It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Netflix Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I take back every bad word I said about Rob Stark's acting.

Last 2 episodes of Bodyguard were fantastic.

I mean you were trippin in the first four episodes too, just didn’t realize it. He was awesome.

I agree he was unremarkable at best in GOT.

Best thing I heard when looking up Bodyguard is that there should be a season 2, and if there is the show runner is saying there needs to be a season 3 and 4 too. Rob Stark really wants to do a season 2 and the show was a hit on Netflix. It’s gonna happen

Is Bodyguard suitable for a 14 year old? Not concerned about violence or swearing particularly...more the sex aspect.

It's fine. The sex is fairly mild. Nothing a 14yo hasn't seen waaay more than.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Caught that documentary "The Ted Bundy Tapes". Holy shit was that guy creepy. I knew who he was of course but didn't know the entire story about him until watching the show.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
T-Bone wrote:
Caught that documentary "The Ted Bundy Tapes". Holy shit was that guy creepy. I knew who he was of course but didn't know the entire story about him until watching the show.

I lived through it but forgot he escaped twice. The 1st time in particular was egregious.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:

On the Mt. Rushmore for all time great serial killers. gets extra points for the way he hit to all fields, first as an organized serial killer and then later on dabbling in disorganized serial killing as well. Not too many serial killers did both like that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
We watched the first two episodes...yeah, interesting stuff. I'll definitely try and keep watching.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:09 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
'Abducted in Plain Sight' -- crazy mormon pedo leverages aliens and exploits off-kilter hj giving 'rents to MJ an underage girl. Documentary.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:17 am 

pizza_Place: What??
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

On the Mt. Rushmore for all time great serial killers. gets extra points for the way he hit to all fields, first as an organized serial killer and then later on dabbling in disorganized serial killing as well. Not too many serial killers did both like that.

Can't be on Mt Rushmore if you get caught. There's gotta be at least a dozen who were never caught. Zodiac, Jack the Ripper, and Craigslist Ripper just off the top of my head. Bundy just wasn't disciplined enough. But he did have the fire and the passion(he bashed heads with a piece of oak firewood he just happened to pick up outside) and he gets extra credit for the 2nd escape.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Darkside wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
Watched the Netflix documentary "Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened" this weekend. I knew very little about this story going into watching this, but to see in detail what went down with Fyre Festival is one of the greatest con-man scam stories I have ever seen. Excellent telling of the story.

That was a good show. How about what the guy did at the end? What a scumbag.

Yeah... and he wanted to just keep the cameras rolling. You never know what you'll get!

watched this last night.....wow, people are gullible. I fear the future of 'merica.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I finished the Haunting of Hill House. That was a really good show, even without the horror parts. It was just a good backstory of a family.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
leashyourkids wrote:
I finished the Haunting of Hill House. That was a really good show, even without the horror parts. It was just a good backstory of a family.

Forgot about that. Have so many things to get through. Started Bad Blood the Canadian Mafia show this week.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:34 am 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Can't be on Mt Rushmore if you get caught. There's gotta be at least a dozen who were never caught. Zodiac, Jack the Ripper, and Craigslist Ripper just off the top of my head. Bundy just wasn't disciplined enough. But he did have the fire and the passion(he bashed heads with a piece of oak firewood he just happened to pick up outside) and he gets extra credit for the 2nd escape.

I don't really deduct points for getting caught, I judge by the kills themselves. Plus, you can't have people on the Mt. Rushmore if we don't even know who they. My GOAT serial killer is easily John Wayne Gacey. He was the perfect organized serial killer and so good at manipulating people that he never once had to overcome a victim by force. He would talk them into putting on handcuffs and then go from there.

Bundy gets high marks from me for being so committed to his craft and the length and geographical scope of his career. Plus, his ability to evade capture was very impressive. And then at the end, he shows his true self and pure savagery when he commits one of the biggest disorganized murder spree in history at the FSU sorority house with a log of firewood.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Bundy gets points because they really do not know his total body count.
Top 5 for me in no order are
Dennis raeder(BTK)
Bundy
Gacy
Gary Ridgeway(GreenRiver)
Edmund Kemper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:50 am 

Speaking of serial killers, when does season 2 of Mindhunters come out?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

all I can find is sometime this year

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:58 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Bogus.

Did you watch that at all? It's good shit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:40 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Bogus.

Did you watch that at all? It's good shit.

Oh yeah.
I read all of Douglas Books as well as the rest of the FBI guys stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:23 am 

Hussra wrote:
'Abducted in Plain Sight' -- crazy mormon pedo leverages aliens and exploits off-kilter hj giving 'rents to MJ an underage girl. Documentary.

this got me started,why does that religion spawn some really evil and strange shit?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:25 am 

Watched the Bundy Tapes last night,was okay. I knew a lot before going in. What was unique was that they used a lot of photos and police evidence never before released to the public. The last 20-30 minutes when he was giving up stuff sent chills down my spine,when he started talking they should have kept him alive until he stopped.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:07 am 

anyone checking out Russian Doll on Netflix? Just came out, series starting Natasha Lyonne. Basically Groundhog Day meets dark comedy. Premise is it's her birthday and it starts out she is in the bathroom at her friend's house for her bday party. She parties etc and then she dies and immediately she is back in that bathroom at the start of the episode. She keeps dying that night or the next day and keeps ending up back in the bathroom. I've watched the first 2 eps, definitely intriguing so far.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Chronicles of a Championship Golfer- Six episodes, about 30 mins each, featuring sitdown interviews with top golfers detailing their life/career with footage included. Tiger Woods, Greg Norman, Tom Watson, Ernie Els, Darren Clarke, and Jack Nicklaus are the episodes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Velvet Buzzsaw.

Meh.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
FrankDrebin wrote:
Chronicles of a Championship Golfer- Six episodes, about 30 mins each, featuring sitdown interviews with top golfers detailing their life/career with footage included. Tiger Woods, Greg Norman, Tom Watson, Ernie Els, Darren Clarke, and Jack Nicklaus are the episodes.

That's like the Edge in 'It Might Get Loud'.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Hussra wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

That's like the Edge in 'It Might Get Loud'.

Sorry, the emphasis is on The Open Championship so it makes more sense.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
leashyourkids wrote:

I've started it and am two episodes in. Still not sure where the balance will fall between family drama and horror show. The first episode had more horror than the second.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
shakes wrote:
anyone checking out Russian Doll on Netflix? Just came out, series starting Natasha Lyonne. Basically Groundhog Day meets dark comedy. Premise is it's her birthday and it starts out she is in the bathroom at her friend's house for her bday party. She parties etc and then she dies and immediately she is back in that bathroom at the start of the episode. She keeps dying that night or the next day and keeps ending up back in the bathroom. I've watched the first 2 eps, definitely intriguing so far.

I just finished. It was an interesting concept. I enjoyed how they did it and how they ended it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Jbi11s wrote:
Velvet Buzzsaw.

Meh.

Bad. The idea behind it was solid but the execution was horrendous. Total waste of time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:07 am 

Get Me Roger Stone is very good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:15 am 

Started watching Norsemen,funny and strange all at the same time. Some parts had me rolling on the floor,the first bit on the boat was a classic.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:18 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Started watching Norsemen,funny and strange all at the same time. Some parts had me rolling on the floor,the first bit on the boat was a classic.

I thought it was interesting for about an episode and a half. then the comedy became too repetitive and I got bored.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Not sure what you all saw in Russian Doll. I made it to somewhere towards the middle/end of episode 3 last night and gave up. A few good jokes but mostly boring imo.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 42  Next