It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Read an article that the actor wanted off the show to pursue other roles. Also he is from Europe which I didn't know and I guess he
gets homesick or something. He will continue to be in episodes throughout this season since there is a lot of back and forth with the
time lines.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:
Read an article that the actor wanted off the show to pursue other roles. Also he is from Europe which I didn't know and I guess he
gets homesick or something. He will continue to be in episodes throughout this season since there is a lot of back and forth with the
time lines.

Since you didn't know he was from Europe I'm guessing you didn't know this guy below is his dad. Mind blown?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:34 am 

Regarding Frank Dillane, the actor who played Nick, he's a bitch and I was surprised at how gracious the producers were when talking about him on Talking Dead. Guy is the male lead of a show and he just up and quits because he is homesick and wants other roles. I would bet my mortgage that when he tried out for the part he was told that they were hoping for a similar multi year run as TWD. I'm sure he was asked if he could handle the commitment and I'm sure he said oh yea of course I am! What a piece of shit quitter.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:17 pm 

Had no idea that was his dad. Now he can act!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:05 am 

Caught that last episode which showed the backstory of the guy with the cowboy pistols. I thought it was pretty well done overall, giving us a
little more insight to this guy. Probably my favorite character in this series right now. I wonder if we will get backstories on the other newbies or
not. They need a good episode next week, kind of losing some momentum after a nice start.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Agreed. It's slowed a bit. And I also liked the episode about the Gunslinger.

I hadn't watched since season 1 and I remember why I hated Madison.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Agreed. It's slowed a bit. And I also liked the episode about the Gunslinger.

I hadn't watched since season 1 and I remember why I hated Madison.

The new character that left the Gunslinger didn't endear herself to me either. That guy was so good to her and she just left him there.
Was I correct that she mentioned she had lost a child early in the episode? Must be more to her backstory and the need to get back on
the road when she had a pretty good thing going there.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:26 pm 

I thought the last ep was great.

Only issue I had is they never really explained why Jenna Elfman was so intent of leaving.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:27 pm 

shakes wrote:
I thought the last ep was great.

Only issue I had is they never really explained why Jenna Elfman was so intent of leaving.

Especially when she admitted to being in love with him.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:18 pm 

Another solid episode with some head scratching moments. I don't usually harp on the poor decisions people make in these shows, but when Jenna Elfman was in the FEMA shelter and she made a loud noise with all the walkers in the next room I just hit fast forward because it was too stupid. When Morgan told the Vulture that Strand and Co were setting up an ambush for them, that was easily the dumbest thing Morgan has done in his life on the two shows.

There's only a couple episodes left this half. We better get some inclination as to what happened at the baseball park soon cause right now I'm still struggling with the idea of the Vultures being bad guys. So far all they've done is hang out passively in the parking lot waiting for the ballpark people to fail. Not exactly Governor or Negan type behavior. We started to get a hint of it this week when the Vultures left and said the bad stuff happens when you least expect it. Maybe the Vultures change their tactics and become more aggresive?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:37 pm 

I didn't think it was as solid, but like you I hope they pull their shit together the last couple episodes before the break. I also agree that
Elfman's behavior at the shelter was asinine. She is all over the place with her behavior. I still am not even sure what happened at the
end there, not so good understanding all the time jumping. All I know is that character who was shot at the end better not be dead.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:15 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
I didn't think it was as solid, but like you I hope they pull their shit together the last couple episodes before the break. I also agree that
Elfman's behavior at the shelter was asinine. She is all over the place with her behavior. I still am not even sure what happened at the
end there, not so good understanding all the time jumping. All I know is that character who was shot at the end better not be dead.

I was extra confused because (and I don't know if this happened to anyone else) early in the episode when they were sheltering in the motel Jenna Elfman started to tell Strand and Madison what terrible thing she did at the FEMA shelter. Right at that moment the show cut away to that stupid Frank Thomas commerical. Played the whole commercial and when it cut back to the show she was done talking and Strand was standing over her demanding the car keys and acting like she was worse than Hitler. Couldn't imagine worse and more perfect timing of that commercial.

By the end I figured it out with the daughter getting sick while she was out looking for meds, but that was confusing for a bit there.

Still waiting for Madison to show up in the present. I think we all thought she was going to be in that car instead of Jenna Elfman.

Thinking about it more, calling that ep solid might've been a reach.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:05 am 

I fear they're going to pull a swerve and keep Madison alive after hinting at her being dead all season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:59 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I fear they're going to pull a swerve and keep Madison alive after hinting at her being dead all season.

They didn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:58 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

They didn't.

She's getting out at a good time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:53 am 

season started out promising and really fizzled at the end. Basically, they blew the season long reveal because by the time they showed she was dead I was too busy being annoyed at Alicia and co. for blaming Jenna Elfman for all their worldly problems when the real reason everything went wrong at the baseball field is because Alicia and Co. left the baseball field to go rescue their enemy and then upon returning they just sat there in the middle of the parking lot and let themselves get swarmed which is what triggered every bad thing that happened.