It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Call Saul
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:09 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Could you spin anther show with Walt's company Gray Matter?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:31 am 

i'm not really following gunther's line of thinking. i get being homesick but it doesn't seem like it would drive a person this far, especially knowing what you're sacrificing. and like mike told him, once the job's complete he'd never have to leave home again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
What happened when Gunther went back down to check on the explosives? He was breathing hard and couldn't catch his breath. He was trembling and was very unsteady. Was it nerves that finally got to him and he just couldn't do it anymore? And if he realized that, he is smart enough to know he'd never be allowed to leave with the work unfinished. At least not alive. So it makes sense for him to try and run.

Alternatively as an out-there theory, the phone call with his wife was coded and his wife was telling Werner that she was in danger. And Lydia is somehow the cause of it. That's why Mike hates Lydia so much. She forced him to kill Werner.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Alternatively as an out-there theory, the phone call with his wife was coded and his wife was telling Werner that she was in danger. And Lydia is somehow the cause of it. That's why Mike hates Lydia so much. She forced him to kill Werner.

Interesting theory...maybe Gus's plan was to kill all of them once they were done.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:56 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Interesting theory...maybe Gus's plan was to kill all of them once they were done.

If that's the case I can't imagine Mike working for Gus later on.

But who knows.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: ....
Terry's Peeps wrote:
What happened when Gunther went back down to check on the explosives? He was breathing hard and couldn't catch his breath. He was trembling and was very unsteady. Was it nerves that finally got to him and he just couldn't do it anymore? And if he realized that, he is smart enough to know he'd never be allowed to leave with the work unfinished. At least not alive. So it makes sense for him to try and run.

Makes no sense.

What also males no sense is that they did not disconnect any wires from the detonator.

I thought for sure a static electricity spark was going to jump to the exposed wire.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:37 am 

Panther pislA wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Makes no sense.

What also males no sense is that they did not disconnect any wires from the detonator.

I thought for sure a static electricity spark was going to jump to the exposed wire.

Me too. I was sure Werner was gonna blow up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:14 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I also thought it was going to blow up. I think they are too far along to be able to complete the lab this early given what you know in BB.

I'm pretty sure Gus plans to kill all the Germans. He can't have people alive that know his deal. He introduced himself by name.

I've not been impressed by this season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:41 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I also thought it was going to blow up. I think they are too far along to be able to complete the lab this early given what you know in BB.

I'm pretty sure Gus plans to kill all the Germans. He can't have people alive that know his deal. He introduced himself by name.

These guys are making Germans look like a bunch of weak ass pussies.

Do you think that Werner figured out that he was going to get whacked before the bar scene, and he just started talking to the strangers to test it?

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:58 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
No but I think Mike has him all fucked up thinking that the next mistake he makes will be the end of him.

So, better to take off now than make some mistake.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's

I think the writers made a mistake by killing off Chuck. He and Howard were great foils for Jimmy, and the show would have benefited from extended courtroom competition between Jimmy and Chuck/Howard.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:07 pm 

I am still enthralled and riveted by the minute details in each episode.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:59 pm 

Disappointing season so far. Need a big finish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Guess I'm in the minority here. I've enjoyed the season. I really don't want it to the end tho so I'm fine with them continually delaying the full spin into Saul and have enjoyed the side stories in the mean time.

I do agree Chuck dying and Howard being sidelined isnt great for the overall quality of every episode though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:46 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Guess I'm in the minority here. I've enjoyed the season. I really don't want it to the end tho so I'm fine with them continually delaying the full spin into Saul and have enjoyed the side stories in the mean time.

I do agree Chuck dying and Howard being sidelined isnt great for the overall quality of every episode though.

It has been ok. I think I just had way too high of expectations for the season that I set myself up for disappointment.

Still look forward to it, but not as good as I was hoping.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:51 pm 

I don't dislike the season either but it hasn't been as good as I had hoped.

