It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:16 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Superman would destroy Batman in .00005 seconds.
If you go down this road the whole Superman series is garbage. He'd be unstoppable and could do whatever he want against every human on earth. He's like a fictitious version of Lebron James.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I'm not here to judge, just speaking the truth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
He's like a fictitious version of Lebron James.

With Kryptonite instead of the fourth quarter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:23 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:56 pm 

Not just Kryptonite, his true weakness is caring about people (although from what I heard about Man of Steel, that is no longer a problem.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:01 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Damn. :lol: :cry: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
It'll be better than the critics are giving it credit for.

A lot of it though, IDK. There's that guy who's playing Aquaman & it's like wtf did they do to Aquaman? I noticed the comics changed the character, too. I'm OK w/ Wonder Woman, I turned around on Batfleck.

They won't catch up to Marvel, not by a mile. Even Fox, which bastardizes everything, made the Deadpool movie right, so they're already ahead of DCEU. I'm going to guess that the solo movies will be better than the team up movies, just as it's w/ Marvel. The Avenger movies were good, but all their solo films were a lot better (counting Guardians as a "solo" movie). I think the same will go for DC.

& DC TV stuff is kind of overrated. Gotham is great, Flash is good. Haven't seen Supergirl or Arrow. Legends was eh, I stopped watching after the first episode. Marvel on the other hand has their Netflix shows (which I haven't seen but everyone else loves), AoS is kicking ass, and Agent Carter is the most well made of any of these shows. I have high hopes for Marvel's Most Wanted. Marvel seems to try to stay truer to their universe w/ their shows, while DC shows tend to cater to teenyboppers/soap fans.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:34 pm 

DC TV stuff > Marvel TV stuff

Flash is terrific. Arrow and Supergirl are good. Legends is okay. I hate Gotham.

I do not like Agents of Shield or Agent Carter, though I haven't caught the most recent seasons of either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Flash is terrific. Arrow and Supergirl are good. Legends is okay. I hate Gotham.

I do not like Agents of Shield or Agent Carter, though I haven't caught the most recent seasons of either.

Sure DC TV is better, if you leave out the Marvel Netflix shows.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:56 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Sure DC TV is better, if you leave out the Marvel Netflix shows.

Yeah those are a class unto themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I used to be a comic guy when younger. Mostly Marvel even though Batman is my guy. At this point there are so many versions, branch offs and collective movies I am worn out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:27 pm 

pittmike wrote:
I used to be a comic guy when younger. Mostly Marvel even though Batman is my guy. At this point there are so many versions, branch offs and collective movies I am worn out.

Who do you think is the best Clooney or Affleck?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I haven't seen Affleck yet. Cooney was ok.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:35 pm 

pittmike wrote:
I haven't seen Affleck yet. Cooney was ok.

I prefer Will Arnett

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Awesome.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

That's why it's so idiotic. But I'm sure fuckin' one percent Bruce Wayne has probably cornered the market on Earth's supply of Kryptonite just to make shit interesting.

Batman: If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person... and deep down, I'm not.

Superman stories tend to at some point be about him not doing whatever he wants even though he can. It's not overcoming an adversary; it's overcoming oneself and their base desires and whatnot to help everyone else except himself.

I'm not suggesting it's terribly compelling; it is, though, different from most characters.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I'm going in with low expectations and hoping I am pleasantly surprised.

You sure you're not a Cubs fan?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:04 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

That's why it's so idiotic. But I'm sure fuckin' one percent Bruce Wayne has probably cornered the market on Earth's supply of Kryptonite just to make shit interesting.

Batman: If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person... and deep down, I'm not.

Superman stories tend to at some point be about him not doing whatever he wants even though he can. It's not overcoming an adversary; it's overcoming oneself and their base desires and whatnot to help everyone else except himself.

I'm not suggesting it's terribly compelling; it is, though, different from most characters.

I remember in 2 when that loser got his ass kicked in the diner by that SCORE caller. Gave up his powers for a marginally attractive (at best) woman.

So his third weakness is assertive women and probably some light bondage.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I remember in 2 when that loser got his ass kicked in the diner by that SCORE caller. Gave up his powers for a marginally attractive (at best) woman.

So his third weakness is assertive women and probably some light bondage.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Fun Fact: One of Wonder Woman's actual weaknesses IS bondage. Kind of ironic for a chick who uses a lasso as her main weapon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:36 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I'm going in with low expectations and hoping I am pleasantly surprised.

You sure you're not a Cubs fan?

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:36 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
G.O.P. wrote:
Superman will always be my favorite superhero.

