It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Suicide bombers should be celebrated

Space jihad is the most righteous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:47 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
KDdidit wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Dern didn't tell Poe her plan because he just needlessly got a bunch of people killed, got demoted, and had his ass chewed out by Leia in the opening.

But she kept the plan secret from everyone.

We don't know that for sure. Maybe she did maybe she didn't, either way it's not some immersion breaking plot hole for a Star Wars movie.

So everyone knew but Poe? Or only a few rebels knew? The majority? What exactly are you saying?

And if Holdo's strategy is indeed a sound one--as Poe seems to recognize when it is revealed--it definitely doesn't make sense that Poe would be kept in the dark, especially since Holdo concedes that she likes him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
You just said incoherent writing works for Star Wars movies, who you crappin?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
KDdidit wrote:
You just said incoherent writing works for Star Wars movies, who you crappin?

:lol:

No.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Don Tiny wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Suicide bombers should be celebrated

Space jihad is the most righteous

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Weren't there the same concerns about Rogue One?

Pretty sure the Solo movie will make gobs of money.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:04 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

It's a pretty bad sign if they are letting it leak that the main actor can't act. Then again Mark Wahlberg is one of the biggest movie stars in the world so maybe it will work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

It's a pretty bad sign if they are letting it leak that the main actor can't act. Then again Mark Wahlberg is one of the biggest movie stars in the world so maybe it will work.

Wahlberg has been nominated for an Oscar.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:22 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Wahlberg has been nominated for an Oscar.
Maybe this guy will get nominated too!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
Long take on the TLJ from Kevin Smith. Thought it was pretty cool from a fanboy perspective,
also like him being old enough to remember seeing ANH in the theater and what you expected or hoped they would do.

https://youtu.be/GRwmtpr79qE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
mcbrides wrote:
Long take on the TLJ from Kevin Smith. Thought it was pretty cool from a fanboy perspective,
also like him being old enough to remember seeing ANH in the theater and what you expected or hoped they would do.

https://youtu.be/GRwmtpr79qE

You weren't shittin' about 'long' .... I like him and all but I'm not sitting thru a 90-minute dissertation on a Star Wars movie ... got any Cliff's Notes?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
Yea figured it was to long to watch for most :lol:
Explains how he would maybe do different scenes like at the end instead of Luke using the force to be on the planet, he should have been there and fought like a true Jedi master cause he knew it would kill him anyway. And how cool it would be to see him with full force power kinda like how we saw Vadar in Rogue one or Yoda fighting Dooko.
Or how when Dern executed her plan how as a fan it would have perfect for Leia to do it and be the end of her character. It comes across as a fan explaining good or bad and giving examples
on how he would do it. IDK entertaining

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Leia sacrificing herself would have made sense (on several levels), but it seems that since they had the scene shot of Luke and Leia reuniting at the end, by golly, they were gonna use that footage no matter what.

Was Dern's character even originally planned or only added after Fisher passed away? I can't remember how many scenes, if any, they were in together.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
mcbrides wrote:
Yea figured it was to long to watch for most :lol:
Explains how he would maybe do different scenes like at the end instead of Luke using the force to be on the planet, he should have been there and fought like a true Jedi master cause he knew it would kill him anyway. And how cool it would be to see him with full force power kinda like how we saw Vadar in Rogue one or Yoda fighting Dooko.
Or how when Dern executed her plan how as a fan it would have perfect for Leia to do it and be the end of her character. It comes across as a fan explaining good or bad and giving examples
on how he would do it. IDK entertaining

This was my biggest disappointment. I wanted to see Luke in one last light saber dual.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:15 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
I saw this last night. I liked it. These recent Star Wars movies remind me more of opera than science fiction or religious allegory.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:13 am 

****SPOILER ALERT*****

What the fuck Snoke? How could he not see luke's(Ria's) lightsaber right next to him being forced control turned by Kylo Ren? Snoke even says, "I can see everything Kylo is thinking!" but he can't see a lightsaber sitting right fucking next to him being turned and turned on? What was even the point of Snoke, if you just kill him in the second movie? Who is he? How did he get into power? Is he a Sith? exc exc. Nothing explained, they just cut him in half. WTF Bullshit!