Maybe the finale changes that and makes all the B and C stories make sense and come together.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I'm having a hard time buying Kim as a real person. I don't believe her motivations or actions. Don't find anything she does to be believable.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:07 am 

Vince Gilligan hasn't really been involved in this season, save for directing a couple episodes. It shows I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:11 am 

No but I think Mike has him all fucked up thinking that the next mistake he makes will be the end of him.

this makes a lot of sense. he's freaking out and realizes that quite possibly he's a dead man either way.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:12 am 

shakes wrote:
I'm having a hard time buying Kim as a real person. I don't believe her motivations or actions. Don't find anything she does to be believable.
Doesn't that describe most of the women in the BB universe? Kim is the best of all of them but her flip flopping all season has become tiresome. Is it really that hard to simply have a successful career with a client that pays you huge money?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:15 am 

W_Z wrote:

this makes a lot of sense. he's freaking out and realizes that quite possibly he's a dead man either way.
It does. What doesn't make sense is the massive amount of security built into the exit door at floor level and yet the ceiling has two padlocks that looks like they were bought at Target.

I think this whole season falls on the Mike story line. It's seeming more likely it was a pretty big waste of time especially if the obvious ending to the Germans comes to pass.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:19 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:
Doesn't that describe most of the women in the BB universe? Kim is the best of all of them but her flip flopping all season has become tiresome. Is it really that hard to simply have a successful career with a client that pays you huge money?

right. They paint her as a driven, extremely talented young attorney on her way to partner at a major firm and then when she finally gets there she decides it's boring? The pro-bono stuff I can see, lots of lawyers take on little projects like that, but the elaborate scams that don't really net her anything, i just can't buy that as a realistic path her character would take.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:53 am 

shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:

right. They paint her as a driven, extremely talented young attorney on her way to partner at a major firm and then when she finally gets there she decides it's boring? The pro-bono stuff I can see, lots of lawyers take on little projects like that, but the elaborate scams that don't really net her anything, i just can't buy that as a realistic path her character would take.

I really think they're setting her up as being behind the Saul transformation and work in Breaking Bad.

At first glance I hate the idea terribly but I guess I could change my mind depending on how they play it out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:

Depends on the client. Ever had one that you fuckin hated and didnt want to deal with even though they made you money?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:30 pm 

I almost forgot about the one thing that bothered me more than anything I've seen on BCS.

There is literally no chance that Jimmy (or for that matter ANY person re-applying for a law license) would forget to mention the victim of his crime. no chance at all.

Also no chance that Jimmy would be too stupid to understand how that could be important. A grifter like Jimmy, c'mon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
shakes wrote:
I almost forgot about the one thing that bothered me more than anything I've seen on BCS.

There is literally no chance that Jimmy (or for that matter ANY person re-applying for a law license) would forget to mention the victim of his crime. no chance at all.

Also no chance that Jimmy would be too stupid to understand how that could be important. A grifter like Jimmy, c'mon.

Autobiographical?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:56 pm 

Cashman wrote:
shakes wrote:

Autobiographical?

I always mention my victims. Hard to forget them when I keep souvenaires.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:57 pm 

shakes wrote:

Maybe he's purposefully trying to repress his feelings about Chuck. Normal Jimmy would know how to read the room but he can't see that they want him to talk about Chuck because he doesn't want to deal with it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:04 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
shakes wrote:

Maybe he's purposefully trying to repress his feelings about Chuck. Normal Jimmy would know how to read the room but he can't see that they want him to talk about Chuck because he doesn't want to deal with it.

It seemed to me that the writers wanted to portray this season that Jimmy is a sociopath almost on the level of Walter White which would obviously make sense given the type of lawyer he becomes. The fact that he seemingly hasn't cared at all about his brother or what happened all season seems genuine.

I predict he makes a huge show of how sorry he is about Chuck and what was done and how much he misses him and then walks out of the courtroom and when Kim tries to console him afterwards he is completely normal and asks her if he was convincing enough to get his license back.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:06 pm 

chuck is why jimmy is "always down". that's a pretty easy one. it was on purpose that he chose not to mention him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 48  Next