It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Netflix Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Love, Death, and Robots Volume 2

Red Band Trailer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AUaXtfAFva8

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
very disappointed to see Jupiter's Legacy getting bad reviews. The comic series was really good.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Saw the first two episodes. Just okay. The damn kids have all these daddy issues. More action would improve it.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
DAC wrote:
The current season of Marcella is tough to watch. None of the characters are likable and it is far less entertaining than the first two seasons. I'll probably finish it but I hope it improves.

Just started this. Overly complicated and everybody is killing everybody. And that parka Marcella wears unzipped. It's like it's just a moment away from falling off. What's up with that?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
312player wrote:
Didn't want to but we started watching Serpent a few nights ago, gotta admit, pretty damn good. True story as well.

Binge watched it . Real good, Jena Coleman is easy to look at.
Plus I watched the Son of Sam Doc with the Maury Terry focus. If you get a chance.Read the book make sure you get the 3rd edition. He ties some things up. First time I read it I had trouble sleeping. It shows good ole Berkie was not working alone,plus it ties into Scientology and Manson.

Plus Shakes,the GOAT of Serial Killers is LISK,never caught.good body count active over a long period of time and across the country. Another one who is better than your pick is the freak in Chicago who is active right now who has killed close to 50 and not been caught

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
denisdman wrote:
Saw the first two episodes. Just okay. The damn kids have all these daddy issues. More action would improve it.

Almost done with this. It gets better and rises to 2.5 to 3.0 stars for me. Side note, I am not a fan of flashbacks, and the story is told in two general times periods. The older time period is way too slow and boring.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:59 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Nardi wrote:
DAC wrote:
The current season of Marcella is tough to watch. None of the characters are likable and it is far less entertaining than the first two seasons. I'll probably finish it but I hope it improves.

Just started this. Overly complicated and everybody is killing everybody. And that parka Marcella wears unzipped. It's like it's just a moment away from falling off. What's up with that?

The last couple episodes were pretty good. It's worth watching.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:52 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
shakes wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
shakes wrote:
If you don't watch Occupied, you're an idiot. Finished first 9 eps of season one and it's really really good.

If you can handle subtitles you've got no excuse not to watch this show.

Excellent excellent recommendation. Thanks!

nice, glad you watched it. Did you finish all 3 seasons? I'm halfway through season 2. I told my mom about the show and she plowed through all 3 seasons in a week or so. said it was great.

A couple episodes into Season 2. So so good.

Finally finished up Occupied series. Great series, the absolute very ending left a bitter taste in mouth. I don't like being lectured at when I'm watching TV.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:50 am 

Really good under the radar show on Netflix is Black Summer. Season 2 just released this week.

Very unique take on zombie genre as there is very little dialogue or character development. It is basically a show of people constantly on the run from very fast aggressive zombies. Everyone shoots like a stormtrooper and weapons are scarce. Takes place 6 weeks after the outbreak. Plot is everyone trying to get to the stadium downtown where there is a government evac center. 8 episodes long with the longest being 45 minutes. The finale itself is only 20 minutes.

Very good show. Just rewatched it and am now going to start on season2.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I'm looking for something funny to watch tonight. Is there anything new or something I should revisit on Netflix or HBO Max?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:59 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
blackhawksfan wrote:
I'm looking for something funny to watch tonight. Is there anything new or something I should revisit on Netflix or HBO Max?

You should probably update your passwords.

Check out Review - the series featuring Andy Daly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
blackhawksfan wrote:

A bit of a curveball but "Us" on the PBS app. Scenery throughout Europe is awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:20 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:

If you are a fan of Richard Ayoade's on-the-spectrum style of comedy, Travel Man is both incredibly funny and informative

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Gunpowder Milkshake-Where to start on this mess. Tries to be a combination girlpower version of John Wick with comedy. It just fails on so many levels.
Someone needs to tell Karen Gillian if she keeps on talking in that tone she uses in this and as Nebula it is gonna ruin her voice.

What they get wrong is as good as the protagonist in Wick are you always think the bad guys can get at him and there are good actors spread all around, not just on the "hero's" side. The fight scenes look okay but are silly as fuck.It's like a 60's comic book movie, I was waiting for the Pows and bamms from the old Batman TV show. There is only one male actor that I recognized and as usual he was great,Paul Giamatti. Only reason this thing got made was the me too shit. I would rather than them make a sequel to this make a sequel to Atomic Blonde.

