It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
All the Asgardians could come back and they could do the story where they are all in humans. Then they build new Asgard in Oklahoma

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Terry's Peeps wrote:
All the Asgardians could come back and they could do the story where they are all in humans. Then they build new Asgard in Oklahoma

Lotta empty space in Oklahoma...

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
According to the directors Valkyrie is alive. No word on Korg.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Finally going to see this tonight.
haven't read any spoilers, not that it would matter, but I hope at least Batman survives this so-called Infinity War....

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
shirtless driver wrote:
Finally going to see this tonight.
haven't read any spoilers, not that it would matter, but I hope at least Batman survives this so-called Infinity War....

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:48 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
If I had to ask one question, it's a piddly one and it's this (trying to ask it spoiler-free essentially):

When those who went away went away in the fashion that they went away, why did it not leave behind any clothing or jewelry or what have you? You can't say "well it's because it was on their person" at the time b/c right at the last moment of the post-credits scene, that person went away but the beeper remained (and we presume 'connected' with the intended party).

Two men will be working in the field; one will be taken, one will be left.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:56 am 

Panther pislA wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
I saw it this morning and enjoyed it. I think they did a good job of integrating all of the characters without having any of the storylines feel obtrusive in relation to something else that was going on. No one stepped on anyone's toes.

Vision seemed less powerful than he did in Civil War.

Elizabeth Olsen sure is purty.

She is way too plain jane.

I never once thought, "Hmmmm, I could really go for her sitting on my face right about now"

This guy gets it. Plain and if you were to pick one object of affection in that movie she would have to wait in line.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:00 am 

IMU wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
read this on line thought about it and sounds about right,it lines up with what we saw in the movie and the comics

spolier.......................

Nah, that is the soulworld. Director already confirmed it. So while I fully expect many dead Avengers to come back, I think it is going to be the ones that dusted.

People keep missing the fact that Dr. Strange told Tony that, "this was the only way."

Spoiler Alert.........

When Tony was watching Spiderman die. Dr.Strange ran the scenario 15MIL times on how to defeat Thanos. He came up with only one way and I believe that one way was to let Thanos get the Seal Stones (remember Strange said he would not sacrifice his stone for anyone. So why would he give it up to save Tony? Because that it isn't about saving Tony, it's the only way you beat Thanos. Strange knows the only way to beat him is to let him win and that Thanos will see what he did was wrong and reverse the deaths of the Avengers and bring back his daughter.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:09 am 

I enjoyed this movie.

I honestly don't see why Thanos is considered evil. His henchman are evil but he is just implementing a logical but unpopular plan. It's not like he is torturing half the universe. He is just willing them into nonexistence. He is also not enslaving the half that remains. His methods before he had the stones were necessarily bloody but now that he has the power he is wielding it beneficially for the universe.

Some of these actors are really starting to look old. Downey, Cheadle, Ruffalo and a few others really look like it is time to give up the superheroing.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Just watched Thor Ragnarok again and noticed Hella knocking over the gauntlet as she was strolling through the vault. Had no idea what that was the first time I saw it, but now it makes sense and was pretty funny.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:56 am 

Oh, and the funniest part of the move is ironically casting Dinklage as a giant.

I was the only one in the theater howling at that but it really was hilarious. All of his body parts were still out of proportion like a little person which made it even more amusing

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
Oh, and the funniest part of the move is ironically casting Dinklage as a giant.

I was the only one in the theater howling at that but it really was hilarious. All of his body parts were still out of proportion like a little person which made it even more amusing

Yeah, he's just a damned funny guy. His scene in Elf was classic.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Just watched Thor Ragnarok again and noticed Hella knocking over the gauntlet as she was strolling through the vault. Had no idea what that was the first time I saw it, but now it makes sense and was pretty funny.

She said it was fake, and we learn who makes it in Avengers.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:05 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I enjoyed this movie.

I honestly don't see why Thanos is considered evil. His henchman are evil but he is just implementing a logical but unpopular plan. It's not like he is torturing half the universe. He is just willing them into nonexistence. He is also not enslaving the half that remains. His methods before he had the stones were necessarily bloody but now that he has the power he is wielding it beneficially for the universe.

Some of these actors are really starting to look old. Downey, Cheadle, Ruffalo and a few others really look like it is time to give up the superheroing.

