It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
KDdidit wrote:
It’s okay to like movies that aren’t great. I’ve seen The Force Awakens at least 5 times and I enjoy it every time. It doesn’t mean I’m ignoring that it’s nothing special.

I agree

I actually like The Last Jedi...

But at the same time, I'm not looking to claim that because a movie made a metric fuckton of money, it needs to be looked at as a great film (Avatar).

I mean, let's be honest...the Lord of the Rings movies made a ton of money and won awards, and I think they all suck.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Well when the guaranteed Oscar contender Ocean's 8 hits $2 billion we can resume this quality or average convo.

Ocean's 8? What the fuck? Wait...is that the chick movie?

Yeah man. You need to get caught up.

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=109952

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:14 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Well when the guaranteed Oscar contender Ocean's 8 hits $2 billion we can resume this quality or average convo.

Ocean's 8? What the fuck? Wait...is that the chick movie?

Yeah man. You need to get caught up.

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=109952

Oh, I saw that....I just forgot the name of the movie.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:28 pm 

Dewskie wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
So the highest grossing movies of all time are average or bad? Got it.

Mass appeal rarely equates to quality. Thank you for your stupid, poorly-thought out post, however.

Horrible take, but you continue taking this message board business as serious as you do.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:39 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
It’s okay to like movies that aren’t great. I’ve seen The Force Awakens at least 5 times and I enjoy it every time. It doesn’t mean I’m ignoring that it’s nothing special.

I agree

But at the same time, I'm not looking to claim that because a movie made a metric fuckton of money, it needs to be looked at as a great film (Avatar).

I mean, let's be honest...the Lord of the Rings movies made a ton of money and won awards, and I think they all suck.

Movie fandom is just very subjective.

At the end of the day Infinity War will be my fav top grossing film of all time. It's balanced so well, and Thanos is as good a comic book villain as there has been outside of Dark Knight Joker. Plus the directors actually took a chance at the end of the film.

A handful of people don't like it, or think it's average. That's fine. I am confident most people find it good to great.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:40 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I agree

At the end of the day Infinity War will be my fav top grossing film of all time. It's balanced so well, and Thanos is as good a comic book villain as there has been outside of Dark Knight Joker. Plus the directors actually took a chance at the end of the film.

A handful of people don't like it, or think it's average. That's fine. I am confident people find it good to great.

That's fine...I'm going to see it tonight (it's not like it was any real secret what was going to happen, so spoilers, meh)...I'm sure I will like it well enough to be entertained by it. That's all I ask.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:43 pm 

If there is one thing you will be it's entertained. Let us know what you think.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I agree

A handful of people don't like it, or think it's average. That's fine. I am confident people find it good to great.

That's fine...I'm going to see it tonight (it's not like it was any real secret what was going to happen, so spoilers, meh)...I'm sure I will like it well enough to be entertained by it. That's all I ask.

One of my favorite parts was Capts intro. The entire scene was perfect.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
meh, where did the delete post button go

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:24 pm 

Dewskie wrote:
Quote:

3 movies about a bunch of midgets walking around in the forest.

Keep it.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
The Lord of the Rings movies were excellent and in many ways better that the books, which were too fat for their own good.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:36 pm 

IMU wrote:
The Lord of the Rings movies were excellent and in many ways better that the books, which were too fat for their own good.

TREE MIJJITS WALKIN IN A DUMB WOODS

GIMME FUWKIN DIE HARD OVER DAT GAY SHEIT

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:44 pm 

IMU wrote:

Read the books in high school. Boring as shit. Just as bad as The Hobbit.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
IMU wrote:

Leave me out of this.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:49 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:07 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

OJ certainly made sure to aim for the head. Well, at least the neck area anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:13 pm 

See, they could've ended the movie shortly after Thanos admonished Thor that he should've aimed for the head by having an arrow then thunk right into his head with Hawkeye walking out of nowhere saying, "I told you I never miss". Fruity, but would save another 2.5 hours next May. But that's fine, I don't actually want to save another 2.5 hours next May.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Don Tiny wrote:
See, they could've ended the movie shortly after Thanos admonished Thor that he should've aimed for the head by having an arrow then thunk right into his head with Hawkeye walking out of nowhere saying, "I told you I never miss". Fruity, but would save another 2.5 hours next May. But that's fine, I don't actually want to save another 2.5 hours next May.

Then everyone could bitch for all of eternity how Marvel's strongest villain was taken out so cheaply.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:14 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Then everyone could bitch for all of eternity how Marvel's strongest villain was taken out so cheaply.

It's that or people bitching about the movie having too many characters or whatever the hell else.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:23 pm 

It's the internet. People are going to hate about anything and everything, but yeah I'd prefer another 2.5 hours of my life devoted to the conclusion of this 10 year run.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:37 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
It's the internet. People are going to hate about anything and everything, but yeah I'd prefer another 2.5 hours of my life devoted to the conclusion of this 10 year run.

I heard the next one ends in a massive pie fight.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I heard the next one ends in a massive pie fight.

Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Maria Hill, Captain Marvel, Gamorah. Nice pies.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:37 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jbi11s wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I agree

A handful of people don't like it, or think it's average. That's fine. I am confident most people find it good to great.

It was entertaining. But it was good not great. TDK was great, IMO. Most of these marvel movies are for the mass consumption. It seems starting with GoTg, they started to take risks. Ragnorok was another they took a risk with. Those 2, I would say were great. But not TDK great.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:43 am 

I liked it quite a bit. Good laughs, sad moments...I thought it was perfect for the setup for the next movie...it's not like they could do the whole story arc in one film, unless they made the damn thing 5 hours long.

As far as the complaints about "no main character"...well, then, what the fuck was Thanos...that was the whole point of this movie...to set up Thanos and get the Avengers their redemption in the next film.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:11 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
I liked it quite a bit. Good laughs, sad moments...I thought it was perfect for the setup for the next movie...it's not like they could do the whole story arc in one film, unless they made the damn thing 5 hours long.

As far as the complaints about "no main character"...well, then, what the fuck was Thanos...that was the whole point of this movie...to set up Thanos and get the Avengers their redemption in the next film.

100% agree with everything.

Empire Strikes Back is a good comparison from what I've read.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
read this on line thought about it and sounds about right,it lines up with what we saw in the movie and the comics

spolier.......................

Gammora is not dead. She is now the Keeper/Guardian of the Soul Stone. When Thanos talk to her after he uses the gauntlet she is standing in front of the arch of the stone.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
chaspoppcap wrote:
read this on line thought about it and sounds about right,it lines up with what we saw in the movie and the comics

spolier.......................

Nah, that is the soulworld. Director already confirmed it. So while I fully expect many dead Avengers to come back, I think it is going to be the ones that dusted.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:30 pm 

I think Chris Evans is 100% done because he's said as much. RDJ is maybe 50/50 to me.

From everything I've read about Hemsworth he was totally reinvigorated after Thor Ragnorak. Supposedly, Watiti has an idea for the next Thor movie. Honestly, his catalogue in the comics is endless. It would be a good idea to keep him alive .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next