It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:54 pm 

I would rank this 6th or 7th of all of the movies. Not good or great.

Like many have said, the Leia "surviving a space explosion thing" is basically inexcusable. It changes the scope of what "Jedi" means in all of the previous movies. It's horrible.
I also did not like the non-stop corny humor either. One or two lines, ok....but to "prank call" the empire in the first couple of minutes.....and then all of the rest, too much.

I didn't hate the Rose character, but I didn't love her either. Whatever. I'm ok with certain bland characters in movies.

How the hell did the Empire get the big ass gun and all the AT-AT and all the rest down to the deserted planet? The ship that all of those things were stored on was literally split in half and disintegrating last time we saw it.

And too long. Way too long. 30-45 minutes too long.

Surprisingly, I expected to hate the Porgs when I saw the previews...yet, they were pretty ok.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:04 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
spanky wrote:

Like many have said, the Leia "surviving a space explosion thing" is basically inexcusable. It changes the scope of what "Jedi" means in all of the previous movies. It's horrible.
I also did not like the non-stop corny humor either. One or two lines, ok....but to "prank call" the empire in the first couple of minutes.....and then all of the rest, too much.

I didn't hate the Rose character, but I didn't love her either. Whatever. I'm ok with certain bland characters in movies.

How the hell did the Empire get the big ass gun and all the AT-AT and all the rest down to the deserted planet? The ship that all of those things were stored on was literally split in half and disintegrating last time we saw it.

Surprisingly, I expected to hate the Porgs when I saw the previews...yet, they were pretty ok.

Porgs were fine, I have no problems with Rey's evolution with The Force (her display with the stick explains some of her lightsaber moves and just a general presence of the Force within her). I agree with, given Fisher's death, using Leia to destroy the ship instead of Holdo. Rose is the new Jar Jar Binks to me. I would have kept Captain Phasma for the 3rd film; could have been a solid No.2 villain in Ep IX.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:34 am 

Jar Jar Chinks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
FrankDrebin wrote:
spanky wrote:

Porgs were fine, I have no problems with Rey's evolution with The Force (her display with the stick explains some of her lightsaber moves and just a general presence of the Force within her). I agree with, given Fisher's death, using Leia to destroy the ship instead of Holdo. Rose is the new Jar Jar Binks to me. I would have kept Captain Phasma for the 3rd film; could have been a solid No.2 villain in Ep IX.

Speculation is The Knights of Ren will be the sub villains in ep 9.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
good dolphin wrote:
Jar Jar Chinks

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Jbi11s wrote:

I'm good with that.

Was able to rewach the fight scene from a decent cam copy and saw that while the red guys can't change their weapons into just anything, it seems that each weapon does have two different physical forms available. Strange that if they were gong to include those characteristics that they wouldn't take a brief moment or two to clearly show that being the case.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Don Tiny wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I'm good with that.

Was able to rewach the fight scene from a decent cam copy and saw that while the red guys can't change their weapons into just anything, it seems that each weapon does have two different physical forms available. Strange that if they were gong to include those characteristics that they wouldn't take a brief moment or two to clearly show that being the case.

Yeah the Praetorian Guards were a cool concept, and the fight scene with them was very good. Unfortunately, like Snoke, they were completely undeveloped.

It'll be nice to hopefully see some backstory explaining where the KoR were during the first 2 films.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Just saw this tonight.
Not close to as good as 4 5 or 6 and 6 was stupid with the puppets.
The opening scene with the I'll hold dialogue was hilarious. Loved it.
Leia space jesus had me yelling at the TV. What the hell was that man? C'mon.
Rose was a terrible character.
While we're at it the whole rebel bridge was nothing built an estrogen fest. Can you imagine being on that ship while all them bitches be ragging on the same cycle. Holy shit. I'd rather be tied down and forced to listen to Seacrest for 400 straight hours.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Watched it the other night. Very bad movie. Bunch of shit that made no sense. Just lame plot “twists”. No clear direction for the last movie. Disgraceful.

Worst Star Wars movie ever.

Last edited by Big Chicagoan on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Darkside wrote:
I'd rather be tied down and forced to listen to Seacrest for 400 straight hours.

Board outing?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
And since when does Leia have Jedi powers? Or whatever fucking powers they implied she has. Then they don’t kill her off even though she is dead. How dumb is that fucking director?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10