It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Netflix Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
T-Bone wrote:
Not sure what I will jump into next.

Have you attempted Aquarius?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
beni hanna wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

My boss suggested Black Mirror but I will likely give Narcos a try. Never heard of Aquarius. There is a lot out there that is for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:23 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Started the series 13 Reasons Why this morning. I thought it was an ok pilot episode and will see it through. Certainly an interesting
premise for a show and I have heard the music is pretty decent in it as well.

I only have one more episode left on this one. Overall it has been a pretty good series. I don't think I would recommend it to anyone here,
seems like it would be perfect for emo Millenials who maybe have a better grasp of what the high school experience today is like. I thought it
was pretty decent with a good soundtrack. Nothing spectacular as far as the young actors go, the main female lead could turn into something
I guess. Not sure what I will jump into next.

Here's the original thread for it.

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.ph ... easons+why

Hated the main character.

Oops I never saw that thread. Finale was just alright. Kind of a disturbing scene with the main character offing herself in the bathroom and
her parents finding her. Pretty awful stuff. They just kind of left it awkwardly and apparently they are making a season 2 which I think is a
mistake.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

My boss suggested Black Mirror but I will likely give Narcos a try. Never heard of Aquarius. There is a lot out there that is for sure.

Narcos is definitely the way to go, fantastic show. Can't believe you watch shit like 13 reasons why when you haven't seen Narcos. Get yur shit together Tbone!

Some episodes of Black Mirror are fantastic, some are meh. But definitely worth checking out. The episodes San Juniper won MANY awards for being the single best hour long episode of any tv show on tv.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Been watching Jack Taylor lately. Pretty good show. Nothing groundbreaking here. Sort of a mix between Castle and Sherlock.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:50 am 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Narcos is definitely the way to go, fantastic show. Can't believe you watch shit like 13 reasons why when you haven't seen Narcos. Get yur shit together Tbone!

Some episodes of Black Mirror are fantastic, some are meh. But definitely worth checking out. The episodes San Juniper won MANY awards for being the single best hour long episode of any tv show on tv.

13 Reasons was only one season, looks like Narcos is three, thought it would make sense to knock the shorter one off. I am not going to have quite as much free time on my hands so it will likely take me some time to get through the next series I choose and it could be spring by the time I finish up with Narcos. I'll try to give the first episode a run tonight and see how it goes. I like some sci-fi stuff but the Black Mirror thing didn't really get me too excited at this point. Maybe if certain episodes are suggested I could try that but I don't want to waste hours "finding" the good ones.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

13 Reasons was only one season, looks like Narcos is three, thought it would make sense to knock the shorter one off. I am not going to have quite as much free time on my hands so it will likely take me some time to get through the next series I choose and it could be spring by the time I finish up with Narcos. I'll try to give the first episode a run tonight and see how it goes. I like some sci-fi stuff but the Black Mirror thing didn't really get me too excited at this point. Maybe if certain episodes are suggested I could try that but I don't want to waste hours "finding" the good ones.

Here's the ones to watch for sure:

The Entire History of You
Be Right Back
White Bear
White Christmas
San Junipero
USS Callister
Hang the DJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Be Right Back
White Bear
White Christmas
San Junipero
USS Callister
Hang the DJ

Hated in the Nation from season 3 is underrated. Feel like it's the least weird but still very entertaining.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:36 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Be Right Back
White Bear
White Christmas
San Junipero
USS Callister
Hang the DJ

Hated in the Nation from season 3 is underrated. Feel like it's the least weird but still very entertaining.

Agreed. It's a good episode in the tier just below the others.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:05 pm 

Watched the Jim and Andy documentary. Wow. Not even sure what to say about it. Crazy. Carey really thought he was Andy in that movie. It is a wonder Lawler (among others) did not kill him during the filming.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:45 pm 

Watched 4 episodes of The End of the F***ing World.

Not quite sure what to think of it but I think I like it so far.

Very weird 20-30 minute episodes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
RFDC wrote:
Watched the Jim and Andy documentary. Wow. Not even sure what to say about it. Crazy. Carey really thought he was Andy in that movie. It is a wonder Lawler (among others) did not kill him during the filming.

Jim Carrey is such an ass clown. Douche level 100000000000000000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
I started watching Peaky Blinders because of this thread.
This thread should be in the running for thread of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:56 pm 

Almost done with season one of Narcos. I have been very impressed overall. Escobar just got into the helicopter to head to "jail"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: *
T-Bone wrote:
Almost done with season one of Narcos. I have been very impressed overall. Escobar just got into the helicopter to head to "jail"

When you're done with Narcos watch "El Chapo", 2 seasons 19 episodes.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Fauda is a great watch. Season 1 won a ton of international awards and season 2 should be on Netflix within a few months.

