It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Justice League
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
It was added to the Snyder cut, but I’m not sure if it was a reshot scene specifically for this release.

Most of the new footage in the Snyder cut was already shot in 2016/2017, and discarded by Joss Whedon/Warner Brothers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Started watching this the other night, I'm about halfway through. Definitely an improvement over the original, but still it's a pretty crappy movie just like every other Zack Snyder film ever made aside from Dawn of the Dead.

Why is it being shown in 4:3? The text said it was to preserve the director's creative vision, WTF is that nonsense? I doubt Snyder envisioned the movie being show in old TV box format. It says it's in 4K but because of the format it really doesn't look anything special on my upper echelon 80" LG OLED.

My bigger question? Why did they decide to go with an old Batman? Was it just so they had an excuse to use Afleck? It's really taking away from the movie for me to be honest. He looks completely out of place. It's hard for me to even focus on the movie when all I keep thinking about is how awesome this would be if it had Christian Bale.

The character development of Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman is so much better in this movie.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
a young batman would even be out of place amongst gods doing battle. Affleck is a great version of older, grizzled Bruce/Batman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:54 pm 

The 4:3 aspect ratio is because they were planning to release the movie in IMAX.

Affleck is a very good Batman, and like SNH said is great as an older/grizzled version of the character.

I would have recommended watching the extended cut of BVS before this movie for continuity’s sake.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:33 pm 

Making my way through this a second time, and that whole Cyborg character intro is really damn good.

I’m still so confused why that, amongst other scenes, was not used in the theatrical cut.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Jbi11s wrote:
Making my way through this a second time, and that whole Cyborg character intro is really damn good.

I’m still so confused why that, amongst other scenes, was not used in the theatrical cut.

You’re watching it twice? Why do you hate yourself?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:35 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
The 4:3 aspect ratio is because they were planning to release the movie in IMAX.

Affleck is a very good Batman, and like SNH said is great as an older/grizzled version of the character.

I would have recommended watching the extended cut of BVS before this movie for continuity’s sake.

I've seen the extended BVS cut a couple times.

Don't agree on Afleck, I don't buy him as Batman at all. Doesn't seem grizzled at all, just moderately old.

I've got one hour left, just finished the part where Clark comes back. Loved the part where Flash realizes that Superman is almost as fast as him. That was cool. I do like what they are doing with Barry, showing him to be basically just a kid who's never been in a fight before and has no idea what he's doing. pretty cool considering just how massive a hero he becomes in the DC continuity.

I saw they brought back the guy who plays Martian Manhunter on Supergirl to play MM in the movie. Was he in the Whedon cut at all? I did see that movie 2x and have no recollection of MM being in it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I went back to the 2017 version and skipped around to see some of the differences...what struck me was how Steppenwolf was much more expressive facially compared to the remake. Still a weak villain, moreso due to him groveling under Darkseid, who himself wasn't very intimidating considering Earth had beaten him already. Not sure why we are supposed to think his power has grown now that the mother boxes are gone. Even though he says they will have to go back to the "old ways", maybe it has something to do with the "anti-life equation"?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:22 am 

I’m not the biggest DC historian, but from what I understand Darkseid is immensely more powerful now than when he was fighting the Old Gods.

Plus, the Old Gods were extremely powerful in their own right.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Jbi11s wrote:
I’m not the biggest DC historian, but from what I understand Darkseid is immensely more powerful now than when he was fighting the Old Gods.

Plus, the Old Gods were extremely powerful in their own right.

Yeah, I don't know enough of the back story either. I assume Zeus, Ares and Artemis would still be available when Darkseid returns?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:41 am 

I think in DC comic lore Ares killed all the other Old Gods.

I cannot remember if Ares said what happened to his relatives in the WW movie.

Basically, earth needs all the help it can get when Darkseid invades with a full armada.

I’m not sure how equal Superman and Darkseid are in 1v1 power either.

We all need to keep watching the Snyder cut over and over again, then flooding social media with positive reactions so we get to see Justice League 2 & 3.

JL2 is supposed to be the Nightmare sequence after Lois dies.

I want to see!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:06 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

I want to see!!!

Finished the movie. Definitely a lot better than the original. It was obviously set up with a sequal in mind so there's a nother massive fail by DC.

The nightmare scene at the end was confusing. I don't understand how they would do a whole movie about that. I take it Darkseid comes to town and wins and the Earth goes to crap. Lois Lane dies so now Superman is evil?? Ok, not sure how that works.

So what would the end of the movie be? Flash runs fast and the whole movie gets a do over? Bruce Wayne wakes up and it's all a dream? either way, those are terrible endings to a movie and would make the 2nd movie completely pointless.

I can see why Cyborg quit. Was he even in the original movie?

