It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fargo season 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Season 3 of the best show on TV starts next week. Not sure of all the players this time around, but they landed Leftovers star Carrie Coon for the lead role so that's already all sorts of awesome!

Post subject: Re: Fargo season 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Season 3 also has duelling Ewan McGregors. The first two seasons were awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:09 pm 

yeah this is suddenly a great month for TV. if only GOT had their shit in order...but i'll look forward to some summer programming.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Watched it this morning and off to a nice start in my opinion. The upper Midwest accents are laid on pretty thick here but
kind of adds to the charm a bit as it has in the past. Carrie Coon is yummy.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:28 pm 

i started this finally. the premiere was good, hawley seems to like to begin with "something completely different".

haven't identified with any characters yet, i'm assuming carrie coon's character will be the dove of the season. but i'm not as emotionally connected to this one yet.

i'd really like to see this show take a completely different direction. like, go back to the 19th century and do something wild. if this gets approved for another season. so far i haven't heard much buzz for this season.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:58 am 

definitely a slow start the first few episodes

but i remember season 2 seeming weird/dumb for like the first 4 or 5 episodes, then as soon as you 'get it' youre completely enveloped, and then the show just went to full 'holy shit this is awesome' mode.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:25 am 

been very good so far. Last ep was quite odd, but it looks like things really pick up next week.

Anyone have any clue as to the relevance of the opening scene in episode 1 this season?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:54 am 

It's been better than average but I hold this series up to a higher standard so all in all it has just been ok. Hoping that the next few
episodes flesh this out a bit more and make it can't miss.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:43 am 

Great episode last night. All the moving pieces are finally starting to come together. Loved the Billy Bob Thorton narration throughout the episode.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
I just watched the first four episodes this morning (Summer Break!). It is good, it deals with menstruation a little more than the first two seasons but whatever.

I think I know what is missing though, other than Professor Lupin, there isn't the same air of menace as there was in season two, so far. I felt that season two had a lot of characters that seemed ready to start fighting at any moment (Any of the Gerhart boys, Hanzee, the KC men, heck even Solverson and Hank).

Oh and if we find out that Carrie Coon's character is a ghost or an alien or something dumb like that and that's why the automatic doors/dispensers do not work for her, I'll be disappointed.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
its entirely possible its just a season long nod to her character on the leftovers and that show's themes and that it may never be explained.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:34 am 

Psycory wrote:
Oh and if we find out that Carrie Coon's character is a ghost or an alien or something dumb like that and that's why the automatic doors/dispensers do not work for her, I'll be disappointed.

Yikes, I never really considered that but you just can't tell with this show. I thought the other female cop character was kind of funny.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:28 pm 

Psycory wrote:
I just watched the first four episodes this morning (Summer Break!). It is good, it deals with menstruation a little more than the first two seasons but whatever.

I think I know what is missing though, other than Professor Lupin, there isn't the same air of menace as there was in season two, so far. I felt that season two had a lot of characters that seemed ready to start fighting at any moment (Any of the Gerhart boys, Hanzee, the KC men, heck even Solverson and Hank).

i'm 2 episodes in so far. i think the 2nd season kinda spoiled me, because that was just balls to the wall throughout. this one is a little more plodding.

but i see some real potential. the dark humor's still there, and the acting is still top notch.

i really don't like thewlis though. i normally am hit or miss with his performances. i actually never really liked him as lupin. never pictured him like that, from reading the books.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Season 3 a letdown? Doesn't seem like a lot of discussion. I just finished season 2 and agree with Ken that the UFO storyline was pretty terrible and distracting, otherwise it was a fantastic two seasons. Gonna start season 3 today

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I just watched the first 3 episodes this morning before I went fishing, no doubt about it..weakest Fargo to date..hope the rest of the season picks up, its been sub par.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:48 am 

I thought this last episode was one of the best this season. Very Fargo-esque. I think we are in for a fun ride the rest of the way. At least
I sure hope so.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
its going to get very violent. or it wont.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:55 pm 

312player wrote:
I just watched the first 3 episodes this morning before I went fishing, no doubt about it..weakest Fargo to date..hope the rest of the season picks up, its been sub par.

that's where i am after 3 episodes. critic at EW also seemed disillusioned at that point.

the allegorical stuff didn't work for me at all in the 3rd episode. i found it to be offbeat just for the sake of it.

it feels like hawley's kind of grasping at straws here. trying to throw everything he learned in writing class--but there isn't a real strong theme or character to sink your teeth into.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 am 

It's been ok season so far, not nearly as good as previous seasons. The one thing that bothers me the most is the cliché idiot chief of police character. You know the one, the character who never believes the main character regarding his/her theories on the crime until eventually they realize how stupid they've been the entire time. Well, in this season of Fargo, they are playing that character to such an extreme that it's taking away from the entire show.

