It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Call Saul
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:25 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This show isn't all that good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:36 am 

the re-casting threw me because he looked and sounded nothing like the original actor.

i'm wondering if they just stick with the gene storyline--but if it's true that jesse and walt are making an appearance, that would happen in the saul storyline still.

i didn't mind it. i thought the tension was well done for a scam so tedious. i think that was the point, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I wish they could've kept the first actor who played Jeff. This guy was weak.

The series really seems to be limping to the finish line. The final three episodes are written and directed by Schnauz, Gilligan, and Gould, so I'm optimistic...but it looks like we won't be getting a To'Hajiilee or Ozymandias.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
but it looks like we won't be getting a To'Hajiilee or Ozymandias.

You could if they kill Saul off I guess. More likely is Saul trying to pull off some scam at the local Walgreens or something at this point.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The only storylines remaining would be either the cartel finds Saul or Saul reunites with Kim in some way…or Saul pulls low level retail theft that in no way impacts Omaha’s reputation.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:32 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
but it looks like we won't be getting a To'Hajiilee or Ozymandias.

You could if they kill Saul off I guess. More likely is Saul trying to pull off some scam at the local Walgreens or something at this point.

I read that Carol Burnett is in more than one episode, so maybe she and Jeff put the screws to him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tall Midget wrote:
This show isn't all that good.

I agree. I'm willing to suspend disbelief and grant a TV show a lot of leeway, but some of the shit in here is so convoluted it's hard to take seriously in any manner.

I've seen a lot of real life scams in my time and they're all more elegant- and here's the kicker: FUNNIER- than the silly schemes Jimmy pulls off in this show.

I'm just not gonna put a lot of thought into it and I guess I'll be entertained for a few more hours.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:51 am 

i'm sure i said this already earlier in this thread but the show really was at its apex with the chuck/jimmy plotline. everything else has been contrived, including kim's descent into being saul goodman's partner/wife. it didn't add up the way that the brother storyline did.

i don't think this show needed the cartel subplot to be as present as it was. lalo basically replaced chuck and he's just a retread of other smiling psychopaths i've seen in a lot of other movies/shows.

i still find the show to be watchable and at times still smartly written. but the overall feel of the show has become that it has far outstayed its welcome. it didn't need to be more than 3 seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:11 am 

Just caught up on the last 2 episodes. I dont understand the point of this last episode at all. Gene working some scam in Omaha? What does that accomplish in the story?

Very disappointing so far this season.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Rewatching the last few eps of BB. It’s amazing how much better that show wrapped.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Rewatching the last few eps of BB. It’s amazing how much better that show wrapped.

The first few seasons were mostly bad.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:48 am 

Nas wrote:

I disagree, though concede some episodes dragged. I think many viewers were not used to a show where the main goal was to show the transformation of a character over many seasons. (Gilligan has frequently said his idea was turn Mr. Chips into Scarface.) The action was sometimes lacking compared to most other shows where the characters remain static and each episode was its own entity mostly unrelated to others.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:51 am 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:

I disagree, though concede some episodes dragged. I think many viewers were not used to a show where the main goal was to show the transformation of a character over many seasons. (Gilligan has frequently said his idea was turn Mr. Chips into Scrface.) The action was sometimes lacking compared to most other shows where the characters remain static.

I've consumed the entire franchise over the past year. I like it a lot. I wouldn't have made it past the first season if I watched it in real time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This board is way different than the media and others. I heard Odenkirk was on Waddle and Silvy. First time in forever I listened to them. I recommend the podcast( a few days ago). So many people are saying it was BO's finest work of how he does Sal, Gene, Jimmy, etc.

A lot of people now(Waddle said himself) think it is now better than Breaking Bad.

Even BO said no way on that. Gotta love the guy.

Me personally, way better than I thought it would be. My last binge show still airing at the moment. Fav character Nacho

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
i dont think they couldve done the same plotline in the Nippy episode with the original Jeff actor. This new guy just looked like a pushover to get some dirt on whereas original Cab Driver Jeff had a bit of a hard edge to him that scared Jimmy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Have a feeling ol Nippy is going to come back to bite Jimmy/Gene/Saul.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:39 am 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
i dont think they couldve done the same plotline in the Nippy episode with the original Jeff actor. This new guy just looked like a pushover to get some dirt on whereas original Cab Driver Jeff had a bit of a hard edge to him that scared Jimmy.

I thought the same thing. I tried to picture the original actor running through the mall and just couldn't.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:41 am 

I still do not understand the purpose of this gene episode.

