It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1062 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: SNL
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Beardown wrote:
Biden spoke poorly.

He was simply saying that poor people don't have the internet.

Why couldn't he have simply said poor people then?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Biden spoke poorly.

White people aren't poor.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:06 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Biden spoke poorly.

He was simply saying that poor people don't have the internet. Which is true. So they have to find different ways to get a shot. It wasn't racist.

I tend to agree with that. The problem is I'm not sure how we trust the media or even how we can reasonably communicate when there are different standards based on nothing but preconceived feelings for people.

Do you think Trump was saying that Nazis are fine people? Here's the answer: He wasn't. But the media has stated over and over again that he was.

Should we take what people say at face value with no consideration for nuance or context, i.e. like Greg Brady and EXACT WORDS, or do we try to use our brains rather than rushing to condemn those we don't like or with whom we have general philosophical disagreement?

I really don't want to go down this rabbit hole, but it must be pointed out that one of trump's universally acknowledged traits is his ability to talk about certain issues like a mob boss when the heat may be on. He'll say just enough to get his people on his track and believing that they have his support. It makes the whole "exact words" defense as hollow as the argument that he wasn't/isn't a politician.

Universally acknowledged by whom?

Bdiden talks way more like a mob boss than Trump. You don't like that, Jack? You want schum? You want schum, fat?

The guy that ghost wrote his books, the highest ranked woman in the trump organization, his niece, many of his lawyers, all of whom have a far better insight into him than you ever will have. Not to mention the scores he defrauded over the last fifty years.

Not that you'll ever rationally acknowledge that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Biden spoke poorly.

He was simply saying that poor people don't have the internet. Which is true. So they have to find different ways to get a shot. It wasn't racist.

I tend to agree with that. The problem is I'm not sure how we trust the media or even how we can reasonably communicate when there are different standards based on nothing but preconceived feelings for people.

Do you think Trump was saying that Nazis are fine people? Here's the answer: He wasn't. But the media has stated over and over again that he was.

Should we take what people say at face value with no consideration for nuance or context, i.e. like Greg Brady and EXACT WORDS, or do we try to use our brains rather than rushing to condemn those we don't like or with whom we have general philosophical disagreement?

I really don't want to go down this rabbit hole, but it must be pointed out that one of trump's universally acknowledged traits is his ability to talk about certain issues like a mob boss when the heat may be on. He'll say just enough to get his people on his track and believing that they have his support. It makes the whole "exact words" defense as hollow as the argument that he wasn't/isn't a politician.

Bdiden talks way more like a mob boss than Trump. You don't like that, Jack? You want schum? You want schum, fat?

The guy that ghost wrote his books, the highest ranked woman in the trump organization, his niece, many of his lawyers, all of whom have a far better insight into him than you ever will have. Not to mention the scores he defrauded over the last fifty years.

He's a high profile guy. There are a lot of people who love him and a lot of people who hate him. You're just one of the latter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:06 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Biden spoke poorly.

He's a high profile guy. There are a lot of people who love him and a lot of people who hate him. You're just one of the latter.

And the people that despise that sonuvabitch have had valid reasons almost fifty years ago. Long before you were swayed by his b.s. and Twitter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
And the people that despise that sonuvabitch have had valid reasons almost fifty years ago. Long before you were swayed by his b.s. and Twitter.

My opinion of the guy has never changed. But it's very obvious that he was never widely despised until he had the audacity to throw a wrench into the coronation of a queen. If you don't think so we just have to agree to disagree.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:29 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

My opinion of the guy has never changed. But it's very obvious that he was never widely despised until he had the audacity to throw a wrench into the coronation of a queen. If you don't think so we just have to agree to disagree.

Widely? More than you are aware of. Not that you'd respect that. And you should face that reality. Respectfully.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:31 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Trump had racked up more than his share of enemies up through his TV show years. But it was interrupting the coronation that turned the elites against him for good.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Gotta laugh at racist GOPers calling Biden racist. That should make y’all like him more.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:49 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Biden spoke poorly.

The question was specifically about low rates of vaccination by minorities.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:50 pm 

DAC wrote:
Gotta laugh at racist GOPers calling Biden racist. That should make y’all like him more.

