It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO Westworld
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:31 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Do you guys have empathy for the robots? Personally, I don't care if Maeve or Dolores "die". They're just machines that can be rebooted regardless of how sentient they are becoming. The only two times I've felt emotion regarding a robot is when Clem was getting beaten and when Bernard was anguishing over killing Theresa. That's one of the problems with the show. The stakes just aren't that high..

zero

William's future brother in law is the only sane person in this whole story.

I felt really bad when he stabbed the prospector in the hand when the prospector tried to get them to follow a boring story line. Then I realized the prospector didn't feel that pain, he was imitating the gesticulations he computed were the result of a human feeling pain.

But, this is show is more allegory than true story so I am willing to play along

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Just read a bit of her bio...Thandie Newton is 43 and has had 4 kids...some good genetics right there.

wondering why they would have designed their robots with bushy pubes. Wasn't the trimmed look starting to become en vogue back in '86?

It's the Old West, dude! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Is the town in the sand also Escalante?

I don't know the names of the towns, what town is Escalante?

Escalante is the town where Teddy massacres all of the people. I believe it is the same town as the town with the white church.

We also saw a few episodes back Dolores killing herself. In light of how last night's episode ended, I don't think it's a stretch to assume Ford had Dolores kill Arnold and all the other hosts who found their way to the center of the maze. And then he had her kill herself.

shakes wrote:
Here is a questions that people seem to gloss over. If William = MIB then why does MIB rape Delores?

Is that what happens? We never see.

There's a theory that he was trying to trigger the emotion in Dolores thst he saw in Maeve when he killed her daughter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
We never see him rape Dolores, and I believe he either scalped her or did some other type of interrogation when he took her in the barn.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

Also, was that a different version of Armistice glitching in the church?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:41 pm 

So what's going on with Budget Matt Damon? Looks like he might be in some deep shit last we saw.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:14 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Just read a bit of her bio...Thandie Newton is 43 and has had 4 kids...some good genetics right there.

wondering why they would have designed their robots with bushy pubes. Wasn't the trimmed look starting to become en vogue back in '86?

I promise you sex tourists aren't plunking down 40k a week to be with robot prostitiutes who have an authentic Wild West prostitute smell so authenticity is not the top priority

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
So what's going on with Budget Matt Damon? Looks like he might be in some deep shit last we saw.

Yeah the Daniel Baldwin of the Hemsworth clan might get scalped.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:39 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I promise you sex tourists aren't plunking down 40k a week to be with robot prostitiutes who have an authentic Wild West prostitute smell so authenticity is not the top priority

Westworld is not a farb theme park!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Here's a pretty good accounting of the timelines from Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comm ... _timeline/

I'm guessing William kills Logan and says/makes it appear that a malfunctioning host did it. Of course, Logan's dad is going to sue the shit out of Westworld, but William convinces him of the value of the park and the dad's company takes control in a huge settlement. William marries the daughter. When it turns out the park is a huge success, William moves up in the company. Maybe the old man dies and he is in charge.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I might have to give this show a go when the season ends, pull a marathon. It seemed like everybody was talking about the nudity as if that qualified the show as a must watch, but everybody seems to find the show riveting...at least, nobody mentions the nudity anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:21 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

It did pivot Dr. Ford to the villain role.

I'm not so sure it did.

Let's revisit this.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
City of Fools wrote:
I might have to give this show a go when the season ends, pull a marathon. It seemed like everybody was talking about the nudity as if that qualified the show as a must watch, but everybody seems to find the show riveting...at least, nobody mentions the nudity anymore.

Worth watching for sure. I am not crazy for it, but it is entertaining. I think they are over complicating it in what appears to be multiple time lines. If the ending wraps it all up nice and neat, then I am ok with that. But more times than not we end up with some gobbled, confusing ending where everyone disagrees about what actually happened.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:27 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!

Teddy and William are wearing the same outfit. Maybe Teddy is William reliving his trip with Dolores forever.

It would kind of makes sense the way that MIB always seems so disgusted with Teddy's actions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:27 pm 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

It did pivot Dr. Ford to the villain role.

I'm not so sure it did.

Let's revisit this.

:D

Yeah, well it looks that way now. I'm still not sure Ford is human.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Teddy and William are wearing the same outfit. Maybe Teddy is William reliving his trip with Dolores forever.

It would kind of makes sense the way that MIB always seems so disgusted with Teddy's actions.