Just a fantastic show. It's what Homeland would be if it didn't have the annoying Carrie story lines.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Been watching the crown and about done with season one. I enjoy it but I am a masterpiece fan so that probably explains it. Might go Blinders next.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 am 

Just stumbled on a real good show last night. Our World War. Its a BBC 3 episode docudrama about WW1 with 3 different stories from different periods of the war. Similar to Band of Brothers type of show. One interesting difference is they use some modern technology like infra red to show aerial shots from the battlefield as well as some modern soundtrack in the background of certain scenes.

Watched the first episode which is about the very first day of the war. British troops in Mons, France waiting for the Germans to show up. It's really cool to see how poorly the British and French were prepared for the start of that war. First ep was really good, definitely worth watching if you like historical war docudramas.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:16 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Fauda is a great watch. Season 1 won a ton of international awards and season 2 should be on Netflix within a few months.

Just a fantastic show. It's what Homeland would be if it didn't have the annoying Carrie story lines.

I gotta get back into Fauda. Watched the first ep and it was really good, but then fell behind and only managed to get in one more ep before I had too many other shows that I was falling behind.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:51 am 

Free Ajent wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

When you're done with Narcos watch "El Chapo", 2 seasons 19 episodes.

Finished season 3 of Narcos. Outstanding. El Chapo sound interesting. Maybe Peaky Blinders and maybe the one Shakes just tossed out there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:03 pm 

Altered Carbon is interesting through the first episode.

The series takes place approximately 350 years in the future, in the year 2384. In the future, people's consciousnesses are contained in "stacks," storage devices attached to the back of a person's neck. Physical bodies are turned into "sleeves," mere disposable vessels. Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman), a violent mercenary, wakes up 250 years after his sleeve is killed, and he is given the choice to either spend the rest of his life in prison for his crimes, or help solve the murder of the wealthiest man in the world (James Purefoy). Takeshi was the sole surviving soldier of those defeated in an uprising against the new world order 250 years prior.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Started watching The Good Place last night. It was pretty decent.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
shakes wrote:
Just stumbled on a real good show last night. Our World War. Its a BBC 3 episode docudrama about WW1 with 3 different stories from different periods of the war. Similar to Band of Brothers type of show. One interesting difference is they use some modern technology like infra red to show aerial shots from the battlefield as well as some modern soundtrack in the background of certain scenes.

Watched the first episode which is about the very first day of the war. British troops in Mons, France waiting for the Germans to show up. It's really cool to see how poorly the British and French were prepared for the start of that war. First ep was really good, definitely worth watching if you like historical war docudramas.

You will probably enjoy Generation War. It a 3-part series that follows 5 young Germans throughout WWII. It is outstanding. I watched the entire 4.5 hours of in one night.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:12 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

The series takes place approximately 350 years in the future, in the year 2384. In the future, people's consciousnesses are contained in "stacks," storage devices attached to the back of a person's neck. Physical bodies are turned into "sleeves," mere disposable vessels. Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman), a violent mercenary, wakes up 250 years after his sleeve is killed, and he is given the choice to either spend the rest of his life in prison for his crimes, or help solve the murder of the wealthiest man in the world (James Purefoy). Takeshi was the sole surviving soldier of those defeated in an uprising against the new world order 250 years prior.

Finished it up a few days ago. Not terrible but fell into kind of a predictable run in the end. Still enjoyed it, and would like to see it come back for a second season. Most likely without Kinnaman.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:23 am 

Finished season 2 of Broadchurch. High quality show.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Finished it up a few days ago. Not terrible but fell into kind of a predictable run in the end. Still enjoyed it, and would like to see it come back for a second season. Most likely without Kinnaman.

I really enjoyed it Has a Total Recall meets The Fifth Element vibe going on. And of course lots of tits and ass!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:56 pm 

Yeah tons of nudity.

Very nice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:03 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Yeah tons of nudity.

Very nice.

Looks like I'll be watching this next.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Been watching the crown and about done with season one. I enjoy it but I am a masterpiece fan so that probably explains it. Might go Blinders next.

Mrs. newper and I just started with first two episodes of the crown yesterday... like it so far.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:18 pm 

DAC wrote:
shakes wrote:

You will probably enjoy Generation War. It a 3-part series that follows 5 young Germans throughout WWII. It is outstanding. I watched the entire 4.5 hours of in one night.

Just read the reviews. think I'm gonna pass on a show that paints German soldiers as victims of Hitler.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 42  Next