:lol: What a simpleton.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:18 pm 

I will say that musing "hey man, you ever notice all the commercials on TV are black guys and white women together? man that's great" is the kind of thing that people are going to notice now, and a lot those people won't think it's so great.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Widely? More than you are aware of. Not that you'd respect that. And you should face that reality. Respectfully.

I never remember you mentioning Donald Trump prior to 2015. Now he seems to be the most important factor in your life. Respectfully.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:56 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I will say that musing "hey man, you ever notice all the commercials on TV are black guys and white women together? man that's great" is the kind of thing that people are going to notice now, and a lot those people won't think it's so great.

It’s pandering of the highest order to point to this as progress. It’s so overdone and blatant that it’s nauseating. The ads are so woke now that seeing a white family is an outlier. These are just companies who want your money. This isn’t activism.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I find it amusing that apparently to ad people and or television creative people the only mixed race couples are black and white. God forbid there’s a Hispanic / black couple , an Asian / Hispanic couple , etc.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:03 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I never remember you mentioning Donald Trump prior to 2015. Now he seems to be the most important factor in your life. Respectfully.

One, prior to that point he was simply an irrelevant asshole unworthy of mention. Two, he's never been the most important factor of anything, but his bullshit idiot supporters are among the most disappointing factor in American daily life.

And lent proof of the assertion I made to you about a significant portion of the populace.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Curious Hair wrote:

I've noticed it for a while. I've also noticed the overwhelming majority of lesbian couples in commercials are people of color while the majority of gays are white.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:09 pm 

Franky T wrote:
I've also noticed the overwhelming majority of lesbian couples in commercials are people of color while the majority of gays are white.

Someone at the agency has a copy of Jason Goff's list of things brothers don't do.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:37 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Franky T wrote:
I've also noticed the overwhelming majority of lesbian couples in commercials are people of color while the majority of gays are white.

Someone at the agency has a copy of Jason Goff's list of things brothers don't do.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Biden spoke poorly.

I don't know. He should have just said that. He fucked up.

Biden isn't a good public speaker like Obama and Clinton.

But the bottom line is what he was trying to say. That the Government is going to try to help poor people get the vaccine. That was his message. And poor people should be happy that he cares about them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:31 am 

Beardown wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Biden spoke poorly.

But the bottom line is what he was trying to say. That the Government is going to try to help poor people get the vaccine. That was his message. And poor people should be happy that he cares about them.

Just to be clear, Biden didn't mess up. The question was about the low vaccination rates of minorities. His answer isn't going to be "Poor whites don't have accounts on Walgreens.com".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:38 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Biden spoke poorly.

Just to be clear, Biden didn't mess up. The question was about the low vaccination rates of minorities. His answer isn't going to be "Poor whites don't have accounts on Walgreens.com".

Right, but I think all Biden was saying is that it may not be so easy for some Americans to make appointments, etc. and an inordinate amount of them are brown and black. He just said it in his typically inarticulate way. The thing is he gets a pass for that while others are declared RACIST for similar language.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:45 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Right, but I think all Biden was saying is that it may not be so easy for some Americans to make appointments, etc. and an inordinate amount of them are brown and black. He just said it in his typically inarticulate way. The thing is he gets a pass for that while others are declared RACIST for similar language.
I think it's possible, but in general I think there is more of a racist tone to "Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done." rather than what Biden said.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
St. Vincent now looks like Shelly Long from the first season of Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:59 am 
Site Admin

Have any of the comedic geniuses on the show figured out a way to make fun of the most ridiculous president in American history yet?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Have any of the comedic geniuses on the show figured out a way to make fun of the most ridiculous president in American history yet?

They took care of that four years, two months plus ago.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

One, prior to that point he was simply an irrelevant asshole unworthy of mention. Two, he's never been the most important factor of anything, but his bullshit idiot supporters are among the most disappointing factor in American daily life.

And lent proof of the assertion I made to you about a significant portion of the populace.

This is why I love both you guys....you're both right, yet the debate continues :lol: . Don't stop now, boys!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:52 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

They used black stereotypes to call for more minorities to take the experimental COVID vaccine. It's a full on political show now.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:47 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
He mentioned DOGE and nothing happened. Ethereum is blowing up lately though.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
This is terrible so far.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1062 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next