It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Supernatural
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I assumed this was a typical crap CW show. Once I saw some of our esteemed posters watch it, I gave the pilot a spin on Netflix. I liked it a lot. Now I'm pissed I have a decades worth of seasons to try to catch up with.

I thought the same...especially considering where the suggestion I got to watch it came from. But I'm entertained.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Get to at least the start of season 10 IMU.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I assumed this was a typical crap CW show. Once I saw some of our esteemed posters watch it, I gave the pilot a spin on Netflix. I liked it a lot. Now I'm pissed I have a decades worth of seasons to try to catch up with.

Good shit Hank. Mostly all the seasons are solid. Season 3 was cut short by the writer's strike. 4 and 5 are considered the best by critics and fans. The original plan was to end the show after season 5, but the show was so well received they've made 7 more seasons. I think s11 was on par with the best seasons. There's a lot of self awareness and genre blending on this show. Keeps me entertained.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:02 am 

IMU wrote:
I'm a bit into Season 9 now. I don't think I'm going to catch up in time, but I'll be close.

That sucks. The last few eps of s10 are great, and s11 as a whole is great also.

Keep in mind, the CW website/app lets you watch the last 4 eps before they update, so you actually have a month before you'll have to resort to torrents.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:09 am 

Well...I have DVR...

My lady friend wants to watch it together the night it comes back on. That is what I was trying to catch up for.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:12 am 

That sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Almost done with season 1. How do they get 12 seasons out of this? I also feel like their lives would be so much easier if they could get the government on board to finance them and give them some clearance so they don't have to sneak around all the time.

So far I am enjoying it. John Winchester is great, I wish he was around more often.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:48 pm 

Stick with it Hank. Shit gets crazy in season 4... 2 and 3 aren't that bad. Azazel and Lilith are good villains.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:49 pm 

Agreed, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a great John Winchester.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:54 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Almost done with season 1. How do they get 12 seasons out of this? I also feel like their lives would be so much easier if they could get the government on board to finance them and give them some clearance so they don't have to sneak around all the time.

So far I am enjoying it. John Winchester is great, I wish he was around more often.

Govt would try to regulate them, and dictate what is a worthy case. Compared to the freedom they have now I don't think that would be a worthwhile endeavor.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:56 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Govt would try to regulate them, and dictate what is a worthy case. Compared to the freedom they have now I don't think that would be a worthwhile endeavor.

Yeah. I suppose so. I just cringe every time they have to use a fake ID to get into a building as federal agents and Sam is wearing a Carhart jacket :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:05 pm 

In the later seasons they start to clown on themselves about their procedures and the fake names they use amongst other things.

If you stick with it you'll probably start to glaze over the plot holes. It's no GoT or Breaking Bad, but it's good tv. Especially for network TV.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
one of my favorite moments was when they had similar cases in Ogdenville, Brockway, and North Haverbrook. excellent simpsons shout out

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:16 pm 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
one of my favorite moments was when they had similar cases in Ogdenville, Brockway, and North Haverbrook. excellent simpsons shout out

I caught that one... I lol'd.

Last episode (early season 2) I watched was one with Linda Blair as a cop. At the end Dean says "She remind you of anyone? I'm really craving pea soup for some reason"

I really hope that John Winchester isn't dead. :x :x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:21 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Last episode (early season 2) I watched was one with Linda Blair as a cop. At the end Dean says "She remind you of anyone? I'm really craving pea soup for some reason"

Psst.

He's Negan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:26 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Psst.

He's Negan.

I learned that shooting a zombie in the head doesn't kill them though... I'm so confused.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:32 pm 

Halfway thru season 2. Dean is now wanted by the FBI for murder and bank robberies. How can he do what they do for another 9 seasons hahaha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:48 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Halfway thru season 2. Dean is now wanted by the FBI for murder and bank robberies. How can he do what they do for another 9 seasons hahaha

You'll see.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:02 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Watch and see.

Dean is a genius.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:01 pm 

I'm digging all the little inside humor. In the Hollywood episode Dean is bitching that he wants to swim and hang with models. Sam says "does this look like swimming weather? Feels more like Canada." I google it and sure enough they film in Vancouver hahaha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:11 pm 

They have entire episodes devoted to clowning on their own show. The writers do the meta thing better than just about any show I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:53 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
They have entire episodes devoted to clowning on their own show. The writers do the meta thing better than just about any show I've ever seen.

This is true.

Only one 'meta' episode bombed in my opinion, and you're not close to it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:22 pm 

"...and if you look to your right, you can see the see the set of the town Stars Hollow, from the show Gilmore Girls."

*Sam becomes very uncomfortable*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:24 pm 

I didn't get that one. So I looked it up. I did not realize he was on that show.

Now that is one you couldn't convince me to watch, ever.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:32 pm 

same episode, theres a decent callback to Smallville for Jensen Ackles.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:37 am 

About halfway thru season 4 now... These angels are pretty worthless. Seems like Uriel and Cass should be kicking a lot more ass than they are. I hope they step their game up.

I'll say again, I don't know how this goes 12 seasons. This 'Lillith breaking the 66 seals' storyline cant have that much juice. If she wins, you have the end of the world and if she loses, how do you go back to regular ghost hunting after saving the world from the Apocalypse? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:06 am 

:lol:

Oh Hank.

You'll see.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:08 am 

I did like the fact that the Winchester brothers have now banged an angel and a demon. Thats impressive

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Hank Scorpio wrote:
how do you go back to regular ghost hunting after saving the world from the Apocalypse? :lol:

in a picture/name:

of course her reign didn't last that long with ppl saying that she nearly killed the show in seasons 6 and 7, but to her credit/detriment/whatever i guess she was born in 1983? yeah they had a sub-30yr-old chick showrunning the deal after kripke moved on after his "5 year plan" was executed pretty brilliantly (his cameo in season 6's "the french mistake" was pretty good too)

of course, they mention this in the episode 200 extravaganza: season 10's "fan fiction" cuz there's a lot of ppl for whom SPN was just a 5 season show (minus the final shot of that season 5 finale, of course)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:41 pm 

Started up season 5. Seems like this show should have been done after this. It's setting up for Michael and Lucifer to take over Sam and Dean and battle to save the world. I can't go back to them hunting for a chupacabra after this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next