It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Hamilton
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Looking to take the wife in mid-December. I know it is going to cost a little bit and that is fine, it is kind of our Xmas gift to
one another. Anyway. I haven't been to this theater before and based on pricing and everything I wanted to find out if sitting
in the Dress Circle section, even on the side, is worth paying the extra money ($50 a ticket) than sitting in the balcony. Looks
like a pretty small place so maybe sitting in the nosebleeds isn't that bad but I figured if you are going to go to maybe stretch
yourself a bit so you can make out some of the details on stage rather than straining to see everything. Also, I am just looking
on Stub Hub for seats, is there a better way to do this than the secondary market? Seems like that is where I am going to get the
best bang for my buck based on availability and where I want to sit. I want to buy tickets tonight so any knowledge people could
give me today, I would really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
All I can say is that it is a small theater and I don't think there are any really bad seats. My wife got hers from StubHub

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Ended up going this past weekend and had a nice evening and day in Chicago with the wife. The show was excellent although I have to
admit I was pretty disappointed with the balcony seats based on how much we paid. We were in the third row which was good but I'd have
to say it was disappointing to not be able to make out the faces of the actors and seeing the tops of their heads for a majority of the show.
The music and acting itself was unforgettable. Couldn't have picked a better weekend to walk around the River North section, we checked
out the Christkindl market and had bites to eat and drinks all over the place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
If you sit too close, you can't see their feet. There's a happy medium in there someplace. Going again in February.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5