It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mandalorian
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
It was good. Bill was surprisingly good. It even had the best thing from AotC II in it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Wow.

Wowwowwow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:36 am 

It was fun watching it, but the more I think about, it the less I like it. I guess that can be true of anything if you nitpick it enough, but I don't feel like my issues with it are nitpicking.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Well I didn't see that ending coming. Not sure exactly what to think about it, will be interesting to see where this series goes next.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:17 am 

The setup from the after credits scene is interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:21 am 

KDdidit wrote:
It was fun watching it, but the more I think about, it the less I like it. I guess that can be true of anything if you nitpick it enough, but I don't feel like my issues with it are nitpicking.

The episode as a whole, or specific parts?

It'll be interesting to see if next season focuses more on Mandalorians.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:06 am 

It's walking a fine line with the fan wankery. One of the biggest failures of the sequel trilogy was it was too scared to let the new characters carry the movies and crippled it with too much of the original trilogy characters. Now a lot of that was just bad writing and ideas, The Mandalorian showed they could use some old characters successfully but they didn't seem forced into the shows, but as S2 went on it seemed to get excessive. It's still been done well, but it's going in the wrong direction.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
KDdidit wrote:
It's walking a fine line with the fan wankery. One of the biggest failures of the sequel trilogy was it was too scared to let the new characters carry the movies and crippled it with too much of the original trilogy characters. Now a lot of that was just bad writing and ideas, The Mandalorian showed they could use some old characters successfully but they didn't seem forced into the shows, but as S2 went on it seemed to get excessive. It's still been done well, but it's going in the wrong direction.

I think it is the exact opposite.

The new trilogy seemed to push the real, core, original characters into the background, killing them off conveniently in many cases, in favor of these new, less interesting characters.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:05 pm 

Pres-Elect FukNuggitt wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

The new trilogy seemed to push the real, core, original characters into the background, killing them off conveniently in many cases, in favor of these new, less interesting characters.

And I think they were less interesting because they kneecapped them by connecting them to the old ones so much. They couldn't just ley Rey's parents be nobodies, she was the daughter of a Palp clone and took the name Skywalker. Kylo couldn't be a bad guy for different reasons, he had to worship Vader and his defining bad guy moments were killing Han Solo, killing a new set of younglings (RIP GROGU?!?!?!?!), and trying to kill Leia and Luke and he had to do it all carrying a lightsaber. Can't wait for Palpatine to be the bad guy in another trilogy.

KDdidit wrote:
The series was really good, but I think calling it great just shows how mediocre the SW franchise has been lately. I’m pretty impressed they seem to have the episodic pace down well. I know they had a lot of practice with the Netflix Marvel ones and they seemed to have avoided one of the biggest issues with those, that they dragged them out with too many episodes in a season. The Mandalorian actually leaves you wanting more instead of being glad it’s over.

I said this at the end of last season, but this season I feel wrapped up too quickly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:07 pm 

:shock: :o :shock:

Holy shit just watched Mando finale on my lunch break.

Quite possibly THE DOPEST FUCKING SHIT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

HOLY FUCK YESSS!!!! Man-tears were dripping off my face by the end!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:59 pm 

Also if they just waited a day (redacted) would have taken care of it so they didn’t need to bother with the heist :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:51 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Also if they just waited a day (redacted) would have taken care of it so they didn’t need to bother with the heist :lol:

This shit was so good I have to re-watch it again tonight.

I NEVER re-watch things. Ever.

Thank goodness for Jon Favreau!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:54 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

And I think they were less interesting because they kneecapped them by connecting them to the old ones so much. They couldn't just ley Rey's parents be nobodies, she was the daughter of a Palp clone and took the name Skywalker. Kylo couldn't be a bad guy for different reasons, he had to worship Vader and his defining bad guy moments were killing Han Solo, killing a new set of younglings (RIP GROGU?!?!?!?!), and trying to kill Leia and Luke and he had to do it all carrying a lightsaber. Can't wait for Palpatine to be the bad guy in another trilogy.

KDdidit wrote:
The series was really good, but I think calling it great just shows how mediocre the SW franchise has been lately. I’m pretty impressed they seem to have the episodic pace down well. I know they had a lot of practice with the Netflix Marvel ones and they seemed to have avoided one of the biggest issues with those, that they dragged them out with too many episodes in a season. The Mandalorian actually leaves you wanting more instead of being glad it’s over.

I said this at the end of last season, but this season I feel wrapped up too quickly.

No way Grogu is dead.

They will have some story-line about him being off in another Galaxy during the events of the Star Wars Saga's Complete and Unnecessary Destruction, . . . uh, I mean the last trilogy.

Sad side note - looks like Pedro Pascal got his ass fired by asking to have some mask-free time.

