It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spider-Man: Homecoming
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39udgGPyYMg

New trailer came out, looks really good. I think they finally nailed it in terms of the lead. He was great in his small part in Civil War. Looks like the SJWashed the rest of the supporting cast from Spidey's lore.

Looks like it has lots of Tony Stark interaction with Spidey which is always fun.

And oh yea, Michael Keaton as the Vulture! I wonder if he is going to worry about being typecast from now on as an actor who can only play human birds?

Spidey has always been my favorite super hero and aside from the awful Tobey Maguire vs Venom movie, I've enjoyed the rest of them, but this one looks like it has the potential to be really good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
This trailer gives away the whole damn movie.

If you want the movie SPOILED then watch this trailer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Nah, looks like trash. Totally sick of Iron Man. Everything Sony Pictures touches turns to shit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
What's to spoil? Kid becomes Spiderman, kid learns how to use his abilities, kid defeats the bad guy. We've seen this same movie 6 times in 15 years.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Do we get to see Uncle Ben get killed again...because that would be great...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:20 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
What's to spoil? Kid becomes Spiderman, kid learns how to use his abilities, kid defeats the bad guy. We've seen this same movie 6 times in 15 years.

The kid becomes Spider-Man part isn't in this movie, it takes place after Civil War.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:21 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
This trailer gives away the whole damn movie.

If you want the movie SPOILED then watch this trailer.

I agree, there's too much in the trailer. Would've preferred more tease and less substance.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:05 pm 

I also like the fact that within 15 years and over 6 movies, Aunt May has gone from a frail old grey haired woman to just a regular older woman in Sally Field, to a MILF in Marisa Tomei. When they re-boot again in 3 years, Aunt May will be a 32 year old stripper making ends meet after Uncle Ben gets killed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:51 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
I also like the fact that within 15 years and over 6 movies, Aunt May has gone from a frail old grey haired woman to just a regular older woman in Sally Field, to a MILF in Marisa Tomei. When they re-boot again in 3 years, Aunt May will be a 32 year old stripper making ends meet after Uncle Ben gets killed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Captain America: Civil War co-writer Stephen McFeely said that, for the MCU, they were trying to make Peter "as naturalistic as possible...That's partly why his aunt isn't 80 years old; if she's the sister of his dead mother, why does she have to be two generations ahead?"

He's not wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:17 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Captain America: Civil War co-writer Stephen McFeely said that, for the MCU, they were trying to make Peter "as naturalistic as possible...That's partly why his aunt isn't 80 years old; if she's the sister of his dead mother, why does she have to be two generations ahead?"

He's not wrong.

He's wrong because she isn't the sister of his dead mother. Uncle Ben was Peter's dad's older brother.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:21 pm 

Well Hank, if that is your real name, I think I'll trust the comic book writer to know what he's talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

He's not wrong.

He's wrong because she isn't the sister of his dead mother. Uncle Ben was Peter's dad's older brother.

I think they are going off the Ultimate Marvel Aunt May and not the classic Aunt May.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:23 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

He's not wrong.

I think they are going off the Ultimate Marvel Aunt May and not the classic Aunt May.

They are. Hank knew that but he's a curmudgeon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:35 pm 

It's still real to me damnit!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:00 pm 

So this was really fun. Michael Keaton is ice cold and magnificent, and tom holland really works as spiderman/peter. Once again, humor is a driving force and there are a lot of laughs. I like Peter's wingman, and his love interest is intriguing.

The post credits sequences...well, the second one is actually pretty great.

i am pretty impressed with this year's superhero movies. they're good times.

:D :D :D out of :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It was damned good. I am glad I didn't see the trailer.

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
W_Z wrote:
So this was really fun. Michael Keaton is ice cold and magnificent, and tom holland really works as spiderman/peter. Once again, humor is a driving force and there are a lot of laughs. I like Peter's wingman, and his love interest is intriguing.

Damnit, I'd already talked myself out of seeing it. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Got two thumbs up from some friends of ours. Said the kids will enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:14 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Same here. I never had any desire to check out yet another fucking Spiderman movie but its getting a lot of love.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Trying to figure if I will take my kids to it next time my wife is out of town. 8 year old being my youngest and my wife being super protective I'm hoping to hear it's okay from someone who didn't think Deadpool was great family fun for an 8 year old when it came out because if I let my youngest or middle child watch that I might be murdered in my sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:36 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Trying to figure if I will take my kids to it next time my wife is out of town. 8 year old being my youngest and my wife being super protective I'm hoping to hear it's okay from someone who didn't think Deadpool was great family fun for an 8 year old when it came out because if I let my youngest or middle child watch that I might be murdered in my sleep.

Any of the Disney Marvel movies are usually OK. I let my 7 year old see Guardians Vol 1 and 2. There is some mild language and innuendo but the former is prefaced with 'you're not allowed to fly a spaceship like Star Lord so you aren't allowed to talk like him either' and the latter just goes over his head anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I did both Guardians last time she was out of town. My wife had seen two scenes in GoG. One with the Jackson Pollok line and the other with Pelvic Sorcery. Both went right over my 8 and 11 year olds head. 14 year old.... Eh, she's heard worse. Kids loved it.

My wife was allowed to see anything growing up and she thinks it screwed her up. I was allowed to see anything not r rated as a wee child and than anything once I hit 14 (within reason) and while I'm screwed up it had nothing to do with what I watched.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:50 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Same here. I never had any desire to check out yet another fucking Spiderman movie but its getting a lot of love.

I told you fuckers this would be great!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:33 am 

It was pretty good. Probably second best Spider-Man behind Spider-Man 2. Holland is solid in his role, and Keaton was great like always. Enjoyed all of Jon Favreau's scenes.

It wasn't anything spectacular, but I had a good time watching it. Out of the 6 movies I've seen in theaters this year I would put this 6th.

I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to kill off Tony Stark and Captain America during the Infinity Gauntlet movies, then insert Spider-Man into a prominent role within the Avengers. Downey, jr and Chris Evans contracts are up after those films. I don't see both characters making it past Thanos. Someone's gotta go.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:39 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
what were 1-5?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:44 am 

1. Tie- Logan/ John Wick 2
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
4. Baby Driver
5. Wonder Woman
6. Spider-Man: Homecoming

I liked Baby Driver and Gotg2 equally. Guardians just made me laugh more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jbi11s wrote:
It was pretty good. Probably second best Spider-Man behind Spider-Man 2. Holland is solid in his role, and Keaton was great like always. Enjoyed all of Jon Favreau's scenes.

It wasn't anything spectacular, but I had a good time watching it. Out of the 6 movies I've seen in theaters this year I would put this 6th.

I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to kill off Tony Stark and Captain America during the Infinity Gauntlet movies, then insert Spider-Man into a prominent role within the Avengers. Downey, jr and Chris Evans contracts are up after those films. I don't see both characters making it past Thanos. Someone's gotta go.

That would depend on merch sales. Doubt this happens, but would probably be good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:53 am 

Merch sales for what? Evans has already said he's done after Avengers 4. Downey has hinted the same thing. I think Hemsworth's contract is up as well. After Avengers 4 things are going to look very different for Disney/Marvel.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jbi11s wrote:
Merch sales for what? Evans has already said he's done after Avengers 4. Downey has hinted the same thing. I think Hemsworth's contract is up as well. After Avengers 4 things are going to look very different for Disney/Marvel.

Figures of their likeness, more films. Money talks.