It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Netflix Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
T-Bone wrote:
Caught that documentary "The Ted Bundy Tapes". Holy shit was that guy creepy. I knew who he was of course but didn't know the entire story about him until watching the show.

Unbelievable. I have always known the outline of Ted’s crimes and his persona but damn did that give me a better insight. Two escapes? Even the damn Florida Judge was charmed by him. Unreal character.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:53 pm 

Anyone watch Maniac? I like Theroux (who could guess that a Lynch fanboy would) and loved Sally Fields as his mother. Jonah Hill was fun in it. I won’t say it is great or anything but it was fun for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
Anyone watch Maniac? I like Theroux (who could guess that a Lynch fanboy would) and loved Sally Fields as his mother. Jonah Hill was fun in it. I won’t say it is great or anything but it was fun for sure.

Enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
FavreFan wrote:
Not sure what you all saw in Russian Doll. I made it to somewhere towards the middle/end of episode 3 last night and gave up. A few good jokes but mostly boring imo.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
FavreFan wrote:
Not sure what you all saw in Russian Doll. I made it to somewhere towards the middle/end of episode 3 last night and gave up. A few good jokes but mostly boring imo.

I love the concept of being caught in a loop of life. I've sometimes wondered if we dont occasionally loop back in time and thats why we have deja vu. Just unlike this show or Groundhog Day, we dont remember that we've done it. The deja vu is our subconscious mind trying to let us know what has happened.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I love the concept of being caught in a loop of life. I've sometimes wondered if we dont occasionally loop back in time and thats why we have deja vu. Just unlike this show or Groundhog Day, we dont remember that we've done it. The deja vu is our subconscious mind trying to let us know what has happened.

I like the concept. Just didn’t find the show entertaining.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I often wonder if my consciousness was just thrust into my current body and mind, say, minutes or seconds ago. If I was equipped with the mind's memory, I would never know. Maybe we are just consciousnesses jumping from person to person, never knowing that we just arrived or that we might leave momentarily.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:36 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I often wonder if my consciousness was just thrust into my current body and mind, say, minutes or seconds ago. If I was equipped with the mind's memory, I would never know. Maybe we are just consciousnesses jumping from person to person, never knowing that we just arrived or that we might leave momentarily.

You made the right call brother. LSD > alcohol

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Altered Carbon touches on this. Bodies are just suits we wear. Our consciousness can uploaded into any body.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Is that a movie?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:59 pm 

It’s on Netflix. I watched it for like 10 minutes awhile back and gave up. Did I miss out Peeps?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Sounds Catholic.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
It’s on Netflix. I watched it for like 10 minutes awhile back and gave up. Did I miss out Peeps?

I enjoyed it but it's kind of out there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:25 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Altered Carbon touches on this. Bodies are just suits we wear. Our consciousness can uploaded into any body.

So does Maniac. Well so does quantum leap.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:33 pm 

I'll check Maniac out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Maybe my next leap will be the leap home.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Maybe my next leap will be the leap home.

I loved that show,a shame it did not get a proper ending

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I’m looking forward to second season. At least I think I saw them announce a second season.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Watched the first episode of Russian Doll. It's worthy of watching a second episode.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:37 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I’m looking forward to second season. At least I think I saw them announce a second season.

Yeah I think it's coming back soon. With a new cast too. Anthony Mackie will be the new sleeve for Kovacs.

Last edited by Terry's Peeps on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
FavreFan wrote:

Will see if I can get through 3.

I liked episode one but did find myself wondering how they were going push an entire season out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Watched “Abducted in Plain Sight” last night. It was an interesting story, but seriously, WTF with that girls parents?? Are there REALLY people THAT stupid and guillable out there raising children? Those people were shockingly stupid and right when you think they CANT POSSIBLY do something more stupid, BOOM! they outdo themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:13 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
Watched “Abducted in Plain Sight” last night. It was an interesting story, but seriously, WTF with that girls parents?? Are there REALLY people THAT stupid and guillable out there raising children? Those people were shockingly stupid and right when you think they CANT POSSIBLY do something more stupid, BOOM! they outdo themselves.

I watched it this morning and yeah I’d say her parents are so dumb that it borders on criminal what they did to her.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I was looking at my wife while watching and we were both laughing at how ignorant they were. Seriously CRIMINALLY ignorant. I can’t believe they wanted the money this film certainly provided them bad enough to make themselves out to be this stupid for the whole world to see.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:38 pm 

I laughed so damn hard at the “so I was dumb enough to reach over... and ya know, relieve him”

Bob’s been a closet case this whole time.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Jbi11s wrote:
Velvet Buzzsaw.

Meh.

I enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
GoldenJet wrote:
Watched the first episode of Russian Doll. It's worthy of watching a second episode.

I enjoyed it. Definitely different.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
IMU wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I finished the Haunting of Hill House. That was a really good show, even without the horror parts. It was just a good backstory of a family.

I've started it and am two episodes in. Still not sure where the balance will fall between family drama and horror show. The first episode had more horror than the second.

The tracking shots in Episode 6 were fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:24 pm 

IMU wrote:
IMU wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I finished the Haunting of Hill House. That was a really good show, even without the horror parts. It was just a good backstory of a family.

I've started it and am two episodes in. Still not sure where the balance will fall between family drama and horror show. The first episode had more horror than the second.

The tracking shots in Episode 6 were fantastic.

Finally finished it and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Just enough scares but the family drama was more compelling. Episodes 5 and 6 were fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
man of few opinions wrote:

They are Mormons. If you’ve ever known one then it should make sense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 42  Next