It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:25 pm 

"Hey, Hey, You, You, I don't like your boyfriend. Why? Why? Cause, Cause, He sucks at Ping Pong."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
"Tell her she's got tig old bitties!!" - Tracy Jordan to Jack Donaghy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Mopery wrote:
"Tell her she's got tig old bitties!!" - Tracy Jordan to Jack Donaghy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I almost forgot that one! Best line of the night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:40 pm 

"30 rock" was very funny, but "the office" was probably one of the best episodes i've ever seen. has emmy written all over it. great stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:06 pm 

W_Z wrote:
"30 rock" was very funny, but "the office" was probably one of the best episodes i've ever seen. has emmy written all over it. great stuff.

...and, because of the writers' strike, they're choices on which episode to submit are slim pickins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:33 am 

Did anybody else laugh out loud when Frank was acting gay AND wearing the hat that said "Burrito" on it? :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:59 am 

Bulldog Scott wrote:
Did anybody else laugh out loud when Frank was acting gay AND wearing the hat that said "Burrito" on it? :lol: :lol:

i'm not the only one who caught that! awesome. i always pay attention to what's on frank's hat. and i did notice "burrito". oh inside humor...

BTW, fugging hilarious episode.

i don't know how many episodes the poster's been featured in, but whenever i see the movie poster for "Who Dat Ninja?!" i always crack up. It's in Tracy Jordan's room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Bulldog Scott wrote:

I caught that too and started laughing, my wife asked what was so funny, and I couldn't explain. Juvenile humor is great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:12 am 

W_Z wrote:
Bulldog Scott wrote:

i'm not the only one who caught that! awesome. i always pay attention to what's on frank's hat. and i did notice "burrito". oh inside humor...

i don't know how many episodes the poster's been featured in, but whenever i see the movie poster for "Who Dat Ninja?!" i always crack up. It's in Tracy Jordan's room.

Saw that poster...Tracy cracks me up. "Liz Lemon, we're goin' to an animal strip club, you wanna come?"

It was a really good episode for Frank's hats. I think there were 3 or 4 of them. I can't remember them all, but I know one said "Beef".

The wheelies were also a nice touch...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:40 am 
1000 CLUB

Was Grey's Anatomy a rerun last night? The story lines seemed out of time. Even if it was, it was still great - we love that show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:48 pm 

Bulldog Scott wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Bulldog Scott wrote:

Saw that poster...Tracy cracks me up. "Liz Lemon, we're goin' to an animal strip club, you wanna come?"

It was a really good episode for Frank's hats. I think there were 3 or 4 of them. I can't remember them all, but I know one said "Beef".

The wheelies were also a nice touch...

what a perfect episode for frank to wear the burrito hat.

you don't think...nah! hmmm, you don't think frank is a CSFMB member? maybe W_Z's former avatar was really a self-portrait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:15 pm 

Mopery wrote:
you don't think...nah! hmmm, you don't think frank is a CSFMB member? maybe W_Z's former avatar was really a self-portrait.

if he was wearing the burrito hat when he was at the gay bar, THAT would have been it. no question about it.

but no...i think josh friedlander's got too much to do...

but if you want to think that you're talking to him when you're talking to me, that's cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
A lot of people in comedy have Chicago connections, so I wouldn't be surprised if on the 30 Rock staff there was someone who at least reads the message board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:15 pm 

NSJ wrote:
Was Grey's Anatomy a rerun last night? The story lines seemed out of time. Even if it was, it was still great - we love that show.

I don't think so, I don't recall any deer getting CPR in other episodes....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:02 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Mopery wrote:

if he was wearing the burrito hat when he was at the gay bar, THAT would have been it. no question about it.

but no...i think josh friedlander's got too much to do...

but if you want to think that you're talking to him when you're talking to me, that's cool.

thanks, oh, and btw, you were GREAT in american splendor! i love 'nerds' too. in fact, that's where my handle comes from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:16 am 

Mopery wrote:

thanks, oh, and btw, you were GREAT in american splendor! i love 'nerds' too. in fact, that's where my handle comes from.

[in said voice] i receive many compliments regarding my performance in that motion picture, along side harvey. he was one of my best friends during that period and we shared much in the way of candy balls and white castle burgers. though he could not share such burgers with me during the showing of "revenge of the nerds" as i was going to see that alone, on my own journey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:59 am 

Good God, 30 Rock was a blast last night. Some HILARIOUS moments, beginning with Tracy Jordan's buddy picture with Shaq--"Hey would you call what we did last night sex?"

And Carville?! My God that was awesome! "Were you attempting to steal candy from that vending machine? Here let me show you how it's done. CAJUN STYLE!"

MOM EXPERT

Genius! Great stuff!

Almost makes up for the fact that there aren't any new "The Office" episodes...almost :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:18 am 

Couldn't agree more. "Mom Expert" had be rolling. This one has "Save until I delete" status on my DVR.

"$5 Million each? That's NBA sexual assault money!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:21 am 

W_Z wrote:
Almost makes up for the fact that there aren't any new "The Office" episodes...almost :cry:

Maybe if the writers didn't blow their wads with those 4 hour-long episodes early on, we would still be enjoying The Office right now. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:29 am 

Bulldog Scott wrote:

Maybe if the writers didn't blow their wads with those 4 hour-long episodes early on, we would still be enjoying The Office right now. :roll:

I'll just reiterate what I said before in this thread...

