It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Tad Queasy wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
K Effective wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Verizon's holiday-themed ads with Kate McKinnon are horribly-ADRed hodge-podges of repurposed footage from old spots and new stuff shot with cheap extras sans-McKinnon. I wonder why they even bothered at all if they couldn't get her back on set. They even had to take the closing shot of the original spot where she's walking towards the back of the line past a group of people with broken phones, digitally remove the people in line, and poorly render a picket fence for her to walk by for some reason.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qMVb/verizon-bl ... e-mckinnon

Her movements seem awkward, walking like she's stomping on bugs, turning around to walk backwards for no reason, and the half-turn/finger point/lip bite at the end is weird. Of course, it's run twice every break regardless of channel.

Good Christ is she awful. That commercial has been on all weekend with all the football on and it is painful to watch. I would rather watch the hungry root ad on repeat for an hour than see kate do her finger pointing bullshit in her powersuit.

Came to the thread to patriot about her Verizon commercials. It is reassuring to know I am not the only one who dislikes them and her. She is just as awful in these commercials as she is on SNL.

+1 to all of you. Her movement is completely off putting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
K Effective wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Verizon's holiday-themed ads with Kate McKinnon are horribly-ADRed hodge-podges of repurposed footage from old spots and new stuff shot with cheap extras sans-McKinnon. I wonder why they even bothered at all if they couldn't get her back on set. They even had to take the closing shot of the original spot where she's walking towards the back of the line past a group of people with broken phones, digitally remove the people in line, and poorly render a picket fence for her to walk by for some reason.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qMVb/verizon-bl ... e-mckinnon

Her movements seem awkward, walking like she's stomping on bugs, turning around to walk backwards for no reason, and the half-turn/finger point/lip bite at the end is weird. Of course, it's run twice every break regardless of channel.

Good Christ is she awful. That commercial has been on all weekend with all the football on and it is painful to watch. I would rather watch the hungry root ad on repeat for an hour than see kate do her finger pointing bullshit in her powersuit.

Came to the thread to patriot about her Verizon commercials. It is reassuring to know I am not the only one who dislikes them and her. She is just as awful in these commercials as she is on SNL.

+1 to all of you. Her movement is completely off putting.

She has the appearance of a person walking on an ice rink with no skates.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Just saw one where a very dumb hamster thought he could make friends with a cat by giving him a scratch off card.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nardi wrote:
Just saw one where a very dumb hamster thought he could make friends with a cat by giving him a scratch off card.

Nobody is really friends with a cat.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:50 pm 

doesn't make me want to kill but the NFL commercial supporting the movement to help get overincarcerated released features an old woman sitting on a Huey Newton throne who says "if you look like me you are likely to be overpoliced, overincarcerated..." Unless I'm assuming gender, honey, that ain't true. Were all the black male actors and activists unavailable that day? Talk about appropriation.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:00 pm 

The multiple versions of U of C hospitals where Dr. Mohammet, Jugdish and Sydney and Clayton strike a an arm's crossed pose with a defiant face because cancer, these guys are tough.

Would anyone even want that ridiculous temperment in a doctor if it remotely reflected reality.

I don't need the avengers. Show me the doctor who hasn't seen the sun because he has been studying and perfecting his work for 20 years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
"Live your bet life."

WTF does that even mean? And then they ironically end the ad with the gambling addiction hotline.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:10 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It's a play on "live your best life," and the gambling-addiction disclaimer is mandatory, like the warning on cigarettes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:54 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
good dolphin wrote:
doesn't make me want to kill but the NFL commercial supporting the movement to help get overincarcerated released features an old woman sitting on a Huey Newton throne who says "if you look like me you are likely to be overpoliced, overincarcerated..." Unless I'm assuming gender, honey, that ain't true. Were all the black male actors and activists unavailable that day? Talk about appropriation.

