All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Sneak peek.

Much excite.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2WhQcK-Zaok

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Love me some Green Zoe Saldana. My fantasy fball team name is Pelvic Sorcery.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Looks good.

Will wack off into an old shoe to it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:43 am 

Looks great!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=duGqrYw4usE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I have given up trying to keep up with all the comic movies and their reboots. That said, my kid loves them and I like the first Guardians a lot. I will probably see this one. And that green chick is nice too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:19 am 

I enjoy GOTG more than any of the Disney/Marvel movie properties so far. Whereas you have iron man and captain America trying to force humor into a movie with very serious undertones, Guardians' humor is much more welcome due to the outlandishness of space ships, aliens, and talking raccoons... Idk, or maybe it's just that much better because it is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I think GOTG might be my favorite of them. I did like the first two Captain America movies for most part and Deadpool but GOTG was probably the most fun for me. Looking forward to this one, might drag myself to see it too as I don't see a lot of movies in theatres these days.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
agreed, GOTG has been the best Marvel movie to date.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:43 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I think GOTG might be my favorite of them. I did like the first two Captain America movies for most part and Deadpool but GOTG was probably the most fun for me. Looking forward to this one, might drag myself to see it too as I don't see a lot of movies in theatres these days.

Disney/Marvel and Fox/Marvel are two different things to me. I think Fox's grittier, rated R approach is going to continue to garner them some serious critical acclaim with Logan opening world wide Thursday/Friday. GOTG is the best thing Disney/Marvel has going (Even though Dr. Strange was pretty badass), but it's still cheeky family fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:11 am 

Saw it last night. We missed about the first 8-10 minutes because I left work late. That being said I really enjoyed the film. Well worth the $ ImO. The movie is non stop as far as pacing. Even the slower parts are interesting and filled with a quality joke here or there.

Insult me if you want, but Baby Groot is cute as hell. That character alone is going to help push box office sales higher than they would have been without him. Drax comedic timing, and bombastic laughing is great. The exploration of Yondo, Rocket, and Nebula's backgrounds were interesting to me.

Gamora and Quill's relationship development could have been a little better, but the Pratt/Saldana chemistry is top notch anyway.

I liked Kurt Russell's Ego character.

The Sovereign villains are kind of meh, but I don't think they were supposed to overshadow the main story arc.

The last after credits scene sets up a big name in the gotg/avengers universe. Pretty excited with that.

The one thing I've realized about Gotg is that I have laughed far more at these 2 films than maybe any other comic book movies combined. The blending of serious concepts and humor is a big credit to James Gunn's writing/direction, and the super talented cast. Disney/Marvel has my vote of confidence here. I can't complain too much about anything in this film. I was thoroughly entertained.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:14 am 

seeing it sunday.

when i first heard about GOTG, i was like...no. but when i saw gunn's name attached to it, i was immediately intrigued. when i saw it, i was thoroughly entertained and deeply satisfied with him being at the helm.

i love that he's involved with these films. i've liked him since his TROMA days.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jbi11s wrote:
Saw it last night. We missed about the first 8-10 minutes because I left work late. That being said I really enjoyed the film. Well worth the $ ImO. The movie is non stop as far as pacing. Even the slower parts are interesting and filled with a quality joke here or there.

Insult me if you want, but Baby Groot is cute as hell. That character alone is going to help push box office sales higher than they would have been without him. Drax comedic timing, and bombastic laughing is great. The exploration of Yondo, Rocket, and Nebula's backgrounds were interesting to me.

Gamora and Quill's relationship development could have been a little better, but the Pratt/Saldana chemistry is top notch anyway.

I liked Kurt Russell's Ego character.

The Sovereign villains are kind of meh, but I don't think they were supposed to overshadow the main story arc.

The last after credits scene sets up a big name in the gotg/avengers universe. Pretty excited with that.

The one thing I've realized about Gotg is that I have laughed far more at these 2 films than maybe any other comic book movies combined. The blending of serious concepts and humor is a big credit to James Gunn's writing/direction, and the super talented cast. Disney/Marvel has my vote of confidence here. I can't complain too much about anything in this film. I was thoroughly entertained.

Check your inbox

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:17 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
GotG was fucking fantastic. I hope this is as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:24 am 

W_Z wrote:
seeing it sunday.

when i first heard about GOTG, i was like...no. but when i saw gunn's name attached to it, i was immediately intrigued. when i saw it, i was thoroughly entertained and deeply satisfied with him being at the helm.

i love that he's involved with these films. i've liked him since his TROMA days.

I respect his vision for this side of the Marvel universe. He really does seem to have a handle on what he wants these characters to be.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:27 am 

Cashman wrote:
GotG was fucking fantastic. I hope this is as well.

I really thought it was great. Of course some people will nitpick at it like every other comic book movie, but even if you didn't like the over all story you can't tell me you weren't LoLing at MANY parts of this film.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:25 pm 

fucking killed it. "lord of the rings" and the tolkein universe was peter jackson's calling. "the guardians" was james gunn's. it's like he was destined to do this franchise. he is absolutely perfect for this.

the movie's pitch perfect from beginning to end, kicking it up a notch from the original, and adding more style and character.

the stories are always the same, but the ending of this is quite touching.

the post credit sequences are decent, but nothing that you absolutely have to see. actually the end credits are worth watching on their own merits.

baby groot is the cutest damn thing in the movies.

:D :D :D :D out of :D :D :D :D

and the soundtrack keeps kickin' ass!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
This was a great flick, I liked it better than the original. The combo of action/comedy is perfect, never felt any moments that were dragging. I agree with WZ on everything but the soundtrack. It was good but I liked the Vol 1 soundtrack better.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Good flick. Really more of a comedy than an action movie -- almost to the point of being a satirical take on superhero movies. Music was great. A little heavy handed with the "family" feels. Also, the end got very Matrix 3 with the floating head, the weird arms, and the fight sequence.

Should be interesting how they are able to to merge GotG with Avengers, ect during Infinity Wars.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
I enjoyed it a lot. Maybe more than the first one. From the ads I thought that Drax might be annoying, but he actually was great. Baby Groot stole the show, though.