Someone explain it to me.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:15 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

I thought the same thing. I tried to picture the original actor running through the mall and just couldn't.

would've have to of been a bit more of a breaking down of the characters facade than "oh, you just want in on this". I think the actor couldve performed it. hes a good character actor. But it wouldve needed to process differently and maybe a different scheme

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:17 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I still do not understand the purpose of this gene episode.

Someone explain it to me.

clear out a bump in the road in Jimmy's post BB life. or use it to swerve into unexpected results from it down the line as it wraps up connecting back to BB and whatever holds for ol' Gene

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:42 am 

I've been thinking about possible things that could happen in the final three episodes, and one of those involves the money that Jack stole from Walt. That $60-70m was never shown after they left To'Hojiilee, and was presumed to be held somewhere at Jack's compound. Of course, it's possible the police found it, but who was still alive that could have known about the six barrels?

1. Jesse
2. Huell and Kuby
3. Saul
4. Skyler

I'm picturing a flashforward (flashback in terms of BB) to the basement of the Disappearer, when Walt was asking Saul to help him plan an attack against Jack and his gang. Walt would tell Saul that there is a fortune that Jack stole, and maybe Saul/Gene goes back to look for it. Knowing that Walt and Jesse will be in at least one of the episodes has me wondering what the writers could do that wouldn't feel like a cheap cameo.

It's likely we are not done with the Marion and Jeff storyline, and I think Kim will make an appearance near the end. And possibly Tuco/Eladio/Hector/Gus. It will be interesting to see how much they try to tie in to BB vs making BCS stand on its own. Having them kill off Gene would be a real shocker.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They moved the cone?? What kind of asshole moves a cone?!?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:27 am 

Ok, this is interesting...they announced the titles of the final three episodes:

Tonight: "Breaking Bad" :shock:
8/8: "Waterworks"
8/15: "Saul Gone"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:07 am 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Ok, this is interesting...they announced the titles of the final three episodes:

Tonight: "Breaking Bad" :shock:
8/8: "Waterworks"
8/15: "Saul Gone"

Does Saul get the Tony Soprano treatment? Then we'll debate for years if he actually got whacked.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:51 am 

this episode had a little less moon logic from start to finish, and it was well framed. it's still hard to buy the new jeff, who as critics have pointed out, resembles the original jeff in just about zero ways.

my wife, who is a huge monkees fan, caught the mike nesmith cover of his own monkees song in that montage. "tapioca tundra".

the last mark, the one that's going to have consequences, reminded me of paul giamatti.

the phone call to where kim works at first felt like a cheap shot to keep us away from the audio but i'm hoping it pays off...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:17 am 

Cancer guy sounded a bit like Chris Elliot.

The first mark was a grown up Buzz from Home Alone. Time has not been kind to that man.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:20 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
This episode has me concerned about how this ends. I hope they aren't planning to have his storyline come full circle and he gets taken down ultimately by a guy with terminal cancer.

Also the potential of an off-camera Kim sendoff would be bad.

The cameo in the episode seemed underwhelming as well other than to remind us of things we already knew and the impact it had on Saul/Gene.

Having said that, I trust the writers have another layer of plot to all of this as they have in the past. So, I expect they will not do what might be telegraphed. But, they are running out of time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:28 am 

I do like how they’ve made current day Saul/Gene look like the early, impotent, Walter White. The stache, the pedo-glasses. That’s not by accident.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:08 am 

Seems implausible that Kim would be working at some sprinkler company in Florida. There has to be a reason they let us know she grew up in Nebraska, especially with Gene in Omaha.

I didn't see next week's preview, but a co-worker said there were police lights at the house he broke into. It doesn't make sense why Gene was so adamant on following through on the cancer guy. He fired Buddy (risking him retaliating), it's been hours since the guy was drugged so he might wake up, and he breaks the door's glass -- not only possibly alerting neighbors but also ruining the plan of leaving no traces like they did with the others. It's like he wants to get caught.

The cameo of Walt and Jesse didn't do much for me. I wanted to see something that advanced or affected the story in some way. I suppose it is kind of cool from a symmetry standpoint that the same scene was in the "Better Call Saul" episode in BB and now the "Breaking Bad" episode of BCS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
W_Z wrote:
this episode had a little less moon logic from start to finish, and it was well framed. it's still hard to buy the new jeff, who as critics have pointed out, resembles the original jeff in just about zero ways.

my wife, who is a huge monkees fan, caught the mike nesmith cover of his own monkees song in that montage. "tapioca tundra".

the last mark, the one that's going to have consequences, reminded me of paul giamatti.

the phone call to where kim works at first felt like a cheap shot to keep us away from the audio but i'm hoping it pays off...

I don't remember the old Jeff. Was he one of the two that noticed Saul sitting on a bench in the mall one day?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next