Then GTFO of this section!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:57 am 

There's a car dealership in IN that has ads every break on the South Bend channels, Grote Automotive. Dipshit thinks the "scream at them wearing stupid costumes" makes people buy cars from him. I wouldn't go there if he was giving me a free car. I hope he gets pinned under a Canyonero!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:58 am 

I hope the gaming Caesar meets the same fate as the real one, and soon! (But it was cool to have Cupper in the Manning one)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:55 am 

There are now at least five different tax relief/settlement companies advertising on the Score. This morning one of them said they reduced someone's owed back taxes from $220,000 to a settlement of $1,500. Fuck these companies and fuck their customers who are basically tax deadbeats.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:37 am 

K Effective wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Then GTFO of this section!

It actually does but I didn't want to appear racist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:40 am 

I really despise that little girl on the AT and T commercial who doesn't think its fair she didn't get the big lollipop. She exudes overracting at such an early age that I know she will be a horrible person in a decade.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:49 pm 

Matt Damon deserves to be a janitor at Harvard for comparing investing in crypto to major historical explorations of the past

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:45 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I really despise that little girl on the AT and T commercial who doesn't think its fair she didn't get the big lollipop. She exudes overracting at such an early age that I know she will be a horrible person in a decade.

Between this one and the Duracell commercial with the brat talking about how it matters, I'm almost ready to pull an Elvis.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Between this one and the Duracell commercial with the brat talking about how it matters, I'm almost ready to pull an Elvis.

That Elvis one will shoot right over a lot of guys younger than us. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:55 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
pittmike wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That's a waste of good ammo.
I believe the offender, in this case, was Robert Goulet?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:04 pm 

Darkside wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That's a waste of good ammo.
I believe the offender, in this case, was Robert Goulet?

I believe so. Understandable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:34 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
It was definitely Robert Goulet.

Quick! Staring contest. You and me now!

You win. You always do. That's why I come up here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:41 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

these kid actors they're plucking from these lil' tyke academies are really obscene. i blame the parents. whatever happened to "scout" anyway? did she ever figure out what a computer is?

i find it's more the amount of times i see these commercials is more agitating than the ad itself. even tv commercial breaks feel like 5-minute versions of hulu/peacock/youtube (any streaming service with ads) ad cycles.

i think we saw the same mucinex and aspercreme ads 12 times in exactly 12 commercial breaks in one afternoon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:56 am 

If you are a regular at Applebee's you need to rethink your life choices which actually makes it an accurate song choice to take the theme song from a show built around people with major life problems drinking themselves to death among all economic strata to the point that the only one to successfully break the habit had to move to the other side of the country.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:15 am 

Brick wrote:
If you are a regular at Applebee's you need to rethink your life choices which actually makes it an accurate song choice to take the theme song from a show built around people with major life problems drinking themselves to death among all economic strata to the point that the only one to successfully break the habit had to move to the other side of the country.

until that episode "Sam Enforces Vax Card Mandates". the show really took a turn after that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:59 am 

Brick wrote:

I don't eat there, but I hate that they are using an all-time great theme song for their commercials.

When I think of Applebee's, it's this scene from Talladega Nights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A27nH_TtN3k

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:02 am 

W_Z wrote:
Brick wrote:

until that episode "Sam Enforces Vax Card Mandates". the show really took a turn after that.

Ironically, Frasier Crane turned into an anti-vaxxer after listening to the Joe Rogan podcast.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:35 am 

Rebecca Howell becoming Reginald was also unexpected. But we all knew Norm was going to die of COVID, but Cliff from the vaccine? That was dark.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:16 am 

“Exergen agrees with the FDA that non-contact thermometers are inaccurate and their claims misleading.”

Part of it might be the person’s voice, but it comes across as whiny. Just say “the FDA has determined…”, not “we agree.” Of course you agree.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:10 pm 

I find the woman who plays the accountant on the recent TurboTax commercials difficult to look at. The hair and clothes are not very flattering and her movements are forced. I can't quite describe why I find her so disturbing. Her look just makes me unhappy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:20 pm 

Claritin’s new ads for spring are using “it’s the most wonderful time of the year” as their jingle.

Urge to kill. RISING.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next