W_Z wrote:

But seriously, enough with the hour long episodes...unnecessary, and it's gonna lead to overkill.

In fairness to the writers (who never get fair treatment) I doubt they set out this season to write hour long episodes; the network had to fill holes and they put the pressure on the writers and producers to make hour long episodes. What I don't get is the lag with premiering the last season (thank God) of "Scrubs"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:06 am 

No Scrubs love WZ? I finally got my wife to like it now that its the last season. At least I have reruns during the dinner hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:33 am 

bwfalcon wrote:
No Scrubs love WZ? I finally got my wife to like it now that its the last season. At least I have reruns during the dinner hours.

No. Probably the most unfunny show I've seen advertised as a comedy since "The Michael Richards Show".

I've given "Scrubs" at least 5 chances, and I think I've chuckled maybe 2 or 3 times.

I get what Bill Lawrence was trying to do--make a live action "cartoon" like The Simpsons (I think he even admits to this) but when your characters are too cartoonish and then try to add "drama" to it, it just doesn't work for me at all. And i was a fan of the guy's, I liked "Spin City" a lot.

"Scrubs" to me just comes off as obnoxious, agonizingly forced and obvious humor, and patronizing sentimental "drama".

I tried again last night at the gym after "That 70's Show" to give it one more chance, and I watched the entire episode, and I laughed a few times--but then there were all these eye-rolling jokes that were like...not funny.

It was the one where the chief of surgery decides to take a patient and it's a fat chick who doesn't want to listen to him--and meanwhile Turk and his girlfriend are broken up but she wants to mend things and he doesn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:45 am 

W_Z wrote:
bwfalcon wrote:

No. Probably the most unfunny show I've seen advertised as a comedy since "The Michael Richards Show".

I've given "Scrubs" at least 5 chances, and I think I've chuckled maybe 2 or 3 times.

I get what Bill Lawrence was trying to do--make a live action "cartoon" like The Simpsons (I think he even admits to this) but when your characters are too cartoonish and then try to add "drama" to it, it just doesn't work for me at all. And i was a fan of the guy's, I liked "Spin City" a lot.

"Scrubs" to me just comes off as obnoxious, agonizingly forced and obvious humor, and patronizing sentimental "drama".

I tried again last night at the gym after "That 70's Show" to give it one more chance, and I watched the entire episode, and I laughed a few times--but then there were all these eye-rolling jokes that were like...not funny.

It was the one where the chief of surgery decides to take a patient and it's a fat chick who doesn't want to listen to him--and meanwhile Turk and his girlfriend are broken up but she wants to mend things and he doesn't.

god, W_Z, i couldn't agree with you more on scrubs. it fancies itself as witty, when all it is is a humorless, cartoonish mess. great job of pinpointing what it is i hate about it. for the longest time, i couldn't put my hate for the show into words.

30 rock, on the other hand, is pure genius. the writers' observations are spot on, which makes it one of the best written sitcoms of all time...so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:49 am 

Mopery wrote:

30 rock, on the other hand, is pure genius. the writers' observations are spot on, which makes it one of the best written sitcoms of all time...so far.

"30 Rock" is a satire, it is self-referential and self-mocking. "Scrubs", for a "silly" comedy, takes itself pretty seriously.

Only reason I mention Scrubs again is because some people have spoken about both shows comparatively.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:50 am 
1000 CLUB

I liked the first few seasons of Scrubs for what it was. The last few seasons though have been a complete disaster and I hate the show now. Still like the old ones though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I despise the dimwitted moralism that plagues Scrubs. If I ever run into Zach Braff, I'll punch that scrawny little fuck right in the throat. Garden State was another abysmal, stupidly moralistic piece of crap, too. I found Wonder Boys to be a much more satisfying take on the same subject matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Viccinos Pizza in Downtown Glenview.
30 rock was very good and Tina Fey is climbing my list in the funny category "Lemon Out" and good looking category. Good stuff last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
Tall Midget wrote:
I despise the dimwitted moralism that plagues Scrubs. If I ever run into Zach Braff, I'll punch that scrawny little fuck right in the throat. Garden State was another abysmal, stupidly moralistic piece of crap, too. I found Wonder Boys to be a much more satisfying take on the same subject matter.

So you're saying we can never hang out?

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:39 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
If I ever run into Zach Braff, I'll punch that scrawny little fuck right in the throat. Garden State was another abysmal, stupidly moralistic piece of crap, too. I found Wonder Boys to be a much more satisfying take on the same subject matter.

:lol: :lol: damn that's some rage.

i didn't mind "garden state", i really liked the soundtrack because a lot of those songs were close to me at some point...

but "Wonder Boys" was fantastic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:06 pm 

buryman wrote:
30 rock was very good and Tina Fey is climbing my list in the funny category "Lemon Out" and good looking category. Good stuff last night.

fey showed some nice cleavage in yesterday's episode.

regardless of what the rumors are, she does NOT have an alopecia problem. she's very hairy :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next