What did Luke teach Ria on the island? He is the shittiest teacher ever. She just fell into a dark hole and the next day started wielding a lightsaber like a master Jedi. Then she takes off on a quest to save Kylo Ren because she apparently is tired of wasting time talking to Luke. (typical millennial) Bullshit!

Why wasn't Kylo Ren able to force push the red warriors in the throne room? He is suppose to be the next Darth Vader, but he gets caught in a headlock to a non force user order warrior? Bullshit!

The First Order forgot about force shields? How the fuck was Poe able to fly through the force shield of the dreadlock and start shooting the turrets? Bullshit!

Even worse, how the hell where the resistance able to hyper jump into the super dreadlock and bypass the shields? Bullshit!

Why wasn't turning the resistance ship around and hyper jumping into the dreadlock plan A? Why did they wait until 3/4 of the rebels where blasted out of the sky? Bullshit!

If Luke was going to die anyway by force projecting, then why not just go fight Kylo Ren and die like Ben? Bullshit!

I could go on and on, but you get the point. Movie was Hollywood Bullshit!

Edit: Leia, WTF? She gets blown out of the flight deck (moment of silence for Admiral Ackbar. You deserved better ending Admiral) Leia somehow channels Superman and floats with her force powers? (when did she get force powers?) back to the ship. Knocks on the window and says, hey bro, please let me back in, its cold out here! WTF!? Like seriously, why didn't you kill her in this movie? You had another chance when the lady from Jarassic Park flies the ship into the dreadknock. So, you kill off all the actors that are still alive, but keep Leia who is dead? Bullshit!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Juiced, you and others make good points. I enjoyed the movie and I would likely enjoy any SW movie. I couldn't post yet as I needed to digest it a bunch.

I was honestly a bit shocked and upset as the end was coming and Luke's robe fell to the ground as he went into the force. It was for me a closing that I think I needed though.

At this point I need to realize that Star Wars is now and and will be just movies. Hopefully, they will be great ones. But the magic is done. Probably like anything going on for this long it is not really possible to keep that special magic every time forever. I should have realized this with the prequels but I was blinded.

Now with all the major players gone particularly SW has become whatever the various Star Trek and other movies all over the place are. Sad yes, but I can still go see some good or maybe great movies and leave the rest in the past.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:41 am 

pittmike wrote:
Juiced, you and others make good points. I enjoyed the movie and I would likely enjoy any SW movie. I couldn't post yet as I needed to digest it a bunch.

I was honestly a bit shocked and upset as the end was coming and Luke's robe fell to the ground as he went into the force. It was for me a closing that I think I needed though.

At this point I need to realize that Star Wars is now and and will be just movies. Hopefully, they will be great ones. But the magic is done. Probably like anything going on for this long it is not really possible to keep that special magic every time forever. I should have realized this with the prequels but I was blinded.

Now with all the major players gone particularly SW has become whatever the various Star Trek and other movies all over the place are. Sad yes, but I can still go see some good or maybe great movies and leave the rest in the past.

Pittmike, we must stand up for what we believe in. Isn't it enough that women are taking over our everyday lives. Now we can't even go watch a star wars movie, without them killing our heroes and turning super villians into super pussies(Yes you Kylo Ren) What is next, a transsexual Jedi? A crossdressing Sith? Ru Pual as Darth Leather. We need to stop this insanity now before it is to late...

