It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good dolphin wrote:
Herschel and Rick are essentially the same type of person. They are attempting to restore order to chaos. Shane on the other hand sees chaos as order.

rick is just trying to appease that dummy herschel..he wants to have his child born with a vet/doctor on hand...and he is tired of the road and is getting lazy..shane knows they can upgrade their residence and don't need herschel questionable decision making around.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:42 am 

No, shane is just a low thinking person who takes by force. Those types can take command for a while but are eventually overthrown by the majority while being given a stick up the ass.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
To further extrapolate on the "individual protagonist" idea, Shane is essentially the "id" to Rick's "superego" at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Returns tonight!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Returns tonight!

I'm hopping this season doesn't bore me to death.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:29 pm 

Getting tired of Rick.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:58 pm 

And just like that I like Rick again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:42 am 

Great episode.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:50 am 
1000 CLUB

It was an interesting episode. At times I thought it was just dragging, but then the final scene in the bar happened and "WOAH".

Rick definitely needed to reaffirm his stance as the leader of that group away from Shane. As crazy as Shane was/is, he was the one who made the crucial decisions when it mattered. Clearing the farm of the walkers was the right thing to do, and Rick obviously realized it.

I wouldn't be surprised if old man Herschel toughens up a bit after last night's episode, either.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:52 am 

Being on the Farm was ok for last night, but they have to move now.

Shootout at the saloon next week.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:54 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if old man Herschel toughens up a bit after last night's episode, either.

I'm thinking Herschel is going to bite the dust soon, and this other group raids the farm, which causes the rest of the group to move on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:00 am 
1000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:

I'm thinking Herschel is going to bite the dust soon, and this other group raids the farm, which causes the rest of the group to move on.

Probably dead-on with that. Rick's posse gets new members to cover those they lost, and the story keeps moving right along.

My question is if they'll make their way to Fort Bragg despite what the two vagrants told Rick in the bar?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:05 am 

Probably not.

Got a feeling that after the shootout, Glenn gets shot in the eye by a dying man.

Oh wait, this isn't a Stephen King book.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:10 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Great episode.

Any episode which ends with the group still being on the farm cannot be a great episode.

It was a good episode.

agreed..the farm has been stale and played out for over a month..but rick made up for it in the last 90 seconds

i am pulling for ricks old lady to die in that car wreck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:12 am 

312player wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Great episode.

Any episode which ends with the group still being on the farm cannot be a great episode.

It was a good episode.

i am pulling for ricks old lady to die in that car wreck

No way. Worst...death... ever... if they do that. Maybe she gets kidnapped by this other group, or something. But there's no way they kill off a main character without even showing what happens to her.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:18 am 

as long as she is killed off i am cool with however it goes down..she is the most annoying in the group and does not really do much to earn her keep...hershels farm is nothing special..there have to be couple dozen farms in that area almost identical to his...any group that makes a move on rick/shane will lose both are sharp shooters with enough guns/ammo and now the blonde is a decent shot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:32 am 
1000 CLUB

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I feel like Daryl's character is underutilized and I like how he seems to be a cross between Shane's survivalis character and Rick's character with a conscious. I hope they have things in store for him in Season 3. I feel like the actress playing Andrea was miscast. She can't help but come off as annoying even though I'm assuming her "transformation" is more or less complete ad she's supposed to be a badass now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:59 am 

i see him banging the the woman with the buzz who lost her daughter...any chance merle reappears?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
312player wrote:
i see him banging the the woman with the buzz who lost her daughter...any chance merle reappears?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:55 am 

312player wrote:

I assumed they would kill her off. Now that we know what happened to Sophia I can't think of a reason to include her in the plot going forward. She's kinda useless.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah, the grieving mother is probably a goner. The only way I see her sticking around is if she does start a love interest with Daryl, as referenced above.

I slightly disagree about Daryl's character being underutilized at this point, though. Yes, he didn't play much of a role in this new episode, but up until then he was essentially leading the search for the missing girl, which was the major conflict for about a month. He's already well-established as a badass and asset to the group, but I imagine he'll disavow here pretty shortly in an attempt to find his brother.

I still can't stand Andrea's character.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Douchebag wrote:

Don't think so. Saw a season preview on AMC last night and in one scene you could see a couple dozen zombies breaking through the fence at the farm. My guess is that's what causes them to leave the farm.

I think we saw a hint of that last night when the wife mentioned how all that gunfire could draw walkers to the farm.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:30 pm 

shakes wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Don't think so. Saw a season preview on AMC last night and in one scene you could see a couple dozen zombies breaking through the fence at the farm. My guess is that's what causes them to leave the farm.

I think we saw a hint of that last night when the wife mentioned how all that gunfire could draw walkers to the farm.

Good call. Forgot about that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:38 pm 

Ricks wife and Andrea need to die, so can the mom who had her daughter turn into a zombie.

Why the fuck would Ricks wife just leave the farm alone, without any clue about how to get to town? She just scolded Rick for "heading out" when his son and the group needs him....so she just doesn't say anything and leaves? HUH?!

Loved that sequence with the fat guy/dude who played the Vampire-fuckers in True Blood trying to weasel in on the farm or just gain the recon necessary to take it by force. Great scene, great tension, great ending.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

SomeGuy wrote:
Why the fuck would Ricks wife just leave the farm alone, without any clue about how to get to town? She just scolded Rick for "heading out" when his son and the group needs him....so she just doesn't say anything and leaves? HUH?!

I was pretty confused about it as well. Only thing I can think of is that the writers needed the car accident to squash the pregancy thing (assuming she loses the baby) since everyone basically knew that angle really meant nothing to the continuation of the story. It also probably means she's going to die by the end of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:29 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:

I was pretty confused about it as well. Only thing I can think of is that the writers needed the car accident to squash the pregancy thing (assuming she loses the baby) since everyone basically knew that angle really meant nothing to the continuation of the story. It also probably means she's going to die by the end of the season.

Good. She sucks. In fact, all the women in this show suck accept for the one that Glenn is doinking.

Whiney, catty, bitchey and totally annoying. I want all of them to be eaten or killed by roving bands of brigands.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Good call. Forgot about that.

How good is a zombie's sense of hearing? I understand they can hear the gunfire, but they can follow it for days and days after it ceases. Color me skeptical. Or spectacle, if you're Tonya Harding.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:33 pm 

Yeah, the grieving mother is probably a goner. The only way I see her sticking around is if she does start a love interest with Daryl, as referenced above.

I slightly disagree about Daryl's character being underutilized at this point, though. Yes, he didn't play much of a role in this new episode, but up until then he was essentially leading the search for the missing girl, which was the major conflict for about a month. He's already well-established as a badass and asset to the group, but I imagine he'll disavow here pretty shortly in an attempt to find his brother.

I still can't stand Andrea's character.

I guess I didn't word my thoughts on Daryl correctly. He's basically just a worker bee but given that he's shown to have some of the best of both Shane and Rick's attributes I think it would be natural for him to take a more prominent role of leadership when it comes to the decision making for the group.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 85  Next