It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Netflix Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:20 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I somewhat agree with the "you can't blame Limp Bizkit for being Limp Bizkit" statement that was made. Still though, playing 'Break Stuff' and crowd surfing on a piece of plywood that was part of breaking stuff did zero favors.

And yeah, covering Fire when RHCP did? yeesh. But it sounds like only a select few knew about the candle thing until the very end. The whole thing was just awful. It was an entertaining and sad watch.

Only thing is at the end I wish they would have posted some of the financial info about revenue and cleanup and just how much money the festival lost or made.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:47 pm 

W_Z wrote:
i saw that "the sandman" is finally being brought to screen. it's a little late for me, it's been over 20 years since i read the series but i remember loving it and wanting to see it adapted. then.

now...i have not as much enthusiasm. i might be checking it out.

Enjoyed "the sandman." Was a bit trippy and I like that kind of show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
man of few opinions wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I was told of this documentary this weekend as well and watched it yesterday. Absolute trainwreck indeed. The promoters and Fred Durst are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

my initial reaction towards durst was the same, but then I started coming around on it being the promoters not understanding who these bands were and not having proper security and crowd control that was more of a problem. Limp Bizkit is gonna Limp Bizkit. I agree he could have done things differently to ease the situation. The decision to give the crowd candles was outrageous during the RHCP's set, and they certainly didn't do anything to try to ease the tension by paying "Fire" and egging the crowd on to burn shit.

Typical liberal Boomer "solution" to gun violence.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I was told of this documentary this weekend as well and watched it yesterday. Absolute trainwreck indeed. The promoters and Fred Durst are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

my initial reaction towards durst was the same, but then I started coming around on it being the promoters not understanding who these bands were and not having proper security and crowd control that was more of a problem. Limp Bizkit is gonna Limp Bizkit. I agree he could have done things differently to ease the situation. The decision to give the crowd candles was outrageous during the RHCP's set, and they certainly didn't do anything to try to ease the tension by paying "Fire" and egging the crowd on to burn shit.

We just finished this last night. I recall seeing some peripheral stuff on Woodstock '99, but not paying much attention. I was working F-T, going to school for my Masters, working on buying my first house...no interest in a weekend festival at the time. I knew shit went bad, but really didn't know to the extent it went.

Fred Durst, RHCP, and the other entertainers there are just that....entertainers. They were there to do a job and they did what they were hired to do. I can say pretty confidently their music / song selections / performances had nothing to do with the events that unfolded. Sunday could have been Jewel, Indigo Girls, Cat Stevens and all the peace / love artists you can imagine and those kids would have still lit that place up. They all paid a nice hefty ticket price to be entertained and they were treated like barnyard pigs. You treat people like caged animals and shit on them....this is what you get. Does that mean the behavior of the kids was ok...of course it wasn't. Are Fred Durst and Anthony Keidis douchebags? yep, but you cant fault the from doing what they were paid to do. The correct course of action was to leave early like so many did.

Michael Lang and John Scher should have been sued for every fucking penny they owned for this disaster and be left bankrupt and broke.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The organizers blaming the acts was total bullshit, particularly after the segment on security personnel. They had no plan, no budget and zero intent to actually control the crowd.

Crediting Gavin Rossdale for calming down the crowd after Durst was obnoxious.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:07 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

We just finished this last night. I recall seeing some peripheral stuff on Woodstock '99, but not paying much attention. I was working F-T, going to school for my Masters, working on buying my first house...no interest in a weekend festival at the time. I knew shit went bad, but really didn't know to the extent it went.

Fred Durst, RHCP, and the other entertainers there are just that....entertainers. They were there to do a job and they did what they were hired to do. I can say pretty confidently their music / song selections / performances had nothing to do with the events that unfolded. Sunday could have been Jewel, Indigo Girls, Cat Stevens and all the peace / love artists you can imagine and those kids would have still lit that place up. They all paid a nice hefty ticket price to be entertained and they were treated like barnyard pigs. You treat people like caged animals and shit on them....this is what you get. Does that mean the behavior of the kids was ok...of course it wasn't. Are Fred Durst and Anthony Keidis douchebags? yep, but you cant fault the from doing what they were paid to do. The correct course of action was to leave early like so many did.

Michael Lang and John Scher should have been sued for every fucking penny they owned for this disaster and be left bankrupt and broke.

