It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: House of the Dragon
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Brick wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
If you aren't invested in any of the Targareyens in a show about the Targareyens then I don't think this show is for you.

I think the show is going too fast too but we probably would only have a small amount of caring about the various people that the Targareyens are sleeping with that all seem to be dying.

The point is the show is doing a sucky job at securing investment from MANY viewers. I agree it's moving too fast, that's part of the problem. It inhibits character development which was so central to peak GOT and really most good shows.

Whoever wrote this prequel really screwed up. There are no likeable characters. There is no understandable story lines whatsoever. Didn't these guys understand the great show they were trying to tie into? Its really badly done.

Don't watch then.

Don’t post then. Are you defender of the show?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:42 pm 

He said it's really badly done. Don't watch it is good advice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:51 pm 

Brick wrote:
He said it's really badly done. Don't watch it is good advice.

Agreed then.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The hound murdered a child for the crime of being mean to Joffrey. While he was redeeming himself via seeking to sell Arya back to her family, he robbed (murdered?) a weak old man who gave him food & shelter.

Not a good guy.

Jon Snow was arguably the only legit good guy in the show and even he killed a kid. Also sneak attack murdered his aunt/lover.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The hound murdered a child for the crime of being mean to Joffrey. While he was redeeming himself via seeking to sell Arya back to her family, he robbed (murdered?) a weak old man who gave him food & shelter.

Not a good guy.

Jon Snow was arguably the only legit good guy in the show and even he killed a kid. Also sneak attack murdered his aunt/lover.

Idk why people are forgetting about Ned. I think one of the themes of the show was that good guys do indeed finish last. Or at least lose their heads, like Ned. By killing Dany John did what Ned wasn't able to do when he had a chance - use force to eliminate your threat before you lose the game. He learned the lesson Ned never learned. But by not learning his lesson Ned was probably the most morally irreproachable person on the show. I think his only "fault" was lying about the parentage of Snow. But even that was a massive act of valor and self sacrifice.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:12 pm 

All of them were relatively human, which I think is the point. Nobody is all good or all bad.

Ned’s honor led him to kill a bunch of people. Led him to lie to Jon and allow Jon to sign up for a life sentence as a virgin wall guarder. He held to a code, yes, but having a code doesn’t necessarily make someone good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
All of them were relatively human, which I think is the point. Nobody is all good or all bad.

Ned’s honor led him to kill a bunch of people. Led him to lie to Jon and allow Jon to sign up for a life sentence as a virgin wall guarder. He held to a code, yes, but having a code doesn’t necessarily make someone good.

Who did Ned kill? You mean just before he was betrayed by little finger? He killed in his capacity as protector of the realm if so, filling in for Robert. He lied to John to protect John's life.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:47 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Who did Ned kill? You mean just before he was betrayed by little finger? He killed in his capacity as protector of the realm if so, filling in for Robert. He lied to John to protect John's life.

I mean he was a principal in a war fought over a lie. He insurrected the Targaryans then actively worked against their restoration. Arthur Dayne didn’t deserve to die (protecting Ned’s sister) because Ned was a hardo for his word.

He lied to Jon. He lied to Kat. He lied to everybody. His sister didn’t make him promise to lie - she asked him to protect Jon. Ned’s solution was to banish the kid to a life of celibacy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:08 pm 

Oh look Prick is not essential to the show discussion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
He lied to Jon. He lied to Kat. He lied to everybody. His sister didn’t make him promise to lie - she asked him to protect Jon. Ned’s solution was to banish the kid to a life of celibacy.

When members of Night's Watch want to get laid they just go to Mole's Town.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos

Not a good guy.

THe point is that GOT was well written and had characters who were likable even in the heavies of the show. The Hound was a perfect example of that.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Episode Seven was the best yet. I've seen some complaints about the low light levels, but I really loved the music and mood.

Spoiler: Went back to episode 6 and saw that the sister predicted Aemond would "have to 'close' an eye." Seems like she could end up as a powerful character eventually.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:05 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It's kind of hard to take this universe seriously when the King's righthand man wears that dumb hand pin on his tunic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Episode Seven was the best yet. I've seen some complaints about the low light levels, but I really loved the music and mood.

Spoiler: Went back to episode 6 and saw that the sister predicted Aemond would "have to 'close' an eye." Seems like she could end up as a powerful character eventually.

Yeah it was pretty good. I didn't understand why they had Daemon laugh during the funeral. It just made him look like a dumbass. Also it seemed that kid was set up to be a pretty good kid then after his Neverending Story ride he's like fuck off bitch get your own dragon and all hell breaks loose. That was kind of a strange sequence.