Star Wars The transsexuals strike back! Return of the man purse, A new waredrobe, The Force Awakens and asks you to take out the garbage, Menopause Wars, The Phantom Headache!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
pittmike wrote:
Pittmike, we must stand up for what we believe in. Isn't it enough that women are taking over our everyday lives. Now we can't even go watch a star wars movie, without them killing our heroes and turning super villians into super pussies(Yes you Kylo Ren) What is next, a transsexual Jedi? A crossdressing Sith? Ru Pual as Darth Leather. We need to stop this insanity now before it is to late...

Star Wars The transsexuals strike back! Return of the man purse, A new waredrobe, The Force Awakens and asks you to take out the garbage, Menopause Wars, The Phantom Headache!

Why So Many Men Hate the Last Jedi but Can't Agree on Why

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I think Bitter Gertrude may have an agenda...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:27 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
pittmike wrote:

What! :lol:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:13 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Juiced wrote:

Ok, lets go over this a little bit.

ROSE TICO. Kelly Marie Tran, the actress who plays Rose Tico, has been harassed and threatened by angry internet men, so this seems like an obvious place to start. What do so many men hate and fear about Rose Tico? In short, Rose Tico is played by a woman of color and isn’t constructed solely to please the men in the audience.

Hate is a strong word. I don't hate Rose Tico. Her story just makes no fucking sense. She meets Finn for a couple hours and falls in love with him? Following him around like a pogo or whatever the hell they call the fury creatures that also follow Chewy around and somehow make a home in the Millennium Falcon. Does this mean I hate furry creatures of color and am a racist of animals?

Fuck You! and your liberal agenda. Offcourse I would enjoy Rose more if she was walking around in a skin tight suit and they panned in on her ass. I am not ashamed of that fact. Would women want to see Jabba the Hut slobber all over the stage in Magic Mike? 50 shades of Snoke? Fuck no! So get off your soap box and stop declaring Rose as an inspiration to women. She is a shallow character who has the personality of a doorknob. Maybe make her story more interesting and more like Roseann Barr then the dull role you casted her into and we wouldn't be pissed we spend 20.00 to watch your agenda forced fed to us men. We like tits and ass. We will always like tits and ass. If we didn't like tits and ass you would be preaching, why don't you like our tits and asses?

VICE ADMIRAL HOLDO. There’s nothing particularly unusual about this character, the way she’s used, or her sacrifice apart from her gender. “Why is this random character suddenly in charge? Do we trust them?” could be the plot description of thousands of Hollywood films, but when the character is a woman, it’s suddenly a flaw in the filmmaking.

Admiral Holdo is another character that makes no sense in the story plot. She is not present in any of the other films and is not known to the audience. She seemingly takes over the film in places that Leia should be in. Leia should have been the one to sacrifice herself. If it was her and not Holdo, then no one would be complaining. But the author leaves that out and wants us to except Holdo as the new leader because she is a women and so what if her character scenes don't make any sense. Holdo isn't hated because she is a women. She is hated because her character makes no fucking sense in the movie.

LEIA. I brought a handkerchief to this film specifically because I knew in my heart I would have to watch Leia die due to the loss of the irreplaceable Carrie Fisher. When Leia survived the bridge of her ship shattering, no one was more surprised than I was. The angry male internet was, evidently, outraged because “suddenly” Leia could use the force.

People where upset because she flew like fucking superman in space back to the window and knocked on it to be let back in. Jesus Christ this shit is out of control. Why must everything be spun back around to make us seem like a bunch of women haters?

Any woman strong in the force without male oversight is a problem for the angry male internet, which brings us to Rey.

Oh, yes lets talk about Master Rey after 1 whole day of "Jedi" (Lifting up rocks and falling in a hole) training from old man Luke.

REY. The most common complaint from the angry male internet is “REY IS TOO POWERFUL.” She is no different than Luke was in the original trilogy in that respect

Wrong again, Luke was training for years before he went up against Vader. Then he got his hand chopped off and went back and trained some more and still needed help to beat the emperor. REY in the first film, never picked up a light saber until the battle with Kylo Ren (who had been training for years in the force and was one last step from completing his training, which was simply to kill Rey, which is another BULLSHIT moment, but the point is he was a master Sith Lord!) She beats Kylo in the first movie and again with little training from Luke holds her own in the throne room looking like Jackie Chan with a light saber. Bullshit again!

