It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Disney
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Spaulding wrote:
They did weird shit with the princesses too.

They’re trying to do the girl-boss schtick but they’ve yet to feature a tranny, which is about all you can hope for.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
I don't understand why they don't hire experienced writers and directors. Ant Man 3 was a 300 million project (200 production plus 100 marketing) and they hired a writer who's main credit is 3 years on Jimmy Kimmel and a director who's main credit is Bring It On a cheerleader movie from early 2000s. As expected they screwed it up so they had to spend 50 million more in re-shoots to try and cobble together something approaching a movie. What's even more confusing is the Jimmy Kimmel writer is now writing the next Avengers movie. He did such a great job with Ant Man they gave him a promotion.

The studio only keeps 50% of the gross in the US, 40% in Europe, and 25% in China. They needed to make close to 700 million on Ant Man 3 and its sitting at 450 right now. Last week their UK division reported a loss of 300 million for 2022. They're bleeding out.

They're saying the Indiana Jones movie will be most expensive movie ever made after all the re-shoots they're having to do. They thought people wanted to see a movie where Indy plays sidekick to his English hag companion named Fleabottom. They were surprised at the negative reaction in test screenings. Nobody knows what they're doing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:11 pm 

If the writer has a degree and willing to work for $14/hr, they are hired.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:39 am 
1000 CLUB

This seems like a mistake. Do Star Wars fans want to see more of big head? I thought people didn't like her.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
MongoMuller wrote:
This seems like a mistake. Do Star Wars fans want to see more of big head? I thought people didn't like her.

it's pathetic is what it is. Her entire library of 3 movies should be wiped from existence.

Disgusting that this exists while Ezra Bridger sits there unused.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: John's
That's not a Transgender Woman, cancelled.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

shakes wrote:
it's pathetic is what it is. Her entire library of 3 movies should be wiped from existence.

I didn't see them. From what I understand 7,8,9 forced people to re-evaluate 1,2,3 and those are considered much better now. :lol:

The only Star Wars I watched after 1-6 was Mandalorian which I liked.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Sounds like the same reason they brought Hayden Christiansen back, because they felt they did him dirty. Just like Hayden, her career hasn’t really gone anywhere since Star Wars. Too bad the Obi-Wan show was worse than the prequel trilogy, so I hope it works out better for her:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:59 pm 

I think she was fine. Her job was to be the girl who really wasn't all that interesting and didn't really do much but everyone thought was amazing.

A lot of the other characters were much worse and I liked the first and last movie.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:18 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
shakes wrote:

I didn't see them. From what I understand 7,8,9 forced people to re-evaluate 1,2,3 and those are considered much better now. :lol:

The only Star Wars I watched after 1-6 was Mandalorian which I liked.

Anyone who thinks the prequels are better than anything are fucking dumb. 8 was definitely the lamest, 9 tried to retcon and right the ship but still came off lightweight.

The prequels are absolute garbage. Part 3 has maybe 15 total decent minutes in it. That’s the highest praise I can give.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
episode 1 is the best one

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:23 pm 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

Kill yourself

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:24 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

Kill yourself

No.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:25 pm 

It's pretty easy.
Is Jar Jar Binks featured heavily in the movie? Bad.
Is Rose featured heavily in the movie? Bad.
Is actual Darth Vader featured heavily in the movie? Great.
Everything else is average.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:10 am 
1000 CLUB

Rough week for Disney. Indiana Jones and Marvels trailers came out and they were brutal. The Marvels trailer and clips from that Star Wars convention are getting ratio'd. Super Mario Bros. is headed for a billion dollars while last 2 Disney animated movies lost hundreds of millions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Rogue One was the only Star Wars movie of recent vintage that even compares slightly to the spirit of the original trilogy of movies. I am a Star Wars fan and just can't handle any more of these new series or talk of future films, enough already.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:56 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
Rough week for Disney. Indiana Jones and Marvels trailers came out and they were brutal. The Marvels trailer and clips from that Star Wars convention are getting ratio'd. Super Mario Bros. is headed for a billion dollars while last 2 Disney animated movies lost hundreds of millions.

i thought the indy trailer looked good. should be fun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:22 am 
1000 CLUB

i thought the indy trailer looked good. should be fun

At least that one didn't have a guy in it that sent dick pics to a 14 year old like The Marvels trailer. I will be shocked if Fleabag doesn't ruin that movie. It looks like its set in the 60s and there might be some kind of time travel element. They should of had a cranky Indiana Jones and John Reis-Davies beat the piss out of some hippies but it looks like its Nazis again. Dial of Destiny lol.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:52 am 
1000 CLUB

The new Star Wars movie seems pretty important considering the state of the franchise. Why don't they ever hire a proper director? It seems like hiring a woman from Pakistan is more important than hiring someone who can actually direct a major project. It will be a half-billion dollar project and they gave it to someone who did 2 short documentaries about women being oppressed in Pakistan and an episode of Ms. Marvel which was a flop on Disney+. I just don't understand what they're doing here as a company.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:32 am 

thats pretty on brand for disney

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:52 am 

They hired “proper” white dude directors for the sequel trilogy and it still sucked. They hired Lord and Miller for Solo and fired them for Ron Howard and it still sucked. They hired Gareth Edwards for Rogue One and it was…good. Disney’s just pretty bad hiring directors, perceived SJW motivations or not.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:55 am 
1000 CLUB

I didn't watch them but wasn't main issue the writing? It seemed the main issue was not having the entire trilogy mapped out before they started shooting. From clips I've seen the movies were actually shot well except for maybe Solo which was shot dark to hide some of the vfx. It would be unfortunate if they did somehow manage to write a good script and handed it off to someone who can't shoot action.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:01 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
I didn't watch them but wasn't main issue the writing? It seemed the main issue was not having the entire trilogy mapped out before they started shooting.

Writing being the problem throughout Hollywood for the last twenty years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
KDdidit wrote:
They hired “proper” white dude directors for the sequel trilogy and it still sucked. They hired Lord and Miller for Solo and fired them for Ron Howard and it still sucked. They hired Gareth Edwards for Rogue One and it was…good. Disney’s just pretty bad hiring directors, perceived SJW motivations or not.

I re-watched Solo over the holidays and I still find that one underrated and pretty good overall. I am admittedly a Han and Chewie guy though, so I wanted to like it going in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
thats pretty on brand for disney

Captain Ron wins again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:05 pm 

I think if Disney left Lord and Miller on Solo it would have been better, there’s the foundation of a pretty good movie there. It ended up enjoyable but forgettable. The writing of the sequel trilogy wasn’t great but that was on the directors. JJ did 7 which was fine, Rian took 8 in a different direction than JJ so the script changed, and then JJ took back 9 and the script got changed to correct what he didn’t like that Rian did.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:00 am 
1000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
They hired Gareth Edwards for Rogue One and it was…good.

He did a good job on Godzilla. The script was garbage in a lot of places but he still did some interesting things with it.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:41 am 
1000 CLUB

What did they expect he got them in this mess in the first place. That was a brutal earnings call last night. Streaming and bad content is killing this company.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:32 am 
1000 CLUB

In a controlled environment with sympathetic critics they still gave it 43% on Rotten Tomatoes. Its interesting Variety singled out Fleabag. She must be really bad for them to do that. This is going to be a disaster. They're saying its the most expensive movie ever made 300 million production not counting re-shoots which were extensive plus marketing. This needs to make a billion to break even and word of mouth is going to be horrible with Fleabag in the lead role wearing Indy's ass out the whole movie.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
It's Desantis' fault.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next