It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Netflix Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Really enjoying season 2 of Travelers. Such a fun show,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Started a comedy show recently. Schitt's Creek. Pretty funny to kill time half hour at a time.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
shakes wrote:

Agreed. Mindless entertainment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:22 pm 

DAC wrote:
shakes wrote:

Agreed. Mindless entertainment.

just finished season 2 today. Not sure how they're gonna work their way out of the corner they painted themselves in, but looking forward to finding out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Chris Rock’s Tamborine special was pretty good. The “God doesn’t make mistakes” bit was great.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:31 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
I really enjoyed Alteres Carbon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Binged "Godless" in a single day. the preview made it seem like it was just about WOMEN POWER! but holy shit, that was a damn fine western. some silliness, sure. but I really enjoyed it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
Binged "Godless" in a single day. the preview made it seem like it was just about WOMEN POWER! but holy shit, that was a damn fine western. some silliness, sure. but I really enjoyed it

Can't agree more with this. Definitely recommend it plus the lead female was the hot daughter from Downton Abbey.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:19 am 

"tamborine" was good. rock always has good perspectives when it comes to things, especially relationships. i also liked the line, "if you have a black son, you just gotta punch him in the face."

brian regan's newer special was also solid as always.

tried odenkirk's "girlfriend's day". that was a total mess. like a 70 minute long trailer for a movie that i really would've liked to enjoy. mostly good cast totally wasted. directed by the guy who was the main kid in "troll 2" and co-written by odenkirk. pretty disappointing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:30 am 

finished Fauna yesterday. really good show, but was a little let down/confused by the ending.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
W_Z wrote:
"tamborine" was good. rock always has good perspectives when it comes to things, especially relationships. i also liked the line, "if you have a black son, you just gotta punch him in the face."

When a cop kills an innocent black man, we're always told it's just a few "bad apples." Bad apples? I've had a bad apple. It was tart...but it didn't try to choke me out.

Some jobs can't have bad apples. Like pilots. American Airlines can't say, "Most of our pilots like to land...we just have a few 'bad apples' that happen to crash into mountains."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
I am stoked for season 2 of Mindhunters. The two guys I am looking forward two are Gacy and Wayne Williams.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
chaspoppcap wrote:
I am stoked for season 2 of Mindhunters. The two guys I am looking forward two are Gacy and Wayne Williams.

Are they confirmed to be in the season? I would be very curious to see how they portray Gacy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:13 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Are they confirmed to be in the season? I would be very curious to see how they portray Gacy.

Don't know but I am just waiting. I just read Gacy book by his defense atty, man that guy was interesting to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:30 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Don't know but I am just waiting. I just read Gacy book by his defense atty, man that guy was interesting to say the least.

Based on the timeframe of the show, Gacy, Ted Bundy and the Son of Sam could be eligible.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:36 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Based on the timeframe of the show, Gacy, Ted Bundy and the Son of Sam could be eligible.

Based on the book there is a lot of guys ,some not so well known but once you learn the tidbit you will want to learn more.
I am a firm believer that the SoS shooting where not the work of one person.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
chaspoppcap wrote:

I agree. This is my favorite Netflix show.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:06 pm 

finished Mindhunters last night. A very uneven bloated show. I honestly only found it watchable when I edited it and fast forwarded through all the scenes with the girlfriend and all the scenes where the lesbian was trying to befriend a cat in the laundry room.

enjoyed the rest of the show for the most part. Read the book many years ago which was great. Whoever Fights Monsters is also a great book.

Felt like they held too much back in anticipation of a second season. For instance, all the crap about the guy in Kansas. That whole storyline literally went nowhere the entire season.

Looking forward to season 2, but they really need to reign it in and learn how to focus. For starters, reduce it from 10 episodes to 8. That should help.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:24 pm 

shakes wrote:
finished Mindhunters last night. A very uneven bloated show. I honestly only found it watchable when I edited it and fast forwarded through all the scenes with the girlfriend and all the scenes where the lesbian was trying to befriend a cat in the laundry room.

enjoyed the rest of the show for the most part. Read the book many years ago which was great. Whoever Fights Monsters is also a great book.

Felt like they held too much back in anticipation of a second season. For instance, all the crap about the guy in Kansas. That whole storyline literally went nowhere the entire season.

Looking forward to season 2, but they really need to reign it in and learn how to focus. For starters, reduce it from 10 episodes to 8. That should help.

The Kansas guy is not even the most interesting of the bad guys. I would put Green River,Wayne Williams and Dhalmer above him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Marlon Wayans has a new stand up show which I thought was great. Better than Chris Rock’s.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
HawaiiYou wrote:
. Better than Chris Rock’s.

That's not saying much.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:08 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
chaspoppcap wrote:
shakes wrote:

The Kansas guy is not even the most interesting of the bad guys. I would put Green River,Wayne Williams and Dhalmer above him.

its interesting in the fact that he wasnt caught until '05 and that it really had nothing to do with understanding the mind of a serial killer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Kat Williams Great America stand up was great. Never heard of the guy before but I'm a fan now!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:19 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I'm about half way through Ozark and thus far it has been quite good. Kind of hard to imagine Jason Bateman as a crafty criminal but
thus far he's pulled it off nicely.

Edit - finished this up and thought it was well done. can't wait for season 2.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:51 am 

Watched a documentary last night on Netflix called Take your Pills about the amphetamine crisis and how many kids are on Ritalin and Adderall. I am that in-between Gen-X/Millennial age, and I knew kids who were on Adderall in college, but I can't believe the extent of the use now. It's almost like no one can function or perform tasks without the drugs now. I don't have kids or teach and am not in a high speed line of work, so I don't have much interaction with it.

Former Chicago Bear, Ebon Britton, was in it talking about his addiction to Adderall.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:23 am 

I binged Last Chance U over a couple weeks. Great show. Really enjoyed the way the players and coaches basically said fuck it and gave full access and didn't edit their thoughts or comments at all...at least until season 2 when you could tell they were getting sick of having the cameras around during all their vulnerable moments.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:31 am 

Think it's been mentioned a few times in this thread, but started watching 'Hell on Wheels' over the weekend. About half way through season 1 (5 seasons total) and it's a little slow and all over the place at times, but entertaining. From the couple reviews I read online, it sounds like season 2 is more organized and better overall than season 1, so we'll stick with it for awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:25 pm 

casual fan wrote:
Think it's been mentioned a few times in this thread, but started watching 'Hell on Wheels' over the weekend. About half way through season 1 (5 seasons total) and it's a little slow and all over the place at times, but entertaining. From the couple reviews I read online, it sounds like season 2 is more organized and better overall than season 1, so we'll stick with it for awhile.

with all the great shows on tv, this one definitely falls in the "not worth it" category.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Fauda season 2 will be coming to Netflix on May 26th. I've already seen it and would strongly suggest it when it's available.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Over the past month or so my wife and I watched Coffee in Cars with Comedians which is a pretty easy 20 minute mindless interview show
with Jerry Seinfeld. Anyway over the course of watching that we saw the episode with Aziz Ansari which in turn got us to try his show on
Netflix " Master of None". We binged the first season over the weekend and really enjoyed it. His sense of humor and the writing on the
show really made us laugh a lot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 42  Next