It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: This Is Us
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:07 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
redskingreg wrote:
How do you think FotY dies?

This last episode makes me think the daughter is involved somehow...one of those "out for an errand somewhere I normally wouldn't have gone and wrong place/wrong time" sort of things.

I hope not...feels like that would be cheap...but we'll see.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I thought the "oh yeah, my parents own this place" as a way to wrap up the fat camp storyline was dumb.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:05 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I was joking last night that dad kills himself after seeing mom riding Miguel. Or dad crashes in a DUI after mom goes on tour anyway and fucks old boyfriend.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:37 am 

shakes wrote:
left twitter by choice.

Did. Not. Happen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Police knocked on the door with 3 minutes to go in the show. Neighbor's house had been broken into. Kind of a mood breaker. Thought the episode was very good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:10 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
lipidquadcab wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

This last episode makes me think the daughter is involved somehow....
And she has his ashes.

My wife really likes this show. Its not appointment television for me, but I have enjoyed what I have seen for the most part. The live and background blues music last night was awesome.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Another episode that was very well done. A lot of it is the writing obviously but I really enjoyed the direction of this episode as well.
They do a great job of moving back and forth from the past and present and the one thing they continue to do well is casting. The
young William is a dead ringer for the older guy and that goes for the younger versions of the main characters as well for the most
part. I don't have any big theories about what happens with the dad, next week should be interesting. Looks like he is back drinking
a bit and might meet another woman. I agree that is likely has something do to with his daughter. Like a car crash in which he is
either picking her up or going out of his way for her.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:58 am 

I just caught the most recent episode last night and it continues to be a good show. I think we are probably going to have a much
clearer picture of what happens to the father, although I am not sure if they will leave it as a cliff hanger in the season finale. It
would certainly appear that my prediction in the last post was kind of close. Not sure how that will change how I feel about the
show once that big mystery and storyline is finally revealed. The writing has been very good and I expect that it will continue to
be a good show but they have renewed it for two more seasons so that is a lot of material to try to keep interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:04 am 

I did not watch this week's episode yet but did read yesterday we do not find out about the dad until next season. In fact, the only actor on the show that knows the full story is Mandy Moore. The creator said it should affect the way she acts this season.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:07 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
T-Bone wrote:
It would certainly appear that my prediction in the last post was kind of close.
Elmhurst TBone ;)

pittmike wrote:
Mandy Moore.
Absolutely would.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:13 am 

pittmike wrote:
I did not watch this week's episode yet but did read yesterday we do not find out about the dad until next season. In fact, the only actor on the show that knows the full story is Mandy Moore. The creator said it should affect the way she acts this season.

Hadn't heard that. I guess I am ok with that. The plot twists have been pretty good so just because I think it is going to happen one way
doesn't mean that it won't happen some completely different way. I like the dad character and even if his death is revealed, would hope
that they would still have some flashbacks with him in it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:30 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

This last episode makes me think the daughter is involved somehow...one of those "out for an errand somewhere I normally wouldn't have gone and wrong place/wrong time" sort of things.

pittmike wrote:
I was joking last night that dad kills himself after seeing mom riding Miguel. Or dad crashes in a DUI after mom goes on tour anyway and fucks old boyfriend.

I think we got it...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:36 pm 

The drunk driving would be too obvious. It's got to be something else.

Dad shows up at Mandy Moore's show and sees her hanging out with Miguel. A fight ensues and Miguel shivs him with a broken bottle.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:40 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
The drunk driving would be too obvious. It's got to be something else.

Dad shows up at Mandy Moore's show and sees her hanging out with Miguel. A fight ensues and Miguel shivs him with a broken bottle.

Miggy Will Shiv You

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:25 pm 

Father of the Year finally does something to draw my ire.

I mean, seriously, who goes to a poker game, wins big on the first hand, and tries to leave?!?!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:38 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:

I mean, seriously, who goes to a poker game, wins big on the first hand, and tries to leave?!?!

That actually made me laugh out loud... a little clueless there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 pm 
Is this worth binge watching now that season 1 is done? The wife is obsessed with it but I only half watched (half posted on here) one episode.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:12 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Is this worth binge watching now that season 1 is done? The wife is obsessed with it but I only half watched (half posted on here) one episode.

I enjoyed it. It's better than other mindless drivel. I mentioned before a little like thirty something if you're old enough for that. Good enough to score points with your wife if nothing else.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:56 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

I enjoyed it. It's better than other mindless drivel. I mentioned before a little like thirty something if you're old enough for that. Good enough to score points with your wife if nothing else.

If you know nothing about it, the first few episodes have quite a bit of good twists at the end that will get you engaged in the story. There's an interesting arc with an older parent suffering from a terminal disease, a decent amount of humor mixed in so it isn't totally serious the whole time. I couldn't endorse it as much as Breaking Bad but you could do worse... it is way above Grey's Anatomy or Private Practice if you are looking for something to watch with Mrs. McNown.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:05 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:

I finally watched this last night and the first thing I told my wife is that it wasn't going to end well for those guys and that they handled it all wrong.
I told her it was kind of like etiquette to stick around and let the guys who lost their money have a chance to win some of it back. She asked me how
I would know something like that and I just said from years of hanging out with guys and doing a little gambling on my own. Nobody likes the guy that
packs it in early after riding an early hot streak.

As for the episode, it was just alright. Keeps the story moving along and every one of the main characters has a question mark about their next move
and the storyline is up in the air. I'm kind of glad that he didn't end up dying in some horrendous wreck ( at least not in this episode ). I think the
writing has been too good thus far to allow that. Enjoyed the flashbacks and the glimpse into the dad's past.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Still don't get all the love for this show. Maybe its because I'm usually doing something else and I'm not paying enough attention but it does nothing for me. I don't like the split stories, Mandy Moore and the step dad look fucking ridiculous playing "old" people. The fat lady annoys the piss out of me and her fat suit wearing fiancé looks more idiotic. You couldn't find a fat guy out there looking for work? The worst part is that I cant make fun of it like some other shows she watches because she is SOOOOO emotionally invested in this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I haven't watched it, but it seems like something my ex-wife would watch.
I'll pass.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:38 am 

Bumping this thread to bring back the ghey. I actually enjoy watching this with my wife, it is well written and acted and has enough
twists and turns to keep you guessing. Wondering if they will have a sophomore slump or if they will be able to keep it up. Season two
opens up tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Turns out they all died in a plane crash.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:20 am 

We will watch

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:49 am 

Interesting start to the season and much like the series pilot, they leave us with a big cookie out there and will probably take the rest of
the season getting around to explaining what happened. The casting of the characters as teenagers was spot on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:39 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
watched this for the first time tonight. interesting show. just happened to tune in and the story was about an ex hs football player. good flashbacks. pretty good show. may watch it again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:15 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:
watched this for the first time tonight. interesting show. just happened to tune in and the story was about an ex hs football player. good flashbacks. pretty good show. may watch it again.

You really should go back and watch it from the beginning. These three episodes are focused on each of the kids and are "special" to some degree. If you watch the first two or three episodes, you will be hooked because the writing is extremely good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
newper wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

You really should go back and watch it from the beginning. These three episodes are focused on each of the kids and are "special" to some degree. If you watch the first two or three episodes, you will be hooked because the writing is extremely good.

Really?? Ugh. I can't stand anything about this show. It's gotten to the point where I can't even be in the same room because I make fun of it so much that my wife gets pissed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next