It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 157  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Davos continues to be one of the best characters on this show.

Missandei: You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons

Davos: This is Jon Snow

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:40 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Bran just seems like he's fucked up on ketamine all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Horrible show. Like better things.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:47 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
Horrible show. Like better things.

Terrible opinion. This is one of those things that's really popular that it's ok to admit is also good

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
FavreFan wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I thought that episode was tremendous.

Best one of the year. A lot of Tyrion will do that.

They're doing a great job of not having this war be as one-sided at it seemed it would.

Tyrion was great. Arya not being in the episode brought it down a notch for me.

I don't like that Jon Snow gave up his weapons for the meeting. I know he's kind of an idiot but I don't think he would do that and I definitely don't think Ser Davos would let him that easily.

Why? If they wanted him dead they could have very easily killed both.. A sword or 2 isn't going to change anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:14 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
This show is getting kind of predictable, they could save it by killing Sansa and Dany and Theon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I don't think it's predictable. 2 episodes ago it looked like a foregone conclusion that Dany would simply roll over everyone on her way to Kings Landing. Now she's lost her 2 most powerful allies in Westeros and the the Unsullied, as well as what little ships she had.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:24 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Great episode.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:30 am 

there was no way the "best laid plans" were going to just work out. and it just makes it better that she comes in with a big head and now has been a bit humbled.

i like the wedge euron throws into the lannisters. jaime can only stand by and get angry and butthurt, but euron's the most powerful ally they have right now. and he knows it.

i think arya comes back soon. they needed to spend a lot of time with tyrion/snow/dany.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:37 am 

312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

They're doing a great job of not having this war be as one-sided at it seemed it would.

Tyrion was great. Arya not being in the episode brought it down a notch for me.

I don't like that Jon Snow gave up his weapons for the meeting. I know he's kind of an idiot but I don't think he would do that and I definitely don't think Ser Davos would let him that easily.

Why? If they wanted him dead they could have very easily killed both.. A sword or 2 isn't going to change anything.

He's a warrior and a king. Circumstances don't really matter, he wouldn't/shouldn't ever give up his sword. At that point you may as we bend the knee.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:15 am 

Agree on all counts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
This episode made up for the first two being good but not great. This was fantastic from beginning to end. Even the normally lame Sam scene was pretty solid. To touch on Doc's point w/r/t Bran... I think that was supposed to set up that he isn't quite human anymore. He's forgetting how to interact with normal mortals.

Not to be too nitpicky but I don't like how quickly all these people take over castles. Castles are supposed to be difficult to take even with overwhelming odds. The unsullied pretty much marched right in. The Lannisters rolled over the Tyrells (which was given a reason that they didn't really have an army, fucking ridiculous because they are the Wardens of the South). Dany didn't even have to do anything at all, the fucking gates were unlocked :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
This episode made up for the first two being good but not great. This was fantastic from beginning to end. Even the normally lame Sam scene was pretty solid. To touch on Doc's point w/r/t Bran... I think that was supposed to set up that he isn't quite human anymore. He's forgetting how to interact with normal mortals.

Not to be too nitpicky but I don't like how quickly all these people take over castles. Castles are supposed to be difficult to take even with overwhelming odds. The unsullied pretty much marched right in. The Lannisters rolled over the Tyrells (which was given a reason that they didn't really have an army, fucking ridiculous because they are the Wardens of the South). Dany didn't even have to do anything at all, the fucking gates were unlocked :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:48 am 

I thought Bran bringing up the rape night was his way of saying, I see everything and its not necessarily a blessing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:55 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I thought Bran bringing up the rape night was his way of saying, I see everything and its not necessarily a blessing

Then he could have used some other examples. I think he's just lost what it means to be a human.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:00 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Then he could have used some other examples. I think he's just lost what it means to be a human.

But isnt the "you looked beautful" sentiment very human in and of itself?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:
This episode made up for the first two being good but not great. This was fantastic from beginning to end.

Yup.

Anyone have any insight on the scene with Varys and Melisandre?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:04 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

But isnt the "you looked beautful" sentiment very human in and of itself?

Damn. You're making me re-think this now :lol:

I'll likely watch the episode again sometime this week and reevaluate. My first reaction was that he was distracted and disconnected from everyone else like a robot. If you noticed when Sansa rushed over to hug him initially, he didn't smile, didn't hug her back. He just said "Hello Sansa"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:06 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
This episode made up for the first two being good but not great. This was fantastic from beginning to end.

Yup.

No idea what the endgame is for either of those two. I think that might just have been Varys' way of saying GTFO before you piss off Dany and end up being dragon food. Melisandre has a bad track record when it comes to being an adviser.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Yup.

No idea what the endgame is for either of those two. I think that might just have been Varys' way of saying GTFO before you piss off Dany and end up being dragon food. Melisandre has a bad track record when it comes to being an adviser.

Something tells me, he might be as old as she is. She made a comment about coming back to westeros to die, and that he would too. Something like that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:05 am 

it definitely looks like bran is numb to human emotion. the "beautiful" comment was delivered as hollow and icy as ever.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:20 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
W_Z wrote:
it definitely looks like bran is numb to human emotion. the "beautiful" comment was delivered as hollow and icy as ever.

We also have to remember that the kid has been a pretty terrible actor his whole life so maybe they are just writing to his strengths.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
W_Z wrote:

We also have to remember that the kid has been a pretty terrible actor his whole life so maybe they are just writing to his strengths.

I thought that they recast him a couple seasons ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:01 am 

W_Z wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Should we try to recast this kid?? He's killing us in scene after scene!

Nah...let's drop him from a season altogether and just turn his character into an emotionless robot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:52 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I thought it was a nice touch that after Euron rubs it in Jaime's face, it looks pretty clear that Cersei sticks a finger up Jaime's ass while she's blowing him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:57 pm 

W_Z wrote:

That's probably my biggest issue with GoT going forward. I understand Bran will be important going forward but between the actor and the writing of the character, he's among the weakest parts of a good show that I can remember. It's very hard for me not to just fast forward through all his scenes. They are all awful.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
FavreFan wrote:

Missandei: You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons

I haven't seen a single episode but I just read a column by Michael Harriot suggesting that Daenerys is supposed to be Hillary Clinton. Is that true?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:45 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I haven't seen a single episode but I just read a column by Michael Harriot suggesting that Daenerys is supposed to be Hillary Clinton. Is that true?

No, that's Claire Underwood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

What?! No, not at all. She's an attractive 20 something that rides around on a dragon. And as disastrous as her initial foray into Westerosi politics has been, she's still got a much better future than Clinton. That includes the fact that an army of snow zombies are coming to kill everyone too. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

What?! No, not at all. She's an attractive 20 something that rides around on a dragon. And as disastrous as her initial foray into Westerosi politics has been, she's still got a much better future than Clinton. That includes the fact that an army of snow zombies are coming to kill everyone too. :lol: :lol:

I think I need some perspective from a black viewer. Do any CFMB brothers watch this thing? Nas? Reader? spmack?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 157  Next