It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suicide Squad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I don't think Disney would ever have the cajones to make a movie like Deadpool. I'm still surprised Fox let it happen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Colonel Angus wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
shakes wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Deadpool might be the best marvel universe movie released.

No

It's top 5 for me.

Captain America: Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Deadpool
Ant Man
The Avengers

Deadpool isn't part of the MCU...

...yet.

That's why we didn't say Marvel Cinematic Universe. :D

We were including X-Men movies as well

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:21 pm 

"Captain America"...

with Reb Brown.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The more I think about the movie, the worse it gets. Need to stop thinking about it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
KDdidit wrote:
The more I think about the movie, the worse it gets. Need to stop thinking about it.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
KDdidit wrote:

Don't worry, that just means you are smarter than the average idiot release day fanboy. The thrill of being surrounded by other idiots who spent 2+ hours successfully convincing themselves that they didn't just waste 2 hours and $20 is starting to wear off now that you are no longer in that cocoon. Now you are starting to actually think about the movie and you are realizing just how shitty it really was.

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. maybe next time you'll remember this experience and not drop $20 to sit in a packed theatre and watch Justice League. Lipid is not so lucky, he is destined to be that idiot time and time again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:45 pm 

I also think the fanboys share a lot of the blame for these movies sucking so much. Stop blindly giving them money release weekend and maybe just maybe the studios will respond by actully trying to make a better product. I call this the "white sox fan" strategy. Its the reason the Sox have a recent WS title and the Cubs don't. Unlike the Cubs, Sox actually felt pressure to succeed since no one follows them when they suck and as a result they actually worked to put a good product on the field.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:46 pm 

This is rich coming from the guy who defended X-Men 3.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Douchebag wrote:

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:49 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
DID. NOT. HAPPEN.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:52 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
DID. NOT. HAPPEN.

:lol:

Brick finally coming to my rescue! Bout time!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:53 pm 

I meant the movie.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:53 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
DID. NOT. HAPPEN.

Did. Happen.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:58 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
DID. NOT. HAPPEN.

Did. Happen.

...........not.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:00 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I meant the movie.

Oh it happened. It sucked, but it happened.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:12 pm 

I still liked Suicide Squad.

Idk how Shakes can feel so strongly about a film he hasn't seen.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:24 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
I still liked Suicide Squad.

Idk how Shakes can feel so strongly about a film he hasn't seen.

I'll see it eventually, but I don't really need to to know how shitty it is. The re-shoots after BvS got slammed should've been a good indication the movie would suck.

I blasted BvS for months before seeing it and when I finally did it was even worse than I expected.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:26 pm 

Isn't that a self fulfilling prophecy tho?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:30 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

I figured that would be the response. I actually expected to like BvS more than the critics based on my thoughts on the last Superman movie. Was surprised to see that it was actually worse than the critics let on.

This one I expect will be almost unwatchable, but Ill give it a shot when it hits HBO.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:32 pm 

Shit that supposedly got cut/changed from the final release

Code:
-A love triangle between Deadshot, Harley Quinn and Joker that was scrapped in favor of a relationship between Joker and Harley and a friendship between Deadshot and her

-In early cuts, the movie opened with June Moon being possessed by the Enchantress. After reshoots, this was replaced by Deadshot's introduction, and the Enchantress' possession was reshuffled to later in the movie as a flashback.

-Extended Batmobile chase scene with more interaction between Joker and Harley, including Harley joking "I hope you have insurance" and Joker punching the roof of his car.

-Deadshot in his cell, reminiscing about his daughter.

-El Diablo in his cell, contemplating his life choices while observing a lit match, which he then blows out.

-El Diablo using his powers in his containment unit.

-Reportedly more racist and sexist remarks by Boomerang. His encounter with the Flash was added in reshoots, using available footage from the original version in which he is captured by the police. Jai Courtney and Ezra Miller were never on set together.

-Reportedly more on Killer Croc's traumatic childhood as a social outcast, his aspirations to seize control of Gotham's criminal underworld, his past history with Batman while working as a hired muscle for other mobsters and his talent to create kitty sculptures.

-Croc throwing up half-digest pieces of goat meat on the helicopter ride to Midway City to the disgust of the nearby Navy Seals.

-Reportedly a brief line establishing Slipknot as a serial rapist.