Yeah, it's like the one guy said, "Blaming Limp Bizkit for being Limp Bizkit is like blaming a bear for being a bear. :lol:

And the promoters were putting out this Hippie Boomer vibe like "these kids just don't understand peace and love like we do." Twelve bucks for a water, "Hippie"? FUCK YOU!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:22 am 

i had absolutely zero interest in this documentary. first of all, if the point was to show the difference between the peace/love 60's woodstock, you already had woodstock '94 to prove how corporate and soulless the whole thing had become. second, the original woodstock also had people in shit, most likely plenty of sexual assaults, and i think there were a few deaths there as well. trying to fit this pile of corporate BS into a narrative of "the times" is really reaching. rock music was falling under nu-metal and pop music was at its lowest point in 1999. but there were other music festivals around.

also, a lot of this was covered live by MTV. i remember when the fire broke out. my impression at the time was...good. it's a perfect symbol for what this whole thing is.

people act like this was some kind of abomination of humanity, but it's not a lot different from...what went on in Memorial Day 2000 (go find that on YT).

pass.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Given Michael Lang tried to do a Woodstock 50....the lessons clearly were not learned. Fortunately, that failed.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I would have liked to seen a Woodstock 50, they did pull off Woodstock 94.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
I didn't know there were 2 of these. I tried watching the one on HBO that Bill Simmons did and it was a POS. Is the Netflix one even worse? That would be hard to imagine...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I watched the HBO one and it just seemed like a total hit job on nu metal and all their fans.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
blackhawksfan wrote:
I watched the HBO one and it just seemed like a total hit job on nu metal and all their fans.

Yeah it was garbage. There was no counterpoint. It was just Moby and some DiCaro's piling on white dudes who had their caps on backwards. Also the women wouldn't have been showing their tits if it wasn't for Girls Gone Wild.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:37 am 

Just finished the Dahmer series..I think Evan Peters is going to have to win an Emmy for his portrayal as Dahmer...knocked it out of the park.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Caller Bob wrote:
Just finished the Dahmer series..I think Evan Peters is going to have to win an Emmy for his portrayal as Dahmer...knocked it out of the park.

I only have a couple of episodes left, it's been pretty good overall.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:38 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Anyone see Blonde? Extremely gloomy but very interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:16 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Anyone see Blonde? Extremely gloomy but very interesting.

Not yet but was definitely going to check it out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Operation Flagrant Foul is good. David Stern was a mobster.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:05 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Been watching this lately. He does a really good job playing the role. I am not even sure how you go about playing such a role. Crazy stuff. Stuff like that usually does not bother me and a couple nights i have had trouble sleeping thinking about that story.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
White Noise

Movie sucks, credits are great, just skip to it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:28 am 

"Waco - American Apocalypse" dropped today

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:35 am 

Another Waco series? I thought there was one out a couple years back. Or was that not with Netflix? Tim Riggins played Koresh

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:45 am 

RFDC wrote:
Another Waco series? I thought there was one out a couple years back. Or was that not with Netflix? Tim Riggins played Koresh

This is different though there is a follow up to that one.

I think it’s a Showtime miniseries with Michael Shannon that’ll cover the fallout from Waco up through the OKC bombing. No word on whether Riggins comes back as dead Koresh.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:15 am 

Waco: The Aftermath is the Showtime follow-up to the Waco miniseries from 2018 starring Taylor Kitsch. For some reason (maybe scheduling), Kitsch isn't reprising the role. Everyone else is reprising theirs.

what's annoying is the 2018 miniseries was on Paramount Network I believe? Definitely wasn't Showtime. I can't remember what station I watched it on, but it had a broadcast and then simulcast on streaming somewhere.

There are so many things with the title "Waco", it's like as confusing as the "Halloween" titles have gotten.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:21 am 

Thanks for the info.

Riggins did such a good job in that series not sure I can handle anything else.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:31 am 

This latest one definitely isn't as good as the earlier one with Michael Shannon. But this is a straight documentary.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:45 am 

Thanks for the heads up, I might check this out. Was it your typical 90-120 minutes or is this multiple episodes?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:10 pm 

3 part series

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:15 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
3 part series

oof... ok well that isn't too horrible.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:41 pm 

So far, it seems to take an ATF sided slant. JORR better not watch, lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:03 pm 

The FBI guys come off as mostly insane.

I’m surprised this one seems to stick to Reno but rarely to Bubba.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next