It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:51 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I like Better Call Saul, but to even think it's close to quality of Breaking Bad is insane.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Don't read this yet Z.

Everyone else enjoy.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2018/8/1/1 ... aaron-paul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:09 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Don't read this yet Z.

Everyone else enjoy.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2018/8/1/1 ... aaron-paul

Really good.

I am going to have to watch the series again.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
wdelaney72 wrote:
I like Better Call Saul, but to even think it's close to quality of Breaking Bad is insane.

Define 'insane'.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:47 am 

Finished Season 4. Walt is definitely becoming super villain evil but only because the show’s theme is high on Biblical themes of Nephilim idol grandeur. Walt saying “I won” is indicative of his id taking over again.

I actually wasn’t a big fan of Gus’s death. Too “Terminator”-esque. Didn’t need the special effects. Sure the “respectable” way he went was So Gus...I think he needed something more human. As an end.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
wdelaney72 wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tvguid ... -4-review/

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-feat ... ew-704094/

Definitely not an insane opinion.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:04 pm 

so i've gotten past the "Dead Freight" episode. i read some articles that made it seem as though there was some blowback on how preposterous it was and over the top. i can see that, but there have been plenty of situations prior to that, that were crazy and not exactly credible either. i mean it's a tv show.

personally i found it pretty entertaining and intense. and the ending was literally...a killer.

got episodes 7-16 left.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
W_Z wrote:
so i've gotten past the "Dead Freight" episode. i read some articles that made it seem as though there was some blowback on how preposterous it was and over the top. i can see that, but there have been plenty of situations prior to that, that were crazy and not exactly credible either. i mean it's a tv show.

personally i found it pretty entertaining and intense. and the ending was literally...a killer.

got episodes 7-16 left.

Another nugget they threw into that episode...during the open with the kid and the spider, you hear the train horn in the background.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 am 

We finished the series last night. What a satisfying finale to go along with a really solid show from start to finish. it's up there with "the wire", "six feet under" and "rectify" as all-time great show. cranston's performance saves a lot of walt's villainy and his ability to show emotion through a stone face is quite unique. it really saves the show sometimes.

i thought i'd have been more moved toward the end, but so much happened that it had to all soak in. i would always get a swelled heart watching any scene where Jr. was doing his best to help out, whether it be printing flyers to find his dad, or trying to nail the "have an a-1 day" slogan at the cash register.

the show has its flaws, the biggest being the leaps of faith you have to take in buying some of the shenanigans. sometimes it becomes a downright caper; but even at its most incredible, it's still entertaining.

i have to believe that during this run, there had to be some blowback about the gratuitous drug composition and actually how enticing they made meth not only to smoke, but to produce. i am far from being at all knowledgeable about chemistry, but i wonder how gilligan & crew came up with the "blue meth" idea and whether it would actually sell the way it does in the show.

aaron paul also impressed me with his range. i thought, throughout a lot of the series, that this kid was a one-note actor. but seasons 4-5 proved that he could really have a big career. he is completely unrecognizable by the finale. he goes from looking like a straight-up whiteboy wannabe gangsta to...some kind of indy singer-songwriter reject.

i still don't know how i feel about the mike conclusion though. it was almost a throwaway. while i know they were going for something undramatic, which was like his character, he was really fun to watch. now, bringing the "better call saul" backstory into it as well, it feels even more empty.

the final sequence of events in the finale are fantastic, and i love the last shot. along with the song choice.

outstanding show all-in-all. loved it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:09 am 

How pumped were you when you realized Gus had poisoned everyone at the pool?

I cheered for that shit like a Cub playoff win

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:08 am 

the revenge stuff was always a fist pumper. even in the finale--again how improbable it would be (no one would've left the car keys on the pool table if they were that air-tight with security)--i still got a rush from how it all went down.

i'm sure this show has been analyzed to death already by countless reddit/blog articles but there are a few observations i had that i really liked about the show: 1 - that heisenberg is treated sometimes like a superhero alter-ego. like when walter white dons the black hat, it's like superman putting on his cape. he goes right into cold, calculating drug lord mode. 2 - jesse's ride into the sunset maniacally laughing and crying makes me think of a "final girl" scenario in a horror film. he really is the only one who gets out alive, and loses everything in the course.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
rogers park bryan wrote:
How pumped were you when you realized Gus had poisoned everyone at the pool?

