It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roadies on Showtime
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Cameron Crowe & JJ Abrams produced...

Even with Luke Wilson involved, the show was pretty solid. Good supporting cast. 10 episodes. Seems pretty well worth it.

Post subject: Re: Roadies on Showtime
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:17 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
I was stuck on the plane for 10 hours with Roadies being the only option to watch and I couldn't bring myself to finish an episode. Too slow and boring.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Carmen Appice's 'Stick It' is one story of degenerate groupie sex after another. And they all end with the roadies doing disgusting things to the groupies while, apparently, Appice watched and took notes.

Appice did say that when on tour with Rod Stewart in the early 80's, someone heard him telling these amazing/awful stories and they suggested Appice get em down on tape. He had maybe 12 tapes worth of stories back then. I think only 8 of em survived.

Appice sharing a house in LA with Prince before Prince was Prince is hilarious stuff.

Quote:
He ran with teenage gangs in Brooklyn before becoming a global rock star in the Summer of Love. He was managed by the mob, hung with Hendrix, trashed thousands of hotel rooms, unwittingly paid for an unknown Led Zeppelin to support him on tour, taught John Bonham (as well as Fred Astaire) a thing or two about drumming, and took part in Zeppelin’s infamous deflowering of a groupie with a mud shark. After enrolling in Rod Stewart’s Sex Police, he hung out with Kojak, accidentally shared a house with Prince, became blood brothers with Ozzy Osbourne, and got fired by Sharon. He formed an all-blond hair metal band, jammed with John McEnroe and Steven Seagal, became a megastar in Japan, got married five times, slept with 4,500 groupies—and, along the way, became a rock legend by single-handedly reinventing hard rock and heavy metal drumming.

Carmine Appice has enjoyed a jaw-dropping rock-and-roll life—and here he is telling his scarcely believable story. Cowritten with Ian Gittins, the coauthor with Nikki Sixx of the New York Times bestseller The Heroin Diaries, Stick It! is one of the most extraordinary and outrageous rock-and-roll biographies of our time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I don't have Showtime but I caught this at a friend's house last night. I thought that first episode played like a regular network show. And the manic pixie dreamgirl is an overdone trope.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
God is this show awful. Overacted, uninteresting characters and plot. Crowe needs to stop trying to rewrite Almost Famous. Only thing worse this weekend was Jeff Garlin during the Cubs game.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:29 am 

Yeah not good. Watched about 20 minutes of the pilot. The shit I took this morning was more insightful than this dreck. It's a show for emotionally stunted artsy childless couples and pretentious douchebag "musicians" who play in weekend warrior bands.