-More scenes of Rick Flag and June Moon's relationship, including him talking to her about the members of the Suicide Squad.

-Extended version of Joker interrogating Captain Griggs, including the line "I can't wait to show you my toys", which was removed from the movie.

-Extended version of the Joker and his men attacking the nanobomb facility and killing the scientists.

-Harley using her baseball bat at a mock rifle.

-Harley intercepts the Joker and his men after they shoot up a restaurant. Joker bangs his head against the window in frustration. Leads directly into Harley pointing a gun at the Joker's head. He urges her to fire, but she doesn't, so The Joker slaps Harley, then charms her again and they make up.

-Extended version of the Enchantress confronting Waller at the war room, including the line "let's do something fun", which was removed from the movie.

-Reportedly extended interactions between Harley and Boomerang, whom Harley can't stand.

-Extended version of Joker and Harley at Ace Chemicals before Harley jumps into the vat of chemicals. Adds more dialogue.

-Extended version of the helicopter rescue where Joker and Harley argue. Reportedly, in early cuts he pushes her out of the helicopter out of cruelty, and after reshoots he does it to protect her from the impending crash.

-Extended version of the Suicide Squad at the bar, with Harley serving everyone drinks. Deadshot drinks vodka, Katana drinks whisky, Croc and Boomer drink beer and Diablo settles for water, which Harley believes is a good idea. In the final cut the scene cuts directly to Deadshot's speech about almost pulling it off.

-Katana trapping souls ahead of the final battle.

-Katana's eyes becoming white. Context is unknown.

-Croc attacking Katana in the subway. Context is unknown.

-Brief moment of Boomerang stopping after running away from the bar, realizing he needs to help and going back.

-The Joker intercepts and confronts the squad on the subway to get Harley back. Reportedly leads to a shootout between Deadshot and Joker where Deadshot spares Joker out of respect for Harley. She decides not to go with Joker and he escapes on his own, leaving the others to die.

-The stinger featuring Bruce Wayne was also added in reshoots.

A lot of those were in previews. Explains why a lot of stuff was explained twice (or not at all) in the movie and why it was extremely disjointed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:46 pm 

At the end of the day most critics are going to tear apart almost every summer blockbuster because it doesn't meet their expectations for a quality film. You'll get the rare exception like Fury Road and MI:5 last year, but for the most part serious critics rate summer movies lower.

Like I said before, I don't judge these films like I do Oscar season movies. May, June, July, August is entertainment season. I don't go to the movies with my wife during the summer to search for epiphanies, or be wowed by an actor's performance. We just go to be entertained. $20 isn't a lot of money to find out you don't like a movie.

I grew up reading X-Men more than anything until about 1997 or so. That being said, I'm happy to see any comic book movie with today's movie technology. Shakes, I can't tell if you're just trying to take x-Men's side like this is some grade school argument, or you genuinely dislike comic book movies.

Last edited by Jbi11s on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:53 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

Code:
-A love triangle between Deadshot, Harley Quinn and Joker that was scrapped in favor of a relationship between Joker and Harley and a friendship between Deadshot and her

-In early cuts, the movie opened with June Moon being possessed by the Enchantress. After reshoots, this was replaced by Deadshot's introduction, and the Enchantress' possession was reshuffled to later in the movie as a flashback.

-Extended Batmobile chase scene with more interaction between Joker and Harley, including Harley joking "I hope you have insurance" and Joker punching the roof of his car.

-El Diablo in his cell, contemplating his life choices while observing a lit match, which he then blows out.

-Reportedly more racist and sexist remarks by Boomerang. His encounter with the Flash was added in reshoots, using available footage from the original version in which he is captured by the police. Jai Courtney and Ezra Miller were never on set together.

-Reportedly more on Killer Croc's traumatic childhood as a social outcast, his aspirations to seize control of Gotham's criminal underworld, his past history with Batman while working as a hired muscle for other mobsters and his talent to create kitty sculptures.

-Croc throwing up half-digest pieces of goat meat on the helicopter ride to Midway City to the disgust of the nearby Navy Seals.

-More scenes of Rick Flag and June Moon's relationship, including him talking to her about the members of the Suicide Squad.

-Extended version of Joker interrogating Captain Griggs, including the line "I can't wait to show you my toys", which was removed from the movie.

-Extended version of the Joker and his men attacking the nanobomb facility and killing the scientists.

