It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO Westworld
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:59 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
With William and Dolores coming across the buried town, I'm not sold on the two timeline, William is MiB theory anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:18 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Just read a bit of her bio...Thandie Newton is 43 and has had 4 kids...some good genetics right there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
GoldenJet wrote:
With William and Dolores coming across the buried town, I'm not sold on the two timeline, William is MiB theory anymore.

Did Dolores and William really come across the buried town though? Dolores is breaking down. She's having trouble knowing what is happening now and what is a memory. For example, when she fills the canteen she turns around and William and the dying guy are not there. Then they suddenly appear. I believe in the present Dolores is alone at the same place she went with William years earlier.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I think there are 3 loops.

And Ford is a robot too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:57 am 
Site Admin

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
And Ford is a robot too.

I think that is a definite possibility. Perhaps he is Arnold's creation that turned on his maker.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Don't overthink it. Just go with it.

:lol: OK. Point taken.

I feel like "just going with it" would be what it's like to take cocaine.

I've been following this thread and I read one post show review online each week, but other than that I have just been going the "cocaine"
route and just enjoying the ride and the show has surpassed my expectations. i know a lot of people on this board were skeptical
about how this was going to be, but It's been refreshing and thought provoking for me. Not only the show but the whole concept
and idea of the park and artificial intelligence has been fun. I'll go back and re-watch the entire thing again this winter but I am just
trying to enjoy it at a pretty high level this first time around. I was going to try to get my wife to watch it with me on my 2nd turn
so I could help answer questions for her when they came up, but I am not sure she will have much interest in the series.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Do you think William is now and MiB is in the past?

Because they are obviously in different times. Angela confirms that I think.

Unless there are multiples of the same hosts.

I think William and MIB are both from the present. MIB can't be from the past since he met up with old man Ford at a bar. William can't be MIB because William knows about the maze whereas MIB just learned about it. I don't think William is from the past because the church steeple is burned and the town is buried when he gets there.

What evidence has there been that William and MIB are from different time lines? If its out there, I've missed it. Which wouldn't be crazy cause this show is nuts.

I'm not sold on Felix and the other tech being robots just cause he was able to heal him with that gun thingie. Its the future, that could be how people are healed. Remember, they're made of the same material as humans so if it fixed an android it could also heal a human.

What makes you think MiB just learned about the maze? It seems like he's been trying to figure shit out for a long time and got really serious after his wife killed herself.

Could've sworn we've seen him discover the existence of the maze this season. Also, didn't he say this week he didn't start looking for the deeper game until a year ago when his wife died?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:10 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

Did Dolores and William really come across the buried town though? Dolores is breaking down. She's having trouble knowing what is happening now and what is a memory. For example, when she fills the canteen she turns around and William and the dying guy are not there. Then they suddenly appear. I believe in the present Dolores is alone at the same place she went with William years earlier.

They showed William walking through the buried town. Also, the times Delores sees a different time line William is no longer there, but when she goes back to William's timeline the town is buried.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:11 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
And Ford is a robot too.

I think that is a definite possibility. Perhaps he is Arnold's creation that turned on his maker.

There is 0% chance that Ford is a robot. Just like there was 0% chance that Bernard is human.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
shakes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
And Ford is a robot too.

There is 0% chance that Ford is a robot. Just like there was 0% chance that Bernard is human.

Just like there is a 100% chance MiB is William.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
And Ford is a robot too.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:53 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
And Ford is a robot too.

I'd put that number closer to 15%

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:54 pm 

shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
And Ford is a robot too.

They've done everything except have MiB say "My name is William" to convince us of it, so I'm gonna be a bit shocked if it turns out to be a red herring.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

Do you guys have empathy for the robots? Personally, I don't care if Maeve or Dolores "die". They're just machines that can be rebooted regardless of how sentient they are becoming. The only two times I've felt emotion regarding a robot is when Clem was getting beaten and when Bernard was anguishing over killing Theresa. That's one of the problems with the show. The stakes just aren't that high.

I'm reminded of a Marvel character I never really liked, the Vision. I had an old issue of The Avengers where Vision joined the group. Ambiguously gay pals Iron Man and Thor were dead set against letting an android in, but Cap was in Vision's corner and argued to allow him. When they finally told him they had decided to let him join the group, a tear rolled down Vision's cheek and the caption on the last panel was, "Even an android can cry."

But fuck that robot. As far as I'm concerned he was just a dildo for the Scarlet Witch.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:10 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Do you guys have empathy for the robots?

A little bit, especially Maeve and Dolores when they seem to be gaining sentience. However, I could see the empathy wearing out quickly if you were actually at this theme park. We already see it with William. He felt terrible for the old man who fell off his horse earlier, but in the latest episode he didn't give a fuck about the dying guy asking for water, and seemed thoroughly annoyed with giving his canteen to Dolores for him. And then he most likely killed the guy when she was gone.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Do you guys have empathy for the robots?

