It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Netflix Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Darkside wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Inventing Ann....interesting. I thought it would be boring, but 3 episodes it's very interesting. Ruth from Ozark starring as Anna Sorakin.

This time of year forces me to watch more shit television with my wife as I can't just pop on a ball game. And with this goddamn lockout it might be like this all spring. So we started watching this show.
If you can get past her tweaky accent she is a psychotic twisted evil Caller Bob. That's just good fun with the psychotic twisted evil Caller Bob is a psychotic twisted evil Caller Bob to others.

Exactly....I clenched my teeth once she suggested it, but it's pretty fascinating.

Evil Caller Bob :lol: :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Umbrella Academy S3 trailer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TwjDuxk6sZI

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Trailer for the Gray Man.

Russo brothers directed action movie.

Looks really cool ImO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BmllggGO4pM

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I heard last night The Gray Man was about $200 million to make. That's a chunk for Netflix.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I saw the new Ricky Gervais special last night, it was pretty funny

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
blackhawksfan wrote:

Yeah, I liked it too...I've been down on Netflix recently, but have to give them kudos for supporting Gervais, Chappelle, and Carr and telling their employees that if you can't accept it, leave.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:40 pm 

Watched the first season of The Lincoln Lawyer. Enjoyed it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:
Watched the first season of The Lincoln Lawyer. Enjoyed it.

CBS commercial network quality. Gave up halfway through episode 3.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
fuck Netflix. Any good series they produce seems to last at most two seasons then they scrap it meanwhile the shitty ones go on forever.
My other gripe with streaming services is we pay for some of them and then to watch something we want on them,we have to "rent "them.WTF why pay for the service if I have to pay on top of it. I am not talking new movies,I am talking older ones. I want to watch Split. free anywhere nope 4.99 on Prime is only option. Then they wonder why people are pirating shit like crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:19 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:

Was ok. I hate how the comedians have to structure LGBT content and explain why it is funny. Thought he did a good job of protecting himself and getting away with some zingers.

Love the comment about female comedians. Can't name one off the top of my head that is funny.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:24 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
fuck Netflix. Any good series they produce seems to last at most two seasons then they scrap it meanwhile the shitty ones go on forever.
My other gripe with streaming services is we pay for some of them and then to watch something we want on them,we have to "rent "them.WTF why pay for the service if I have to pay on top of it. I am not talking new movies,I am talking older ones. I want to watch Split. free anywhere nope 4.99 on Prime is only option. Then they wonder why people are pirating shit like crazy.

You're just mad because they cancelled "Cuties" :lol:

Shows go two seasons because that is the length of the original contract. After that they have to justify doubling the salaries of actors. If ratings are bad they get canceled. What was profitable ratings in the first contract, doesn't always add up for a second.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Adam Sandler made another failure for Netflix.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:48 am 

Juiced wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Shows go two seasons because that is the length of the original contract. After that they have to justify doubling the salaries of actors. If ratings are bad they get canceled. What was profitable ratings in the first contract, doesn't always add up for a second.

Um,Manhunter?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:02 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Juiced wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Um,Manhunter?

You mean Mindhunter?

"Netflix hinted last year that a special David Fincher announcement will be made on October 13th, which seemed to indicate that a third season was coming."

"Because of David Fincher’s busy schedule, Netflix announced on January 15, 2020, that Mindhunter season three is presently on indefinite pause"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
chaspoppcap wrote:
Um,Manhunter?

Eaglo wrote:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:09 am 

Binged Terminal List-If you like John Wick and Reacher you will love this. Great pacing. the last two bad guy reveals one I figured out quick the other not till the last episode.
Pratt does a good job.I hope this is not a one off as the main and supporting characters are all great.It is part of a trilogy so we will see.

They are filming season 2 of Reacher: What I don't like is they are not following the order of the books but jumping all around.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Conversations with a Killer- The John Wayne Gacy Tapes was excellent if you like the topic. All the footage from the 70s and the setting being around Chicago should make it very interesting for most of the members of this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:18 am 

i saw that "the sandman" is finally being brought to screen. it's a little late for me, it's been over 20 years since i read the series but i remember loving it and wanting to see it adapted. then.

now...i have not as much enthusiasm. i might be checking it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
“DB Cooper, Where Are You” was fun, at least the first episode or so. Then, like a lot of docu-series these days, it gets stretched WAY to thin. Would have made a good 2-hour movie but bloating it into a series was way too much. Didn’t make it through episode 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:29 am 

like any unsolved mystery, after the 2nd or 3rd episode spent on something that has no conclusion, it just becomes "finding bigfoot".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
man of few opinions wrote:
“DB Cooper, Where Are You” was fun, at least the first episode or so. Then, like a lot of docu-series these days, it gets stretched WAY to thin. Would have made a good 2-hour movie but bloating it into a series was way too much. Didn’t make it through episode 2.

I agree. 2 hours would have been perfect. But it was pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:43 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Binged Terminal List-If you like John Wick and Reacher you will love this. Great pacing. the last two bad guy reveals one I figured out quick the other not till the last episode.
Pratt does a good job.I hope this is not a one off as the main and supporting characters are all great.It is part of a trilogy so we will see.

They are filming season 2 of Reacher: What I don't like is they are not following the order of the books but jumping all around.

Terminal List is on Amazon Prime not Netflix. Watched it and it lost me toward the end. Too much Rambo and not enough Jason Bourne.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
DAC wrote:

DB Cooper didn't jump from the plane.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Hussra wrote:
DAC wrote:

DB Cooper didn't jump from the plane.

lol. please expound

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The Manti Te’o two-part doc is great.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Watched Trainwreck: Woodstock '99 this weekend, 3 part series, man I forgot what shit show Woodstock 99 was, that's probably why Woodstock 50 fell apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm5uUzbUwR4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:22 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I was told of this documentary this weekend as well and watched it yesterday. Absolute trainwreck indeed. The promoters and Fred Durst are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I don't feel like getting the crowd under control was Durst's responsibly, or his fault. He's an entertainer, he's going to do what he does..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:35 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The Manti Te’o two-part doc is great.

watched this this past weekend. It was very good. I was impressed that Te'o was willing to re-live this experience as candidly as he did, though I am sure he got a fat paycheck for it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:41 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I was told of this documentary this weekend as well and watched it yesterday. Absolute trainwreck indeed. The promoters and Fred Durst are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

my initial reaction towards durst was the same, but then I started coming around on it being the promoters not understanding who these bands were and not having proper security and crowd control that was more of a problem. Limp Bizkit is gonna Limp Bizkit. I agree he could have done things differently to ease the situation. The decision to give the crowd candles was outrageous during the RHCP's set, and they certainly didn't do anything to try to ease the tension by paying "Fire" and egging the crowd on to burn shit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next