You’ll see white men all over the Resistance as pilots, techs, bridge officers, and soldiers, but because there are no white male leads by the end of the film but villains, many white men have complained they are being pushed out of the series entirely.

That is because they killed them all. Luke, Ben, Solo, Admiral Ackbar, Snoke. The problem isn't killing off "white men" LOL it is killing off our favorite characters with little thought or purpose. (except for Solo)

Many white men see themselves as rightfully at the center of all narrative, and believe any narrative that doesn’t feature them as heroes, even when they are featured in supporting roles, has displaced them.

People are mad because Lando has not made an appearance. How does that fit into your angry white man theory? I don't care if the hero is white, green (yoda may be my favorite hero) or a fucking robot (never knew or cared what Vader's race was. I saw him as Darth Vader. If anything I was pissed when his helmet came off and he was an old scarred white dude.

While not every white man who dislikes The Last Jedi overtly dislikes its gender balance or diversity, many feel a level of discomfort with this film that they can’t name

Wrong, I gave numerous points of why the filmed sucked and none is because Rey is a women. For fucks sake, Aliens is one of my favorite action films! GTFO with this bullshit agenda!

Hollywood releases dozens of mainstream films a year, and the only films I’ve seen men rush en masse to publicly criticize in the past few years, all for their “flawed filmmaking,” were the all-female Ghostbusters, Mad Max: Fury Road, Wonder Woman, and The Last Jedi.

Then you have not been paying attention because Hollywood has been putting out crap movies for years. Yes, those movies where criticized because they where bad. Men also criticized Blade Runner, Star Trek, Batman, most of the Marvel/DC movies because they all suck. Avengers sucked, Spiderman sucked, Dr.Strange, Superman, Smurfs, Remakes of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St., Texas Chansaw all fucking suck!

Instead of seeing this film for what it is, people are criticizing it for not conforming to the expectations they have of female characters.

What it is, is a Hollywood leftist liberal agenda filled film that "forces" it views on the viewers and if you don't like it you are a racist or women hater. To that and this article, I can only say..... Bullshit!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:15 pm 

I would kind of like to know what Chewbacca's agenda is, though. Does he get to decide who he is going to work for/with?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:17 pm 

Juiced is triggered and needs a safe space. Poor guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:24 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
I would kind of like to know what Chewbacca's agenda is, though. Does he get to decide who he is going to work for/with?

Chewy gets a pass from women because he doesn't speak English and lost his master. They think of him more of a pet then a person.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:39 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Juiced is triggered and needs a safe space. Poor guy.

:lol: They gone and fucked up my Star Wars Douche!!!!! They couldn't just be happy with 50 shades of grey and Wonder Women.... :cry: They turned the new "Vader" into a fucking millennial pussy!

From this:

To this:

WTF!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:59 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

Chewy gets a pass from women because he doesn't speak English and lost his master. They think of him more of a pet then a person.

I was...just kind of asking in general, not is this jilted paradigm.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Rey basically took over the Falcon based on Han and Chewy "offering me a job?" in TFA. I don't think Chewy had any intention of giving up his seat...

So, Chewy and Han decided she was worth taking on...and then she became the captain/owner? of the Falcon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:22 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Rey basically took over the Falcon based on Han and Chewy "offering me a job?" in TFA. I don't think Chewy had any intention of giving up his seat...

So, Chewy and Han decided she was worth taking on...and then she became the captain/owner? of the Falcon.

Wookies are barred from owning property.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Just saw this for the first time at LaGrange Theater. Worst of all the Star Wars movies; will be the first one I do not buy or re-watch again. I hate the Rose character and wished she would have died. Humor did not connect with me and that SuperLeia moment sucked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next