I don't really like the new princess. It was a strange choice to get someone with a distinct look like the first one knowing they were going to replace her later.

Who was that in the fireplace? Kind of a dick move after the parents just lost their daughter then he fakes his own death... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

MongoMuller wrote:
I didn't understand why they had Daemon laugh during the funeral.

I think he was laughing at the mention of Velaryon blood considering the situation with Rhaenyra's kids.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
MongoMuller wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Yeah it was pretty good. I didn't understand why they had Daemon laugh during the funeral. It just made him look like a dumbass. Also it seemed that kid was set up to be a pretty good kid then after his Neverending Story ride he's like fuck off bitch get your own dragon and all hell breaks loose. That was kind of a strange sequence.

I don't really like the new princess. It was a strange choice to get someone with a distinct look like the first one knowing they were going to replace her later.

Who was that in the fireplace? Kind of a dick move after the parents just lost their daughter then he fakes his own death... :lol:

I believe the guy in the fireplace was the guard who got choked out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
I believe the guy in the fireplace was the guard who got choked out.

Yeah that's right I paused for Amazon delivery just after Daemon had killed that guy and forgot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:26 pm 

I loved the story lines of GoT. Most of the characters had some portions of good fighting bad within them and it kept us guessing which would win out in the character.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:43 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Do we think that the Queen and the Hightowers were behind the rescue of The Princess Consort? It had to be someone who really hates the Targaryans, right?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:30 am 

The Hawk wrote:

I loved the story lines of GoT. Most of the characters had some portions of good fighting bad within them and it kept us guessing which would win out in the character.

The Targareyen's are the enemy in GoT though. Of course they are in general going to be more evil. The good guys show up later.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:19 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
The Targareyen's are the enemy in GoT though.

Not really. I would say the Lannisters are the enemy. Particularly Tywin and Cersei.

The Targareyens are considered the rightful rulers of Westeros who have been stripped of their legacy by bumbling drunk Robert Baratheon and his unwitting and well-meaning friend Ned Stark.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:48 am 

The living Targayens are heroes in GoT once the brother gets murdered. (Spoiler).

There are two of them and collectively they freed thousands of slaves, ended centuries of hostilities with the Norf, liberated the bulk of the continent, defended the world against skeletons and killed that obnoxious little bitch what stabbed Jon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:51 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Targareyen's are the enemy in GoT though.

Not really. I would say the Lannisters are the enemy. Particularly Tywin and Cersei.

The Targareyens are considered the rightful rulers of Westeros who have been stripped of their legacy by bumbling drunk Robert Baratheon and his unwitting and well-meaning friend Ned Stark.

The Lannisters are the enemy when the Targareyens are gone but even from the first season everyone was worried about Daeneyres.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:53 am 

The living Targayens are heroes in GoT once the brother gets murdered. (Spoiler).
Only if you ignore the final two seasons. :lol:

There are really two heroes in the whole story. Ned and Jon Snow. In a few years when they finish "Jon Snow kills Bran" it will be clear that Jaime was right and Jon Snow finished the job.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:59 am 

Brick wrote:

There are really two heroes in the whole story. Ned and Jon Snow. In a few years when they finish "Jon Snow kills Bran" it will be clear that Jaime was right and Jon Snow finished the job.

Dany wasn’t bad in the final two seasons. Just the last hour or so.

Jon’s a Targaryen. Jon’s a hero. By the transitive property of GoT, Targaryens are heroes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:01 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:

Ned was like Bull Connor, refusing to allow Wildlings to eat at Northern lunch counters and turning direwolves on them.

Ned was a hero to most but he never meant shit to me. Straight up racist that sucker was simple and plain. Motherfuck him and Arthur Dayne.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:02 am 
Site Admin

Is that really true though? Dany's answer to every problem was to have Drogon roast motherfuckers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:03 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Ned was like Bull Connor, refusing to allow Wildlings to eat at Northern lunch counters and turning direwolves on them.

Ned was a hero to most but he never meant shit to me. Straight up racist that sucker was simple and plain. Motherfuck him and Arthur Dayne.

Ned’s treatment of Jon was something you’d expect from a sociopath.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:05 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Is that really true though? Dany's answer to every problem was to have Drogon roast motherfuckers.

Is that bad?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:05 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Ned’s treatment of Jon was something you’d expect from a sociopath.

Yeah. "Hey, you're my beloved nephew and adopted son. Now go live in BumFuck Egypt with a bunch of mentally deficient criminals and be a lifelong virgin. Enjoy!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next