They gave hm the last 2 eps and then a kick in the ass - he gone!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:08 pm 

Keep the goofy conspiracies in politics. He’s fine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:43 pm 

That being said, if they switch to S3 being about the post credits scene that’s fine with me. These 2 seasons were a complete narrative arc that they don’t necessarily have to keep going. Mando and Bo-Katan still presumably need a resolution, unless that’s season 5.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:45 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
That being said, if they switch to S3 being about the post credits scene that’s fine with me. These 2 seasons were a complete narrative arc that they don’t necessarily have to keep going. Mando and Bo-Katan still presumably need a resolution, unless that’s season 5.

True.

I trust Favreau. He has earned it, by golly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I was standing up yelling at my tv the last 5 minutes of this episode.

I am a nerd.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:29 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

Favreau said before this season he wants this show to world build like Game of Thrones.

Boba is getting his own show.

Asohka is getting her own show.

This shit is going to be great.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:19 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
I was standing up yelling at my tv the last 5 minutes of this episode.

I am a nerd.

Dude I have watched about a dozen reaction videos of this ep so far.

This is the heaviest, sweetest episode of anything that I have ever seen - EVER.

Favreau righted the wrongs of the Millennial Fuckstix' 7-9 weak Trilogy and a deranged micro-managing Lucas' horrible prequels and heretic changes and re-releases of the original trilogy.

But, fuck. . . Luke FINALLY got to show off his

PEAK

FORCE

POWERS!!!

Fucking FORCE CRUSH!!!

Damn.

Amazing.

The hallway scene - just like Vader. Fuck. So fucking good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:28 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
That was the coolest part for me. The full Jedi Master going FULL JEDI MASTER.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Just finished it and I'm not afraid to admit it...
legit tears of joy.

Fucking amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:00 am 

Man that was cool.

I keep thinking about it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:16 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Man that was cool.

I keep thinking about it.

I cry every time I even watch the reaction videos.

It is that strong of a scene.

Those fucking Millennial fuck Directors should be launched off the planet for robbing us of this moment in the last trilogy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:46 pm 

Luke deserved better than finally getting a scene with full-on Jedi powers and it being done in the Marvel movie style of "killing" waves and waves of cgi nobodies. Visually those have been pretty unsatisfying. Now obviously he can't have some John Wick style bloodbath where he force crushes a Stormtrooper and his brain matter explodes across the screen, but Vader in R1 was more satisfying because we could see a bunch of humans reacting to the realization that holy shit, Darth Vader is here and we're dead. All Luke got was robots turning around and looking dead eyed at him. Every once in a while they went back to the control room and Gideon went from confident to worried, but it wasn't much. I think the fake Luke technology has improved over the previous fake Tarkin and Leia appearances, but the de-aged voice wasn't just there yet. Technically Grogu probably got more training from Yoda than Luke did.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
KDdidit wrote:
Luke deserved better than finally getting a scene with full-on Jedi powers and it being done in the Marvel movie style of "killing" waves and waves of cgi nobodies. Visually those have been pretty unsatisfying. Now obviously he can't have some John Wick style bloodbath where he force crushes a Stormtrooper and his brain matter explodes across the screen, but Vader in R1 was more satisfying because we could see a bunch of humans reacting to the realization that holy shit, Darth Vader is here and we're dead. All Luke got was robots turning around and looking dead eyed at him. Every once in a while they went back to the control room and Gideon went from confident to worried, but it wasn't much. I think the fake Luke technology has improved over the previous fake Tarkin and Leia appearances, but the de-aged voice wasn't just there yet. Technically Grogu probably got more training from Yoda than Luke did.

My wife is not a fan but I had her watch the last 5 minutes last night. I thought the CGI was pretty good the first time and then noticed it more the second time around. She said it looked cool but the mouth and lips are a dead giveaway. Can’t argue but they are getting better at it. I realize I should have probably known by the color of the saber but I personally thought it was going to be Kenobi which would roll into his new series.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:07 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

My wife is not a fan but I had her watch the last 5 minutes last night. I thought the CGI was pretty good the first time and then noticed it more the second time around. She said it looked cool but the mouth and lips are a dead giveaway. Can’t argue but they are getting better at it. I realize I should have probably known by the color of the saber but I personally thought it was going to be Kenobi which would roll into his new series.

Kenobi is a force ghost.

I can tell from his post that KD was born after 1985, and likely in the 90's.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:35 pm 

I didn’t realize it until I started watching episode review videos, but R2D2 could know who Grogu is if the child was trained at the Jedi Temple.

Pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:40 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Kenobi is a force ghost.

I can tell from his post that KD was born after 1985, and likely in the 90's.

Born in the 70s, saw Star Wars at the Berwyn Theatre on Cermak.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:20 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I thought the CGI of Luke was better than Leia in R1 but not as good as Tarkin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next