Are you serious???? He's a ridiculously dumb superhero unless you buy into the Rich Cohen hypothesis that he represents Ashkenazi Jews in America. “Superman is a writer; Superman is brainy in his glasses; Superman is in exile from an ancient nation destroyed by fire; Superman has two names, a fake WASP-y name (Clark Kent) and a secret name in an ancient tongue, Kal-El; . . . Superman, whose cape is a tallis; Superman, whose logo, the “S” emblazoned on his chest, marks him as a freakish stranger as the yellow Star of David marks the ghetto Jew.” If you accept that, then he's kinda cool. Otherwise, he's too fucking powerful. So powerful the ultra dumb conceit of Kryptonite had to be created so he could actually face danger. I never understood why a piece of the planet he came from would weaken him. Idiotic.

kryptonite is equivalent to radioactive material here. it affects everyone on krypton, not just superman.

if i recall, in "man of steel", kryptonite is harmless on planet krypton; but on planet earth it becomes toxic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
He is also has a huge weakness to magic. WW sword goes right through him. It is the other reason he gives SHAZAM a wide berth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:55 pm 
Site Admin

W_Z wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
G.O.P. wrote:

Are you serious???? He's a ridiculously dumb superhero unless you buy into the Rich Cohen hypothesis that he represents Ashkenazi Jews in America. “Superman is a writer; Superman is brainy in his glasses; Superman is in exile from an ancient nation destroyed by fire; Superman has two names, a fake WASP-y name (Clark Kent) and a secret name in an ancient tongue, Kal-El; . . . Superman, whose cape is a tallis; Superman, whose logo, the “S” emblazoned on his chest, marks him as a freakish stranger as the yellow Star of David marks the ghetto Jew.” If you accept that, then he's kinda cool. Otherwise, he's too fucking powerful. So powerful the ultra dumb conceit of Kryptonite had to be created so he could actually face danger. I never understood why a piece of the planet he came from would weaken him. Idiotic.

kryptonite is equivalent to radioactive material here. it affects everyone on krypton, not just superman.

if i recall, in "man of steel", kryptonite is harmless on planet krypton; but on planet earth it becomes toxic.

I understand what Kryptonite is, sir. There are various colors of Kryptonite, from the extra deadly red, to the common green, to the harmless blue. What I want to know is how it becomes deadly. Does the atmosphere of Earth affect it? And I'm not sure the green Kryptonite is deadly to Kryptonians on Earth but it may just render them the same as earthlings. They're not super beings on Krypton, just on Earth. It's the dumbest fucking concept. I much prefer a dude who navigates space on a surfboard and works as a page for a big motherfucker who eats planets. Long live Marvel! Fuck Detective Comics!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
It is also deadly to humans. Lex eventually got cancer from it because he has a huge stock pile of it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:54 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
This may be an all-time flop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:31 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
G.O.P. wrote:

I understand what Kryptonite is, sir. There are various colors of Kryptonite, from the extra deadly red, to the common green, to the harmless blue. What I want to know is how it becomes deadly. Does the atmosphere of Earth affect it? And I'm not sure the green Kryptonite is deadly to Kryptonians on Earth but it may just render them the same as earthlings. They're not super beings on Krypton, just on Earth. It's the dumbest fucking concept. I much prefer a dude who navigates space on a surfboard and works as a page for a big motherfucker who eats planets. Long live Marvel! Fuck Detective Comics!

in the rabbit hole that is kryptonite, there are a ton of things about red kryptonite. it's not always deadly. it's just really wild. like PCP. but because of the many incarnations of superman stories, it takes on different effects and purposes. it's removed superman's powers, but so has gold kryptonite.

i prefer marvel, too, but i don't think superman's that bad. the first two "superman" movies are classics. "smallville" was a fantastic TV series. the comics have been up and down but there have been really solid series.

my favorite superhero has always been wolverine, but the one i've identified the most with is spider-man. or, howard the duck.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:48 am 
Site Admin

I'm not sure I've ever liked a screen adaptation of any comic ever. And the modern ones with CGI I don't like at all.

Wolverine is an interesting character. In the Marvel Universe it always disturbed me that he wasn't a mutant as originally introduced but then they stuck him in with the new X-Men in that Giant Size No. 1.

Howard the Duck is awesome!

I just don't get Superman. He's super. He's got no worries. He should just take out his cock of steel and piss in Batman's face.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:53 am 

did you ever read the MAX mini-release of HTD in the early 2000's? it was pretty good, and one the last efforts by the great steve gerber.

it was a fun read.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next