A little bit, especially Maeve and Dolores when they seem to be gaining sentience. However, I could see the empathy wearing out quickly if you were actually at this theme park. We already see it with William. He felt terrible for the old man who fell off his horse earlier, but in the latest episode he didn't give a fuck about the dying guy asking for water, and seemed thoroughly annoyed with giving his canteen to Dolores for him. And then he most likely killed the guy when she was gone.

I thought he killed the guy too, but then I rewatched the scene yesterday and the soldier was awake when Delores returned with the canteen and then died 2 seconds later.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
And Ford is a robot too.

They've done everything except have MiB say "My name is William" to convince us of it, so I'm gonna be a bit shocked if it turns out to be a red herring.

What have they done other than MIB getting married 30 years ago and William having a fiancee back home?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

shakes wrote:
What have they done other than MIB getting married 30 years ago and William having a fiancee back home?

When William and Logan first arrive at the complex there is an old school logo at the welcome center.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:35 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

When William and Logan first arrive at the complex there is an old school logo at the welcome center.

That, and William and MiB both say "This place reveals your true self" in the show. MiB says in some ways he was born at Westworld. That would seem to fit in with William. He's a good guy and picks the white hat when he comes to the park, and it hasn't taken long for that hat to get dusty enough to turn gray already. Comments by MiB like "I thought they retired you" seem to at least confirm that multiple timelines are in place regardless of who MiB is too.

Also, the knife William carries and the knife MiB threatened Ford with are almost exactly alike.

It's possible that all of this shit is just meant as misdirection, but I'm starting to doubt it.

MiB = William

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

Damn, I wish I didn't delete all the episodes. This is definitely a show that would be great to watch over again once you know what to look for.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:41 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

That, and William and MiB both say "This place reveals your true self" in the show. MiB says in some ways he was born at Westworld. That would seem to fit in with William. He's a good guy and picks the white hat when he comes to the park, and it hasn't taken long for that hat to get dusty enough to turn gray already. Comments by MiB like "I thought they retired you" seem to at least confirm that multiple timelines are in place regardless of who MiB is too.

Also, the knife William carries and the knife MiB threatened Ford with are almost exactly alike.

It's possible that all of this shit is just meant as misdirection, but I'm starting to doubt it.

MiB = William

Them saying the same thing is good evidence. Not sure on the rest. Saying to that robot that he thought they retired her could simply mean that he hasn't seen her onset for a while (he's been going there for 30 years). As for the knife, I doubt MIB would be using the same knife for 30 years. He uses it a lot, I doubt it would last that long.

The narrative of MIB= William sure makes a lot of sense artistically, but I'm not seeing the same level of convincing evidence that you guys are.

I'm also stuck on William being in the present since the town is buried. I thought the park was only about 30-35 years old? Why would the town already be buried 30 years ago and still be buried today? Remember, Ford went tothe buried town as well.

Also, its not very likely that a junior account executive would go from that to billionaire titan of industry in 30 years. But that said, the woman back home...is that the boss's daughter? That could lead to him being the boss. I guess another theory is that we're supposed to assume that Westworld turned William from a beta to an Alpha?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
They thought they had OJ's knife too.

OF course Ford is a robot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
So Bernarnold is true.

Elsie is dead.

There aren't just 2 timelines, but 3 or 4.

I'm so confused.

Season finale next week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:40 am 

Best episode so far. William = MiB all but confirmed, and fuck did he go nuts. I actually felt bad for Logan. Ford is a great villain. This is one humdinger of a story, partner.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:45 am 

ok, I acknowledge that William timeline is in the past, photo put any doubt I had to rest.

But, are you guys sure that MIB is William and not Logan? Delores cut Logan on the left side of the face and MIB has what appears to be a scar there.

I have a question about the timelines and the church town. Church town was built 35 years ago, but something happened and the church was burnt and the town was buried sometime soon after that since the town was buried 30 years ago. And now, in the present, its been unburied by Ford for his new narrative. So my questions is, have they showed why the town was buried or have they alluded to the reason?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:48 am 

Is the town in the sand also Escalante?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:52 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

I don't know the names of the towns, what town is Escalante?

Here is a questions that people seem to gloss over. If William = MIB then why does MIB rape Delores?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:54 am 

Here's a pretty good accounting of the timelines from Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comm ... _timeline/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:58 am 

shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I don't know the names of the towns, what town is Escalante?

Escalante is the town where Teddy massacres all of the people. I believe it is the same town as the town with the white church.

We also saw a few episodes back Dolores killing herself. In light of how last night's episode ended, I don't think it's a stretch to assume Ford had Dolores kill Arnold and all the other hosts who found their way to the center of the maze. And then he had her kill herself.

shakes wrote:
Here is a questions that people seem to gloss over. If William = MIB then why does MIB rape Delores?

Is that what happens? We never see.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:20 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
Just read a bit of her bio...Thandie Newton is 43 and has had 4 kids...some good genetics right there.

wondering why they would have designed their robots with bushy pubes. Wasn't the trimmed look starting to become en vogue back in '86?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next