-Harley intercepts the Joker and his men after they shoot up a restaurant. Joker bangs his head against the window in frustration. Leads directly into Harley pointing a gun at the Joker's head. He urges her to fire, but she doesn't, so The Joker slaps Harley, then charms her again and they make up.

-Extended version of the Enchantress confronting Waller at the war room, including the line "let's do something fun", which was removed from the movie.

-Reportedly extended interactions between Harley and Boomerang, whom Harley can't stand.

-Extended version of Joker and Harley at Ace Chemicals before Harley jumps into the vat of chemicals. Adds more dialogue.

-Extended version of the helicopter rescue where Joker and Harley argue. Reportedly, in early cuts he pushes her out of the helicopter out of cruelty, and after reshoots he does it to protect her from the impending crash.

-Extended version of the Suicide Squad at the bar, with Harley serving everyone drinks. Deadshot drinks vodka, Katana drinks whisky, Croc and Boomer drink beer and Diablo settles for water, which Harley believes is a good idea. In the final cut the scene cuts directly to Deadshot's speech about almost pulling it off.

-Brief moment of Boomerang stopping after running away from the bar, realizing he needs to help and going back.

-The Joker intercepts and confronts the squad on the subway to get Harley back. Reportedly leads to a shootout between Deadshot and Joker where Deadshot spares Joker out of respect for Harley. She decides not to go with Joker and he escapes on his own, leaving the others to die.

A lot of those were in previews. Explains why a lot of stuff was explained twice (or not at all) in the movie and why it was extremely disjointed.

Yes, if true, these scenes would have added more depth to the film. I want to know more about the re shoots. I still enjoyed the film, but if I were Jared Leto I'd be fucking livid at how much my character was cut.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:58 pm 

shakes wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I figured that would be the response. I actually expected to like BvS more than the critics based on my thoughts on the last Superman movie. Was surprised to see that it was actually worse than the critics let on.

This one I expect will be almost unwatchable, but Ill give it a shot when it hits HBO.

How did you blast BvS for months before seeing it, but also expect to like it more than the critics?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:06 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
I still enjoyed the film, but if I were Jared Leto I'd be fucking livid at how much my character was cut.

Sounds like a chicken or egg problem. Did they cut so much Joker from the film because they thought Leto sucked, or did it look like he sucked because they cut so much of him from the film.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:08 pm 

A riddle we may never solve.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Jbi11s wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Code:

Yes, if true, these scenes would have added more depth to the film. I want to know more about the re shoots. I still enjoyed the film, but if I were Jared Leto I'd be fucking livid at how much my character was cut.

Warner can't just let the directors do what they want to do, to much interference and nutty changes, they get spooked and rush to change things I'm reaction to other movies.

BvS was a miscut mess but the real cut was an actual decent film. I'm sure the actual cut will get spliced together soon after this gets released to home video.

I'm holding out hope for Wonder Woman and I'm hopefully that Affects Batman will be good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:22 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
I'm sure the actual cut will get spliced together soon after this gets released to home video.

Sounds like the director is falling on his sword to not give that impression, that these were his decisions and not the studio's.

David Ayer wrote:
"But this cut of the movie is my cut, there’s no sort of parallel universe version of the movie, the released movie is my cut. And that’s one of the toughest things about writing, shooting, and directing a film, is you end up with these orphans and you fucking love them and you think they’d be amazing scenes and do these amazing things but the film is a dictatorship (laughs), not a democracy, and just because something’s cool and charismatic doesn’t mean it gets to survive in the final cut. The flow of the movie is the highest master.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:51 pm 

I saw it this weekend and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure what the critics are complaining about.

Jared Leto's Joker is entirely derivative of Heath Ledger's.

Margot Robbie needs to hire a speech coach. Apparently the only way she can disguise an Australian accent is through a New Jersey accent.

I loved that Enchantress. I wish they didn't bother with her stupid brother as a character. She could hold the movie herself.

The movie storyline and scenery had a lot of similarities to the original ghostbusters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
good dolphin wrote:

Margot Robbie needs to hire a speech coach. Apparently the only way she can disguise an Australian accent is through a New Jersey accent.

No, that's the accent she's supposed to use for the part.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:57 pm 

I barely noticed her accent until the bar scene, then she turned it up to 11 billion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next