As of now, the chief of police doesn't believe that the crimes are all connected despite....

-random murder of old guy named Stussy
-murderer is parolee who's parole officer is named Stussy
-murderer is then murdered by an air conditioner that falls out of apartment of girl who is also a parolee of Stussy
-feud between parole officer stussy and his brother stussy who is rich and happens to live in a town that is very similar to town where old guy stussy was murdered
-parole officer stussy fired for dating the parolee who lives in the apartment where the air conditioner fell onto murderer.

But chief of police (and this week, TWO chiefs of police) think that is all a bunch of hogwash and won't even bother looking into.

I honestly find this type of crap way more unbelievable than last season's UFO storyline.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:45 am 

shakes wrote:
It's been ok season so far, not nearly as good as previous seasons. The one thing that bothers me the most is the cliché idiot chief of police character. You know the one, the character who never believes the main character regarding his/her theories on the crime until eventually they realize how stupid they've been the entire time. Well, in this season of Fargo, they are playing that character to such an extreme that it's taking away from the entire show.

As of now, the chief of police doesn't believe that the crimes are all connected despite....

-murderer is then murdered by an air conditioner that falls out of apartment of girl who is also a parolee of Stussy
-feud between parole officer stussy and his brother stussy who is rich and happens to live in a town that is very similar to town where old guy stussy was murdered
-parole officer stussy fired for dating the parolee who lives in the apartment where the air conditioner fell onto murderer.

But chief of police (and this week, TWO chiefs of police) think that is all a bunch of hogwash and won't even bother looking into.

I honestly find this type of crap way more unbelievable than last season's UFO storyline.

The cliché idiot chief has a been a staple of the show for all three seasons. I think it is starting to come together...but I think we all have said that after each episode.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
shakes wrote:

I don't think they know it was her apartment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:22 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

how would they not know that? I don't remember the episode, but wasn't it alluded to that she was questioned in the incident? Also, as a parolee, her address would be known to authorities.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

shakes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

how would they not know that? I don't remember the episode, but wasn't it alluded to that she was questioned in the incident? Also, as a parolee, her address would be known to authorities.

She rented the apartment under a fake name.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:29 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

so you're saying that she had a enough money to rent an apartment under a fake name as well as rent an apartment under a real name which she could use to show the State parole board she had a residence? Yea, no.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:30 am 

so last season we had a UFO, this season we have what I'm guessing is a Hebrew angel???

WTF?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

shakes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

so you're saying that she had a enough money to rent an apartment under a fake name as well as rent an apartment under a real name which she could use to show the State parole board she had a residence? Yea, no.

It's not really a show I think about that deeply. I'm just telling you she mentioned she had rented the apartment under a fake name.

Ray was her parole officer. I suppose if I'm going to make a plausible case I'd say he could write down whatever bullshit address for her that he wanted.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:46 pm 

shakes wrote:
so last season we had a UFO, this season we have what I'm guessing is a Hebrew angel???

WTF?

Hebrew Angel > UFO

But I really like the actor who played him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:50 am 

Only one episode to wrap things up. Although the storyline and writing of this season has been a notch below the first two I have enjoyed
the acting and the way it has been filmed. Like JORR, I don't put too much thought into watching it, I just sit back and enjoy it for what it
is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 am 
Site Admin

T-Bone wrote:
Only one episode to wrap things up. Although the storyline and writing of this season has been a notch below the first two I have enjoyed
the acting and the way it has been filmed. Like JORR, I don't put too much thought into watching it, I just sit back and enjoy it for what it
is.

Yeah, there has to be some suspension of disbelief. We're supposed to believe this genius international criminal would rather offer Swango a job than just give her $2 million to get her out of his hair. And if you believe he is trying to trick her then you have to accept that he's dumb enough to believe he could even after she has proven to be a more than worthy opponent. As if she would really drink his poison tea. And why would Swango accept $2 million when she could just empty the Cayman accounts and disappear with the deaf guy who shows up every season? Because then there wouldn't be a show.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
is.

Yeah, there has to be some suspension of disbelief. We're supposed to believe this genius international criminal would rather offer Swango a job than just give her $2 million to get her out of his hair. And if you believe he is trying to trick her then you have to accept that he's dumb enough to believe he could even after she has proven to be a more than worthy opponent. As if she would really drink his poison tea. And why would Swango accept $2 million when she could just empty the Cayman accounts and disappear with the deaf guy who shows up every season? Because then there wouldn't be a show.

woah woah woah, back the truck up a second.

The deaf guy has been in every season???? Don't remember him at all, what part did he play in the other seasons?