2 out of 5 stars.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
blackhawksfan wrote:

Barry is pretty damn funny on HBO. The righteous gemstones too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:42 pm 

a buddy of mine told me I had to watch F1 Drive to Survive reality show on Netflix. I don't follow the sport so I was hesitant, but he said he recommended it to several people who don't follow race cars and they all loved it.

He was right. I made it through 2/3 seasons so far and it is fantastic. It's so good it made me want to start following the sport. I highly recommend.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:25 pm 

The Netflix teaser for American Vandal is funny as hell. The actual show though dies on the vine.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Blood Red Sky was a nice little horror movie.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods

McNulty lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:15 am 

found another excellent zombie show. This one is called Kingdom. It's a period zombie show set 100's of years ago in China. I just finished up the first season and it was really good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Rurouni Kenshin: The Beginning

This was pretty awesome. Now I'm going to go back and watch the first four. This 5th installment is an origin story, so it shouldn't screw up the viewing of the others.

Watched in the original Japanese with subtitles. It's the origin story of an assassin samurai.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
shakes wrote:
a buddy of mine told me I had to watch F1 Drive to Survive reality show on Netflix. I don't follow the sport so I was hesitant, but he said he recommended it to several people who don't follow race cars and they all loved it.

He was right. I made it through 2/3 seasons so far and it is fantastic. It's so good it made me want to start following the sport. I highly recommend.

I've heard the same thing from a couple different people.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:26 am 

DAC wrote:
shakes wrote:

It really is just about the best sports docu series I've ever seen. Can't recommend it highly enough.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:14 am 

shakes wrote:
DAC wrote:
shakes wrote:

It really is just about the best sports docu series I've ever seen. Can't recommend it highly enough.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:43 am 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
DAC wrote:
shakes wrote:

I thought about the Last Dance before I made that comment. This is better than the Last Dance. Both are amazing so it's splitting hairs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:05 am 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
DAC wrote:
shakes wrote:

I thought about the Last Dance before I made that comment. This is better than the Last Dance. Both are amazing so it's splitting hairs.

Then I'll check it out. But if you're wrong......

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:47 am 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
DAC wrote:
shakes wrote:

Then I'll check it out. But if you're wrong......

You might come back here and say I was wrong for saying it is better than Last Dance, but you won't come back here saying you didn't love it.

It's really good. I didn't know a single thing about F1, didn't even know who Lewis Hamilton was. But you really learn about it quick on the show and now I want to follow the sport.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:42 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
shakes wrote:
It's really good. I didn't know a single thing about F1, didn't even know who Lewis Hamilton was. But you really learn about it quick on the show and now I want to follow the sport.

I would be curious to hear what you think if you watch some races. 2014 to the present is probably the worst period in F1 history so I'm curious if someone coming from the show finds it entertaining.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:58 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
shakes wrote:

I would be curious to hear what you think if you watch some races. 2014 to the present is probably the worst period in F1 history so I'm curious if someone coming from the show finds it entertaining.

Is that because of the Mercedes domination? I could see that it would be a little boring if every week the same guy is always at the top.

I was thinking of watching the races, but I probably won't because I really like watching the show and not knowing what is going to happen. There was that massive crash last year with Grosjean and I was on the edge of my seat.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
shakes wrote:
Is that because of the Mercedes domination? I could see that it would be a little boring if every week the same guy is always at the top.

I was thinking of watching the races, but I probably won't because I really like watching the show and not knowing what is going to happen. There was that massive crash last year with Grosjean and I was on the edge of my seat.

Yes Mercedes was so far ahead of everyone else in power and reliability it really killed the show. There had been dominant cars before but the reliability was a lot worse so often times the best car wouldn't win. Mercedes didn't help matters by not giving Hamilton a teammate that could compete with him. Rosberg was pretty good but Bottas has been a disaster.

Yes the Grosjean crash was a bad one. He is racing in Indycar now. The mortality rate in the 60s and 70s was ridiculous...they would lose a driver or two every season.

This season has been better as the Honda is finally powerful enough to allow Red Bull to challenge Mercedes. Red Bull has always had the advantage in aero but they didn't have enough power to really challenge them. Verstappen is probably the best driver in the series but they have had bad luck which I'm sure you'll see on the show. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next