It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
good dolphin wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I've never really gotten the feeling that the Empire is such a bad place to live for the average person. It doesn't seem like it is a people's revolution against it

Maybe just a few fringe people yelling RESIST?

It seems like a battle between factions of the ruling class over who is going to rule.

In reality, it should probably be a battle between those who believe in the force and those that do not. That is a true philosophical disagreement. Both sides both pretty much consider the Jedi/Sith to be silly.

That's where the concept of the Gray Jedi comes in. I think Luke finally realized bringing balance to the force does not entail the Jedi snuffing out the Sith. But that the force likes things in between and a more morally gray Jedi falling in between light and dark is bringing true balance.

Leia was supposed to live through this movie, but they could have her die through re-shoots as they have announced they won't bring her back like Peter Cushing in Rogue One. They won't kill Luke in this one as then they'd have none of the big three for the final movie. And there's no way that would fly.

I personally would love if they made Rey turn dark. It would be a nice twist that unfortunately I don't think Disney would have the sack to attempt.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Looks like Luke is still a whiny little biatch. Was hoping to see him in a light saber battle.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
good dolphin wrote:
I've never really gotten the feeling that the Empire is such a bad place to live for the average person. It doesn't seem like it is a people's revolution against it

https://www.reddit.com/r/EmpireDidNothingWrong/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
The Empire enslaved entire worlds and were horrible to any non-humans.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Yep.

Watch Rebels. It's like if Trump had his own personal military force.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Yep.

Watch Rebels. It's like if Trump had his own personal military force.

Where do I sign up?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:27 pm 

I mean this doesn't really have to do with Star Wars but thr thread made me think of it.

I've wondered if aliens in fact invaded tomorrow, would there be people arguing we need to reason with them? Blue check mark types who argue we deserve an alien invasion? Alien apologists if you will.

I've thought that a war against robots or aliens would be better than a human v human affair. It would be like Vientam, no rules.

You want to curb stomp an alien on tv? Go ahead, they arent covered by the Geneva conventions.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:29 pm 

It's be just like Independence Day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:30 pm 

Peeps is right. People would be peace and love right up until the moment the death rays came out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:31 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Peeps is right. People would be peace and love right up until the moment the death rays came out.

Mars Attacks first. Then Independence Day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:33 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

I think there would be people even after the death rays that would be on their side.

I mean not like that would stop my alien waterboarding, but just dont spit on me when I'm coming home on the space elevator.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:37 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I think there would be people even after the death rays that would be on their side.

I mean not like that would stop my alien waterboarding, but just dont spit on me when I'm coming home on the space elevator.

Jane Fonda was rubbing her clit on a North Vietnamese tank. That was real human v human shit. Of course people would be on the aliens side.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
An Alien invasion could be a come together moment for a lot of those stuck on the opposite ends of this ridiculous culture split throughout the country and world. Of course you will always have those on both sides of the spectrum who will never relinquish their ideals, but MANY would see our world's impending demise as a chance to unite for the greater good.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:39 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
An Alien invasion could be a come together moment for a lot of those stuck on the opposite ends of this ridiculous culture split throughout the country and world. Of course you will always have those on both sides of the spectrum who will never relinquish their ideals, but MANY would see our world's impending demise as a chance to unite for the greater good.

Adrian Viedt already had this plan in the 80s!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Who watches the watchmen, Hank?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:41 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Who watches the watchmen, Hank?

So much more plausible than the movie ending. "Oh your superweapon just blew up our capital? It's all good fam"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:45 pm 

I know I've seen the movie but I'll be damned if I can remember anything about it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:20 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
It's be just like Independence Day.

Peace? No peace.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:48 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
I mean this doesn't really have to do with Star Wars but thr thread made me think of it.

I've wondered if aliens in fact invaded tomorrow, would there be people arguing we need to reason with them? Blue check mark types who argue we deserve an alien invasion? Alien apologists if you will.

I've thought that a war against robots or aliens would be better than a human v human affair. It would be like Vientam, no rules.

You want to curb stomp an alien on tv? Go ahead, they arent covered by the Geneva conventions.

We put politics away to root for teams. We'd treat the aliens like the Packers and root for them all to die.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:05 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

We put politics away to root for teams. We'd treat the aliens like the Packers and root for them all to die.

Unless they stood for the abthem.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:51 pm 

With The Last Jedi coming out soon I found myself YouTubing lightsaber duels. The one between Luke and Vader in Return of the Jedi (yeah, the Ewoks are kind of lame) is grossly underrated. Not only is it pretty cool visually and important to the story, it is Luke beating down his Dad (anikin and vader) and showing signs of hate, which we all know opens oneself to the powers of the darkside. Are the Skywalkers inherently evil?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Franky T wrote:
With The Last Jedi coming out soon I found myself YouTubing lightsaber duels. The one between Luke and Vader in Return of the Jedi (yeah, the Ewoks are kind of lame) is grossly underrated. Not only is it pretty cool visually and important to the story, it is Luke beating down his Dad (anikin and vader) and showing signs of hate, which we all know opens oneself to the powers of the darkside. Are the Skywalkers inherently evil?

Inherently? I wouldn't think so. Unless there's some race that is somehow immune to the temptation of the dark side, I have to presume that all Jedi are tempted by the Dark Side all the time. The bloodline seems to have a propensity to get awfully, perhaps too, close to that light/dark line.
None of that matters though, we all know that Jar Jar is actually the true Sith Master.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:25 am 

Franky T wrote:

Episode 1 was trash, but the Darth Maul three way dance with Obi-Wan and Qui'gan (sp?) was incredible stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:31 am 

it's not incredible if there's no drama. I always hated people's infatuation with CGI magic. the duel was not at all interesting. just because it "looks cool" doesn't mean it is. it was garbage, through and through. it meant nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:39 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
W_Z wrote:
it's not incredible if there's no drama. I always hated people's infatuation with CGI magic. the duel was not at all interesting. just because it "looks cool" doesn't mean it is. it was garbage, through and through. it meant nothing.

How do you explain it for the first three movies? There was nothing extraordinary about any of those movies, yet they were extraordinary, individually and collectively.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:37 am 

Dropped the last 30 second trailer last night. It closes with Rey wielding Kilo Ren's saber. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Have tickets for the Thursday opening night show at the Lake in Oak Park. Always amusing to hang with my nerd people. Haven't gone to a first showing since a midnight TPM one in Oakbrook and then we went to the first showing the next morning too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
this is going to suck, right?

The previous movie in this line was terrible, but I guess at least this one doesn't have Harrison Ford hamming it up so that's one positive.

The Death Star stand alone movie was good, I expect that line of movies to be good while these hold true to the 4 shitty movies that came before it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:36 pm 

Nah this is gonna be good. Just like Force Awakens.

Han Solo movie may suck next year but too early to tell.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
People who have seen it were taking to Twitter claiming it was very good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next