Even with 4 hours he still did a weak job with Flash. Character still needed much more development. They left out a scene from the original that they should've included where Flash confesses to Batman that he's never been in a fight before and doesn't know what to do. The remake needed that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
shakes wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I want to see!!!

Finished the movie. Definitely a lot better than the original. It was obviously set up with a sequal in mind so there's a nother massive fail by DC.

The nightmare scene at the end was confusing. I don't understand how they would do a whole movie about that. I take it Darkseid comes to town and wins and the Earth goes to crap. Lois Lane dies so now Superman is evil?? Ok, not sure how that works.

So what would the end of the movie be? Flash runs fast and the whole movie gets a do over? Bruce Wayne wakes up and it's all a dream? either way, those are terrible endings to a movie and would make the 2nd movie completely pointless.

Even with 4 hours he still did a weak job with Flash. Character still needed much more development. They left out a scene from the original that they should've included where Flash confesses to Batman that he's never been in a fight before and doesn't know what to do. The remake needed that.

From just what I can tell about the nightmare it is kinda based on Kingdom Come. With bits of the Tim Drake/Robin storyline thrown in.
Flash is a hard one to do because eventually he becomes more powerful than even Superman.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:40 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
shakes wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I want to see!!!

From just what I can tell about the nightmare it is kinda based on Kingdom Come. With bits of the Tim Drake/Robin storyline thrown in.
Flash is a hard one to do because eventually he becomes more powerful than even Superman.

How does Flash become more powerful than Superman? Faster, yes. Barely. But never more powerful. Unless you are saying that his ability to bend time, phase and stuff like that makes him more powerful that Supe? That seems like a stretch to me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:51 pm 

If you really think about how dark it would be, the Nightmare movie would be very fun.

Flash going back in time to try and fix it would be fine.

The 3rd movie would be preventing the Nightmare timeline.

I think it has/had potential to be very enjoyable and dark.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:24 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
If you really think about how dark it would be, the Nightmare movie would be very fun.

Flash going back in time to try and fix it would be fine.

The 3rd movie would be preventing the Nightmare timeline.

I think it has/had potential to be very enjoyable and dark.

I thought DC wanted to be different than Marvel? That's pretty much the Avengers last 2 movies playbook.

Non related question: Where was the green lantern in this movie? I thought I read that there was a GL scene in this movie that was cut from the original Or are they just talking about the flashback to the original war with Darkseid and the old gods. There was a GL who was killed in that scene and his ring took off.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:31 pm 

Zack Snyder shot the ending scene after Bruce wakes up from the nightmare with an actor playing John Stewart.

The studio said no to that scene, supposedly because Warmer Brothers has their own plans for a Green Lantern project.

Martian Manhunter was used instead.

https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/zack-snyders-justice-league-green-lantern-actor-revealed/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:38 pm 

Also, it’s very difficult to say who ripped off who when Snyder had the JL movies outlined back in 2015.

What is also funny is some super Nerds think the multiverse angle Marvel is about to unleash was not part of their pre pandemic plan, and the MCU trajectory could have been altered in response to all the leaks last year surrounding the Flash solo movie being centered around the DC multiverse.

Whether that is true or not, don’t ever think Kevin Feige is out here playing nice with Warner Brothers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Quote:
How does Flash become more powerful than Superman? Faster, yes. Barely. But never more powerful. Unless you are saying that his ability to bend time, phase and stuff like that makes him more powerful that Supe? That seems like a stretch to me.

His ability to manipulate the Speed Force just becomes insane to the point where he can do almost anything.He can jump not only backwards in time but forwards. Slide in between the different universes. He basically took out the Anti Monitor by himself during Crisis on infinite Earths. He power level was so insane it was the reason they "killed" off Barry Allen for over 10 years.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:19 pm 

This could mean Snyderverse is imminent.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Those would have sucked regardless.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:25 pm 

I mean probably.

I didn’t know you were a fan of comic book movies.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jbi11s wrote:
I mean probably.

I didn’t know you were a fan of comic book movies.

I read about everything that came out for almost ten years. At some point I realized it’s an addiction. The story never ends and just goes into spin-offs.

It’s fun to see it mainstream but difficult to keep up with the volume. The Snyder cut was good. Made Cyborg interesting. I like the character. Only remember him from old Super Friends cartoons.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:11 am 

Very cool.

Agree on Cyborg.

Thought his story arc was very well done in ZSJL, and I also never thought much of him as a character before that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:52 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Very cool.

Agree on Cyborg.

Thought his story arc was very well done in ZSJL, and I also never thought much of him as a character before that.

yep, Cyborg having a personality and story was the biggest pleasant surprise of the re-do.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:35 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Jbi11s wrote:

No surprise that Whedon is a douchebag.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:03 pm 

Wtf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:17 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:57 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next