I cheered for that shit like a Cub playoff win

Im sure he already knew that was coming since everyone has made such a big deal about that bottle popping up again and again in BCS.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
W_Z wrote:
the revenge stuff was always a fist pumper. even in the finale--again how improbable it would be (no one would've left the car keys on the pool table if they were that air-tight with security)--i still got a rush from how it all went down.

i'm sure this show has been analyzed to death already by countless reddit/blog articles but there are a few observations i had that i really liked about the show: 1 - that heisenberg is treated sometimes like a superhero alter-ego. like when walter white dons the black hat, it's like superman putting on his cape. he goes right into cold, calculating drug lord mode. 2 - jesse's ride into the sunset maniacally laughing and crying makes me think of a "final girl" scenario in a horror film. he really is the only one who gets out alive, and loses everything in the course.

You're analyzing this way too much..just stfu n enjoy the best show ever made.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:46 pm 

Been rewatching BB over the last few weeks.

something I didn't notice before...in the last season when Hank finds the book that tells him it is Walt....Why was Hank in the bathroom in the master bedroom? Surely the house had another bathroom...

Also, I never realized until this time around that Wynn Duffey was Jessies counselor... love that dude

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:57 pm 

RFDC wrote:

something I didn't notice before...in the last season when Hank finds the book that tells him it is Walt....Why was Hank in the bathroom in the master bedroom? Surely the house had another bathroom...

Also, I never realized until this time around that Wynn Duffey was Jessies counselor... love that dude

Good catch, a ranch that size ( 1500 SF) should have a powder room. I can only assume he wanted privacy to take a dump and wandered into the master bath.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
RFDC wrote:

Strangely, I think its the only bathroom in the house. There's a scene where Walt is sleeping on the couch and Skyler won't let him into the bedroom so he pees in the sink.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This show is better than BCS and it's not even close.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:20 pm 

Watched Felina tonight. Damn what a great show. The last few episodes are amazing.

One more detail I noticed tonight... when Walt stops at the gas station to call Gretchen and Elliot why does he leave his watch on the pay phone? Never quite got that part.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:24 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
RFDC wrote:
Watched Felina tonight. Damn what a great show. The last few episodes are amazing.

One more detail I noticed tonight... when Walt stops at the gas station to call Gretchen and Elliot why does he leave his watch on the pay phone? Never quite got that part.

Production error. They filmed the opening scene of the season before they wrote the ending or most of the season for that matter.

He didn't have a watch in the flash forward so they had to have him take it off when they did the actual ending.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:29 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Good catch, a ranch that size ( 1500 SF) should have a powder room. I can only assume he wanted privacy to take a dump and wandered into the master bath.

Pretty sure they showed a bathroom in the hallway at some point.

Hank just seems like the kind of relative that is going to use your good private bathroom to settle in and do his business.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:35 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Hank just seems like the kind of relative that is going to use your good private bathroom to settle in and do his business.

:lol: Now that is probably true.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Sorry if this isn’t the original thread, but what could these tweets possibly mean?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Jessie Pinkman movie with WW flashbacks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:09 pm 

Two mules, badger n skinny Pete.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:50 pm 

In the middle of a rewatch. My fiancée is watching it for the first time. She doesn't believe me that The Wire is even better,

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:47 am 

It's not better than BB.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:45 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
schmitty1121 wrote:
In the middle of a rewatch. My fiancée is watching it for the first time. She doesn't believe me that The Wire is even better,

She shouldn't, because it is not.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:48 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Cashman wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Opinions vary. The Wire is far more sophisticated. It doesn't have nonsense like a super-genius creating a Rube Goldberg machine gun in the trunk of a car to take out a nest of Nazis.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Opinions vary. The Wire is far more sophisticated. It doesn't have nonsense like a super-genius creating a Rube Goldberg machine gun in the trunk of a car to take out a nest of Nazis.

One scene in five years.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:26 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

One scene in five years.
He also created chemical weapons, wired up a bomb on a wheelchair that was denoted by a person who could barely move, broke in and out of highly secured facilities, cooked the greatest meth the world has ever seen in the matter of a few weeks because, um, he was smart in college, blackmailed billionaire friends into funneling drug money to his family which clearly won't ever be found out, and did all of this without his brother-in-law discovering any of it until he accidentally left a book that was signed by a guy he killed in his bathroom that anyone from his family or guests could read.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next