Is Thanos considered a god? If so, then I think its furthering the narrative that the gods often times make decisions which we think are maniacal and evil, but in reality are necessary to keep balance. Why did the gods introduce disease to humans? Why did the gods not provide us enough resources to allow population increase? Why did the gods flood our fields? Gods / nature have a purpose but we often see their purpose to be evil when it doesn't go the way we want.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I enjoyed this movie.

Is Thanos considered a god? If so, then I think its furthering the narrative that the gods often times make decisions which we think are maniacal and evil, but in reality are necessary to keep balance. Why did the gods introduce disease to humans? Why did the gods not provide us enough resources to allow population increase? Why did the gods flood our fields? Gods / nature have a purpose but we often see their purpose to be evil when it doesn't go the way we want.

He isn't a god. I'm sure w all the infinity stones he considers himself to be one, but technically he isn't.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:14 am 

Juiced wrote:
IMU wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
read this on line thought about it and sounds about right,it lines up with what we saw in the movie and the comics

Nah, that is the soulworld. Director already confirmed it. So while I fully expect many dead Avengers to come back, I think it is going to be the ones that dusted.

People keep missing the fact that Dr. Strange told Tony that, "this was the only way."

Spoiler Alert.........

When Tony was watching Spiderman die. Dr.Strange ran the scenario 15MIL times on how to defeat Thanos. He came up with only one way and I believe that one way was to let Thanos get the Seal Stones (remember Strange said he would not sacrifice his stone for anyone. So why would he give it up to save Tony? Because that it isn't about saving Tony, it's the only way you beat Thanos. Strange knows the only way to beat him is to let him win and that Thanos will see what he did was wrong and reverse the deaths of the Avengers and bring back his daughter.

With you up until the last sentence. I think it will be more of a conflict than Thanos just giving into his guilt.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:16 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I enjoyed this movie.

He's conveniently part of a race from Titan called Eternals. He's powerful as fuck. Not a god, but after acquiring all the stones there is no one more powerful.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:46 am 

This is either the most brilliant or dumbest thing I've seen on the internet:

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/996198724723527680

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:48 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Juiced wrote:
IMU wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Spoiler Alert.........

With you up until the last sentence. I think it will be more of a conflict than Thanos just giving into his guilt.

Yeah, wouldn't make for a good action movie. Thanos, "Boy, I really should have thought this through before I killed everyone. I have this cool gauntlet and nothing to do but sit my ass on this hard rock and watch the sun rise."

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:29 am 

Juiced wrote:
Thanos, "Boy, I really should have thought this through before I killed everyone. I have this cool gauntlet and nothing to do but sit my ass on this hard rock and watch the sun rise."

And wait a few millennia for the population to grow to the point where it requires another snap of the fingers (though perhaps the gauntlet was damaged after the first snap -- didn't they show it burning?)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:34 am 

Apparently the gauntlet is damaged, but I'm sure one or more of the stones survived and somehow they end up using the time or soul stone to resurrect people.

Or they do the right thing and go the path of the stones having corrupted Thanos, who then decides to finish off the other half of the population.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:41 am 

Apparently the gauntlet is damaged, but I'm sure one or more of the stones survived and somehow they end up using the time or soul stone to resurrect people.

Or they do the right thing and go the path of the stones having corrupted Thanos, who then decides to finish off the other half of the population.

That's what I was thinking -- half the population is a nice round number but maybe he will decide that wasn't enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Saw it super late. So freaking good. Everyone was great but Thanos stood out (also Olsen in booty shorts).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:52 pm 

My only issue is that they didn't use Guardians more throughout.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:18 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
My only issue is that they didn't use Guardians more throughout.

I LOVE the Guardians movies, their tone just didn't fit into the movie imo.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:18 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Absolutely phenomenal movie. Great balance for such a huge cast. Humor and action were top notch. Disney/Marvel actually took some risks here. Loved it.

Just saw the movie and agree with this post. Did not feel like a 2 1/2 movie and the use of music was perfect for each scene. Liked the scene when Cap blocks Thanos' punch and continues to hold the fist while Thanos looks at him like "How the hell are you doing that?". Better movie than Ultron and the majority of the MCU movies.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:36 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
It's the internet. People are going to hate about anything and everything, but yeah I'd prefer another 2.5 hours of my life devoted to the conclusion of this 10 year run.

I heard the next one ends in a massive pie fight.

Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Maria Hill, Captain Marvel, Gamorah. Nice pies.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:33 pm 

Going to pass $2B tonight or early tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:09 pm 

Too soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next