It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
I don't know, maybe I read too much in Lori asking him to 'stay' I've never read any of the comics, so I could be hilariously off base.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I thought that was her just saying it was ok for him to be near her and Carl again.

In the comics Shane is already dead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I thought that was her just saying it was ok for him to be near her and Carl again.

In the comics Shane is already dead.

I agree with the first sentence. She was just saying that it all good brotha.

As for the second sentence, I can't believe you said that, IMU's head is literally going to explode.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:17 pm 

Bah.

It's like a reverse spoiler. We don't know what's gonna happen to Shane on the show because there is no more Shane in the book.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:19 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I didn't think it was brought back up.

Shane is gonna continue to deteriorate and get very dark.

Yeah, that episode was great. And I totally called what would happen at the end of the episode. I even picked the location of where Shane would shoot the guy. My wife thinks I'm fucking Rain Man now.

I know there's been many changes from the book, but these changes have been great. Both versions of the story are good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:26 am 

Agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:02 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I didn't think it was brought back up.

Shane is gonna continue to deteriorate and get very dark.

Yeah, that episode was great. And I totally called what would happen at the end of the episode. I even picked the location of where Shane would shoot the guy. My wife thinks I'm fucking Rain Man now.

I know there's been many changes from the book, but these changes have been great. Both versions of the story are good.

The evil motherfucker didn't even bother to shoot him in the head so that he wouldn't become zombiefied.

I'm having a problem with the direction of the zombie characters. They can't seem to figure out if they want them to be slow foot draggers like in Night of the Living Dead or functional sprinting predators like in 28 Days Later. Instead, they are both, depending on the dramatic need.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:12 am 

good dolphin wrote:
The evil motherfucker didn't even bother to shoot him in the head so that he wouldn't become zombiefied.

I'm having a problem with the direction of the zombie characters. They can't seem to figure out if they want them to be slow foot draggers like in Night of the Living Dead or functional sprinting predators like in 28 Days Later. Instead, they are both, depending on the dramatic need.

You need to start watching the Talking Dead show which airs after the episode every week. They answered both of those questions.

First off, the reason he didn't shoot him in the head is because the zombies are much more likely to attack a living, screaming human than one who is recently dead, thus guaranteeing Shane's safe passage to the car.

As for the zombies themselves, series creator Robert Kirkman stated that depending upon how long someone has been a zombie, they will move faster or slower. A fresher zombie is faster than a more decayed zombie. That said, in the books they don't appear to be moving as fast as they are in the tv show. Personally, I prefer them slower, I think its makes for a better scenario when the threat is more about the sheer numbers and relentlessness of the zombies as opposed to the Carl Lewis factor.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You need to start watching the Talking Dead show which airs after the episode every week. They answered both of those questions.

First off, the reason he didn't shoot him in the head is because the zombies are much more likely to attack a living, screaming human than one who is recently dead, thus guaranteeing Shane's safe passage to the car.

As for the zombies themselves, series creator Robert Kirkman stated that depending upon how long someone has been a zombie, they will move faster or slower. A fresher zombie is faster than a more decayed zombie. That said, in the books they don't appear to be moving as fast as they are in the tv show. Personally, I prefer them slower, I think its makes for a better scenario when the threat is more about the sheer numbers and relentlessness of the zombies as opposed to the Carl Lewis factor.

Can't wait to hear a zombie butcher the national anthem.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:24 am 

shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm lucky to even be able to see the show let alone the ad ons.

Kirkman has little understaning of how a body works. In real life, none of the muscles on a dead person would work due to lack of blood supply/oxygen. So whatever is respirating the muscles of a zombie would undoubtedly work just as well on an old or new zombie. But that just gets back to the point that if they were being respirated there would be no decay. The answer is unsatisfying. Make them fast or make them slow, not both.

I am with you on preferring the slow and for the reasons you cite.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:52 pm 

Definitely digging her...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:45 am 

So is Glenn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Good episode. It appeared that some talk from the spoiler thread may come to fruitiion. The
old man is trying to keep them away from the barn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
What did the spoilers suggest were in the barn?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:30 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
What did the spoilers suggest were in the barn?

I PM'd you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:28 am 

Watched this again last night and there were at least two instances of the owner of the farm making
direct eye contact with his daughter and kind of motioning to her. I also hadn't noticed how the daughter
was so distraught when they pulled the zombie out of the well and ended up having to kill it. This Sunday
should be great.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:44 am 

the biggest revelation was that the sheriff's wife thinks she might be pregnant and clearly doesn't know who is the father

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:52 am 

good dolphin wrote:
the biggest revelation was that the sheriff's wife thinks she might be pregnant and clearly doesn't know who is the father

I've always been under the impression that it isn't her husbands.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:17 pm 

Pretty sure it's Shane's.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:19 pm 

Do they actually settle in the comic book who the baby belongs to? I can't remember.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:01 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Definitely digging her...

a lot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:03 pm 

Have they ever explained why this farm seems so comparatively secure? Sure it is a rural area, but they are 1 mile from a town and a pack of zombies was walking down the nearby highway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Have they ever explained why this farm seems so comparatively secure? Sure it is a rural area, but they are 1 mile from a town and a pack of zombies was walking down the nearby highway.

I got the impression that the farm just hasn't been "found" yet by the hoard. But they presumably changes next week when a walker is spotted.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:14 pm 

Wish these damn zombies would leave the humans alone. They're just trying to live their lives.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:51 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I got the impression that the farm just hasn't been "found" yet by the hoard. But they presumably changes next week when a walker is spotted.

but that may be from the alluded to barn inhabitants, just as I suspect the guy in the well was one

I would think that the primary concern of the farmers, once normalcy had been established, would be defense, including a perimeter with warnings. The whole farm seems too convenient.

Also, Herschel is the big pink bear in the latest toy story

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
but that may be from the alluded to barn inhabitants, just as I suspect the guy in the well was one

I would think that the primary concern of the farmers, once normalcy had been established, would be defense, including a perimeter with warnings. The whole farm seems too convenient.

Also, Herschel is the big pink bear in the latest toy story

You could be correct, certainly. Although the old man farmer certainly has an odd quality about him that I don't think has been fully expressed as of yet in the story. He seems to like things simple and left "in the hands of God", which might explain the lack of perimeter warnings and whatnot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:26 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Do they actually settle in the comic book who the baby belongs to? I can't remember.

Yes they do. I won't spoil it here, but if you want we can talk about it in the spoiler thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:31 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

No, the zombie in the well was not from the barn, neither is the zombie who will show up next week. The zombies in the barn are secured in the barn (for now?). But, they do get the occassional walker who stumbles upon the farm which is what I'm sure we'll see next week. And that is when we'll also find out about the barn since the discovery of the walker will force Herschel to show his hand regarding the barn and how he treats zombies in general.

As others have alluded to, there have been many clues about the barn and how herschel treats zombies in the past few episodes. It will all come out next week and its gonna be awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

If I had to guess, Herschel doesn't kill walkers and keeps them locked away. This probably explains why the farmer's daughter got sick to her stomach when they killed the zombie from the well; she just hadn't seen it before.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:03 pm 

He pretty clearly explained a couple of weeks ago that he views this as another sickness. If you have that viewpoint, I guess I can understand keeping them alive in the hopes of a cure. But what does he feed them?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 85  Next