It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Deadwood
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I'm living in the past w/r/t HBO shows. I never had the channel before the last few years so I'm catching up on old series. Finished The Wire and it was fantastic. Jumped over to Deadwood and I'm enjoying the hell out of this as well. I'm about halfway thru season 3.

Did the show get bad ratings, did Ian McShane hold out for more money.... I don't see why it stopped after 3 seasons... unless its a red wedding ending and all the main characters die. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Deadwood
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
This is the next one I want to start tackling. Actually purchased season one on DVD and then never kept going with it. Now that I have HBO GO
I should be able to start over and finish this thing in a few months.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:23 am 

I love how formal everyone is in their speech yet every other word is Caller Bob or cocksucker. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
This is kind of a production spoiler alert, Hank, not plot related....

They just cut season 3 short. Forced ending, like Treme. Hate when HBO does that. Season 2 was way too drawn out what with the awkwardly silence scenes with Shane and the sister-in-law/wife.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Some bad blood developed between the creators and HBO. I know there were talks of at least doing a 2 hour HBO movie to wrap things up and that died on the line.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Great show.

HBO wanted to cut the length of the 4th season (don't remember why...but this was before HBO TV shows besides The Sopranos got a lot of publicity) in order to properly end the show but David Milch wanted to "do it right" and said full order or nothing. HBO said pass.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:55 am 

Oh shit... so this isn't even going to be a real ending?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Oh shit... so this isn't even going to be a real ending?

There's a real ending

In the aftermath, play the lie as mine, knowing I speak for you in heaven.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Enjoyed Deadwood big time. I re-watched the entire series again and noticed a lot more that I missed the first time. As you guys stated above, the way they ended it so abruptly sucked.

They were approaching the actual historic timeline (1879?) when a fire basically burned up the entire main street businesses and I was anxious to see how they would have depicted the event.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:04 am 

Listening to the people talk makes me realize how stupid we are now despite our greater knowledge. EB can demean Richardson with such grace and beauty but nowadays he would call him a stupid motherfucker and go back to scrolling thru Instagram.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:20 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Listening to the people talk makes me realize how stupid we are now despite our greater knowledge. EB can demean Richardson with such grace and beauty but nowadays he would call him a stupid motherfucker and go back to scrolling thru Instagram.

:lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
A Deadwood classic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruGsmisDKc0

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
People forgot to mention that while HBO and Deadwood were arguing the cast all said fuck it and took other jobs so even if they came to an agreement they wouldn't have had a cast to film it.

Nothing out of the ordinary for HBO.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:28 pm 

I'm shocked that Timothy Olyphant ever got work again. His acting is hands down the worst in the entire show and destroys many scenes he is in. The guy playing Wu and yelling "San Francisco Cocksucker!!" does a better job.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I'm shocked that Timothy Olyphant ever got work again. His acting is hands down the worst in the entire show and destroys many scenes he is in. The guy playing Wu and yelling "San Francisco Cocksucker!!" does a better job.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:37 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

You're wrong.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:03 pm 

IMU wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

You're wrong.

He's just angry in every scene, often without reason. His default facial expression is 'holding in a painful shit'. Bad.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:09 pm 

my friend and i used to call him "retarded bill paxton".

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:22 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
IMU wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

You're wrong.

He's just angry in every scene, often without reason. His default facial expression is 'holding in a painful shit'. Bad.

Dude, that's the character.

He is a reluctant sheriff in a lawless town and he has to make deals with corrupt criminals in order to maintain some sort of order. He is in a loveless marriage. His best friend's shag mate hates him. Alma probably gave him three different diseases.

Man has a right to be angry!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:27 pm 

IMU wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
IMU wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

You're wrong.

Dude, that's the character.

He is a reluctant sheriff in a lawless town and he has to make deals with corrupt criminals in order to maintain some sort of order. He is in a loveless marriage. His best friend's shag mate hates him. Alma probably gave him three different diseases.

Man has a right to be angry!

He was like that in the first episode. Its either bad writing or bad acting. Based on how well some other characters are fleshed out, I'll say its bad acting.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:30 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Timothy Olyphant is awesome. I didn't think his character in Deadwood was that interesting but Justified is one of the great shows of all time. OF ALL TIME!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:37 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Timothy Olyphant is awesome. I didn't think his character in Deadwood was that interesting but Justified is one of the great shows of all time. OF ALL TIME!

I've heard that show was good. I've heard he is good in it. I can't imagine how after seeing him in Deadwood. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:40 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

I've heard that show was good. I've heard he is good in it. I can't imagine how after seeing him in Deadwood. :lol:

We're veering into dangerous waters now, Hank.

Tread carefully.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:50 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Justified is great. If you have Amazon prime make it your next show

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Hank Scorpio wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:

"...That man is a lunatic. High water he never made much sense, but now? He just utters pure gibberish."

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:18 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

We're veering into dangerous waters now, Hank.

Tread carefully.

you and me are allies, marching into battle together, and aren't smart-assed replies amongst allies a waste of fucking time?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:20 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:08 pm 

Ian McShane says a Deadwood movie script’s made its way to HBO

https://www.google.com/amp/www.avclub.com/amp/253932

By Danette Chavez @bonmotvivant
Apr 19, 2017 8:00 AM

Although it seems to be held together by fans’ wishful thinking and the cast’s tweets, a Deadwood movie is ostensibly in some form of pre-preproduction at HBO. Last year, HBO’s president of programming Michael Lombardo said series creator David Milch had the network’s “commitment” to make a movie that would take us back to that unruly South Dakota town. But if you take Ian McShane’s remarkably profanity-free word for it, the project is a bit further along. In 2016, the erstwhile Al Swearengen said he knew Milch was working on a script for the film, and that everyone in the cast was up for reprising their roles. Now McShane says the finished script has made its way to the premium-cable network.

Speaking with TV Line, McShane said a “two-hour movie script has been delivered to HBO.” So, between the teleplay and the cast’s interest, it’s now up to HBO to follow through: “If they don’t deliver [a finished product], blame them,” McShane joked. The actor, who’s heading up the battle between American Gods on Starz later this month, also indicated he’d be meeting with Milch to discuss the script. HBO has yet to respond to McShane’s latest bout of optimism.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:34 pm 

Godfella wrote:
Enjoyed Deadwood big time. I re-watched the entire series again and noticed a lot more that I missed the first time. As you guys stated above, the way they ended it so abruptly sucked.

They were approaching the actual historic timeline (1879?) when a fire basically burned up the entire main street businesses and I was anxious to see how they would have depicted the event.

I'm guessing it would've involved a fire on Main Street that destroyed all the businesses.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.