 of Into the Night. Phenomenal show. If you don't watch it you're a bag of dicks.

Squid Game is really good 2 episodes in as well.

FUCK YOU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
shakes wrote:
Unfortunately the reviews say it's a nothing special doc and will only be enjoyed by the most diehard Schumacher fans.

Yeah it would be tough with the family involved. They are very protective of him and his legacy. People aren't even sure what his condition is today...some say he's in a vegetative state and others say he's aware of his surroundings. With Senna people were fans because they liked him but with Schumacher it was more they were fans because he brought Ferrari back not because of him personally because his personality really put a lot of people off.

The Senna doc is pretty good even with the family involved. They try to make Prost the villain so that was pretty ridiculous but other than that I thought they did a good job.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:57 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
shakes wrote:

Yeah it would be tough with the family involved. They are very protective of him and his legacy. People aren't even sure what his condition is today...some say he's in a vegetative state and others say he's aware of his surroundings. With Senna people were fans because they liked him but with Schumacher it was more they were fans because he brought Ferrari back not because of him personally because his personality really put a lot of people off.

The Senna doc is pretty good even with the family involved. They try to make Prost the villain so that was pretty ridiculous but other than that I thought they did a good job.

I liked the Senna doc as well. In the review I read about Scumacher they actually mention how the Senna doc got it right but this one didn't.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:05 pm 

shakes wrote:
you people are all fucking morons. 98% of you have no taste in television and you watch garbage.

I come on here and suggest great shows all the time and maybe 1 person follows my advice.

Fuck all you cvnts.

Just finished season 2 of Into the Night. Phenomenal show. If you don't watch it you're a bag of dicks.

Squid Game is really good 2 episodes in as well.

FUCK YOU

Squid Game is perfect for that 10 second FF button. The Koreans are very slow in getting to the point.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:54 am 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
DAC wrote:
shakes wrote:
a buddy of mine told me I had to watch F1 Drive to Survive reality show on Netflix. I don't follow the sport so I was hesitant, but he said he recommended it to several people who don't follow race cars and they all loved it.

He was right. I made it through 2/3 seasons so far and it is fantastic. It's so good it made me want to start following the sport. I highly recommend.

I've heard the same thing from a couple different people.

It really is just about the best sports docu series I've ever seen. Can't recommend it highly enough.

I thought about the Last Dance before I made that comment. This is better than the Last Dance. Both are amazing so it's splitting hairs.

Then I'll check it out. But if you're wrong......

Nardi, did you check out Drive to Survive?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:26 am 

shakes wrote:

Yes. At first it was very hard to keep everybody and every team straight since I know nothing of the "sport"(and lots of these guys look alike :lol: ). Entertaining, well worth the watch, but no where near as compelling as Last Dance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:39 am 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

Yes. At first it was very hard to keep everybody and every team straight since I know nothing of the "sport"(and lots of these guys look alike :lol: ). Entertaining, well worth the watch, but no where near as compelling as Last Dance.

That's fine that you didn't like it as much as Last Dance. I'm just focusing on the "well worth the watch" part.

I agree that at first it's hard to tell all the teams and people apart, but after a bit you figure out who everyone is and where they all fit in the pecking order.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:52 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Darkside wrote:

That was fascinating. I watched a lot of Bob Ross over the years and especially when I worked at PBS during Pledge Week.

His kid is like a reincarnation of Bob. Down to the voice. Weird how kids can be that way. One of my kids looks, acts, and sounds just like me. I know because I know what I was like at his age. My wife's family thinks he's amazing and that I'm crazy and he's nothing like me.

I wish they would have put the graphic up as Bob Ross vs. Bob Ross Inc. - would have been more striking.

I'd read stuff about him before that when he was in the military he was some kind of drill instructor and decided he didn't want to channel that type of vitriol and ended up painting while still in the military and took that after he discharged and decided he wouldn't yell at people after that. I may not have that exactly correct and I don't care to fact check it but that's what I read. Urban legend or not, it's a good story.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:05 am 

Watched the documentary 'Tread' last night. Might be boring for some, but I thought it was an interesting. I'm sure many of us wishes we had a "Killdozer" at some point in our lives. I have no memory of this story from 2004, but they mention at the end of the film that Reagan died the day after, so the news outlets were focusing on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWSJ4_WtCoE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:12 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
casual fan wrote:
Watched the documentary 'Tread' last night. Might be boring for some, but I thought it was an interesting. I'm sure many of us wishes we had a "Killdozer" at some point in our lives. I have no memory of this story from 2004, but they mention at the end of the film that Reagan died the day after, so the news outlets were focusing on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWSJ4_WtCoE

Wow. Never heard of that either. Going to watch that today.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
These Netflix Untold docs are good.

Never heard of the Danbury Trashers before this. That was quite a story. Wasn't familiar with Mardy Fish either.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:21 pm 

shakes wrote:
anyone watching Squid Game? I'm two episodes in and so far it's really good.

Also, season 2 of Into the Night has been great so far, I'm halfway through.

Watching both and enjoying them both. My hands shaking watching them play the "games"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Also watched a Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary. Not too bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 42  Next