What do you mean? That Ford gave Teddy a story line to mock William/MiB? That does seem like something Ford would do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:37 pm 

This kind of hard for me to buy though. If Ford wanted to do something like that, he could easily make Ted look exactly like William. They don't really look similar though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:56 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Here's a pretty good accounting of the timelines from Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comm ... _timeline/

I'm guessing William kills Logan and says/makes it appear that a malfunctioning host did it. Of course, Logan's dad is going to sue the shit out of Westworld, but William convinces him of the value of the park and the dad's company takes control in a huge settlement. William marries the daughter. When it turns out the park is a huge success, William moves up in the company. Maybe the old man dies and he is in charge.

and his wife lives a life of frustration over not being able to match up to the robot in the theme park he goes to visit every year

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Terry's Peeps wrote:
shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Escalante is the town where Teddy massacres all of the people. I believe it is the same town as the town with the white church.

We also saw a few episodes back Dolores killing herself. In light of how last night's episode ended, I don't think it's a stretch to assume Ford had Dolores kill Arnold and all the other hosts who found their way to the center of the maze. And then he had her kill herself.

shakes wrote:
Here is a questions that people seem to gloss over. If William = MIB then why does MIB rape Delores?

That maze theory seems to be what's going to happen next week.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

SpiralStairs wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

shakes wrote:

That maze theory seems to be what's going to happen next week.

I just rewatched "Trace Decay" and I got the impression the MiB dragged Dolores off purposely so Teddy would see him do it and it would have the effect it did.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:19 am 

I was rewatching some of the episodes. Episode three is really interesting with what we know now. It makes William look like Wyatt completely. He talks about how "Wyatt went out and came back with some strange ideas, talking about how it wasn't the old or the new but something differerent" or something like that. Sounds similar to William talking to Logan about Dolores. The episode also shows Wyatt gunning down an entire town and it looks extremely similar to William at this latest episode.

Maybe Logan is MiB. Maybe William still is. Not sure but it looks like Ford's Wyatt/Teddy scenario may be based on what William and Logan went through.

Also, Bernard is dressed in all black in episode three while talking to Dolores. Given the multiple timeline theory, it's Arnold on those scenes and not a host of Bernard.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:27 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
I was rewatching some of the episodes. Episode three is really interesting with what we know now. It makes William look like Wyatt completely. He talks about how "Wyatt went out and came back with some strange ideas, talking about how it wasn't the old or the new but something differerent" or something like that. Sounds similar to William talking to Logan about Dolores. The episode also shows Wyatt gunning down an entire town and it looks extremely similar to William at this latest episode.

Maybe Logan is MiB. Maybe William still is. Not sure but it looks like Ford's Wyatt/Teddy scenario may be based on what William and Logan went through.

Also, Bernard is dressed in all black in episode three while talking to Dolores. Given the multiple timeline theory, it's Arnold on those scenes and not a host of Bernard.

I think it's possible that Dolores is Wyatt. Remember, she is the oldest robot in the park. Maybe her guts were in Wyatt when he went haywire and Arnold brought Wyatt back into the shop and re-purposed him as Dolores. The flashbacks are somewhat confusing since we don't know when this stuff was occurring. Could it be possible that Dolores is flashing back to when she was Wyatt?

This show has me thinking about my own "loops". If you think about the things most of us do everyday, much of it is almost as if we are on rails. It's kind of depressing. Maybe I'll break out of my loop today and go post at redacted.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
This kind of hard for me to buy though. If Ford wanted to do something like that, he could easily make Ted look exactly like William. They don't really look similar though.

Bill and Ted? Sounds like a great pairing for season two.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:58 am 

FavreFan wrote:

I think Teddy is Wyatt. When Angela stabs him, she says something like "You're not ready. Maybe next time." And then she kills him. We see him shooting up the town and murdering everyone.

And yes we're supposed to understand given the events of last week that Dolores was talking to Arnold in those instances. It should've been more apparent in episode 4 when "Bernard" tells Dolores about the maze.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:58 pm 

Yes

Yes

1000 times yes

Can't wait for season 2.

JORR was right after all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:03 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Samurai World? I'm in! We will still never find out who was in the secret lab being made by Ford.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:38 am 

Crazy finale. What a great show. One of the few times the critics are wrong and the general public is right.

So did Ford create a host version of himself to give that speech and get killed or is Hopkins gone? Still want to know what happened to Stubbs and MiB. Can't wait for season 2.

What the fuck happened to Logan? They should've at least answered that, even if it will eventually be answered next season.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:44 am 

shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
And Ford is a robot too.

I think that is a definite possibility. Perhaps he is Arnold's creation that turned on his maker.

There is 0% chance that Ford is a robot. Just like there was 0% chance that Bernard is human.

Just like there is a 100% chance MiB is William.

I'd put that number closer to 15%

Oh really? :D

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The show should end there. Anything subsequent will just be fluff and circular. I like the way they wrapped it up, but I think I need to watch the entire season again to appreciate everything that happened.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
The show should end there. Anything subsequent will just be fluff and circular. I like the way they wrapped it up, but I think I need to watch the entire season again to appreciate everything that happened.

Supposedly, they had 5 seasons mapped out before they launched this one.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next