It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:51 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Im not 40 yet dick.

Isn't everybody here over 40? Isn't that why we all aren't on reddit?

And the 20 year-old people are on something I've never heard of?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:08 pm 

The first two seasons were kind of slow. I don't know why people are so mad someone thought that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Seasons 4 and 5 are where the popularity really took off.

The first time I originally tried to watch it I was bored and stopped after 2 episodes.

Went back a year later and forced myself to watch it. Really picked up at about episode 4 and I was hooked after that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I'm not going to sit back and let people defend Skylar. Grade A "Caller Bob" from beginning to end.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:35 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I just dont get how a show can be boring the first season basically and people still tune in and then somehow it picks up and was labeled as one of the best shows ever.

That's almost every great show ever.

I think Cheers was dead last in the ratings its first year.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it's not guaranteed a show will be renewed from season to season, and that can greatly affect the story arc the producers and writers have envisioned (especially for a serial dramatic show).

Idk about that. Isn't a show supposed to try and hook you right away and not wait to see if they get picked up to tell their story?

Well no not if it is a great show. It isn't worried about cheap gimmicks to hook people that mindless shows use. Cheap writing and gimmicks leave you with laugh tracks and horrid jokes ala Big Bang or really any network show. The formula is very much like sugar. Cheap and easy and get them hooked on no substance.

Now there is nothing wrong if you don't like Breaking Bad and you think it is slow... just don't expect others to agree with you overwhelming general consensus is that this show is the highly respected and for good reason. Not your cup of tea, that's fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
The Krazy 8 scene was Walt just reacting to the situation and realizing that he needed to play dirty if he wanted to really be a player in the game. The scene that turned him into the true dark side was the Jane OD scene. That was powerful shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:26 am 

I am in the 2nd season. I could not go to sleep last night so watched like 6 straight. Reminded again of why I loved this show so much.

So Badger is like the Sini of the show, right?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:35 am 

It is amazing how you catch little things you did not notice when you watch the series the second time. Like I didn't catch them sitting on a better call Saul bench in the drug deal. It is also really cool to see the transition Walt and Jessie make throughout the series. It is like they swap places. Walt goes from good to bad and Jessie goes from bad to good.

I am surprised in the Jane OD situation that they did not have some type of scene where the father tries to kill Jessie after she dies.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
CIJ's posts in this thread are about as stupid as WZ's posts in the Better Call Saul thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I would have let that bitch choke on her puke too, she was a loose end junkie and was threatening to call the feds.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:13 pm 

Who called Hank to let him know they were coming to kill him?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:

I've heard it was Gus. Not clear to me. On the other hand who else but Gus would know?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:20 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I've heard it was Gus. Not clear to me. On the other hand who else but Gus would know?

Yeah prob has to be him. But Gusand those guys werent exactly pals at that point so hard to imagine he knew the specific plans

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:35 pm 

Finished this up last night. I loved it even more the 2nd time around. Season 4 and 5 are simply amazing.

I have never watched The Wire and want to watch that next. I see it is not on Netflix. Where can I find it?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Finished this up last night. I loved it even more the 2nd time around. Season 4 and 5 are simply amazing.

I have never watched The Wire and want to watch that next. I see it is not on Netflix. Where can I find it?

HBO is the only place that has it I think

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:00 pm 

I haven't ever watched Better Call Saul...is it good?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:04 pm 

RFDC wrote:

It's tremendous. There's an argument that the first three seasons are better than the first three seasons of BB

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:20 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

It's tremendous. There's an argument that the first three seasons are better than the first three seasons of BB

No there isn't.

BCS is a very good show.

The Wire is worth a monthly subscription to binge watch. Give it until the checkers scene before you decide if you should opt-out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
All 5 seasons of The Wire are on HBO Go. If you already have HBO, google how to stream HBO Go.
The Wire was great, although the last season was probably the weakest.
First 2 seasons of Better Call Saul are on Netflix, the third season is on Amazon Prime - $24.99 for the season, or $2.99 a la carte eps, which is what I'm going to have to do after I finish Season 2 because AMC probably won't have them all On Demand until early 2018.
All 3 shows are fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Yeah prob has to be him. But Gusand those guys werent exactly pals at that point so hard to imagine he knew the specific plans

Wasn't Mike keeping an eye on Hank? I think he called, but not sure if it was on Gus's orders.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
According to Gilligan, the working title for the last episode of season 4 was "Ding Boom."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:20 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

No there isn't.

BCS is a very good show.

The Wire is worth a monthly subscription to binge watch. Give it until the checkers scene before you decide if you should opt-out.

Yeah I gotta side with Doc here. I am near the end of season 2 of BCS. It is a good show and I am enjoying it, but unless season 3 is off the charts great, it is no where near as good as the first 3 seasons of BB.

I wish they spent more time on Mikes story. I really like him. Brings a good balance to the show.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:52 am 

Was thinking about something.

At one point hank IDs the RV with an ATM camera. Later on they have the deal with jesse and the lady who kills guy with ATM. How come the ATM camera did not ID Jesse then?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:57 pm 

Its "Breaking Bad thoughts", CiJ, not Just "Bad Thoughts"

Ill show myself out

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

There are some things that don't sit right with me, but they are easy enough to get over. The only one that sticks out like a sore thumb is the fact that Mike, careful, methodical, Mike, would absolutely never trust Walt to bring him his Get Away Bag. Zero chance. Without thinking too much about it I'd say that's probably the most unrealistic part of the show.

Good subtopic but Id have to put the Magnets scene and the machine gun end as more unrealistic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:06 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Was thinking about something.

At one point hank IDs the RV with an ATM camera. Later on they have the deal with jesse and the lady who kills guy with ATM. How come the ATM camera did not ID Jesse then?

Was it plugged in?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Fake news.

Never in my life heard anyone say BCS is better than first 3 seasons of BB. Anyone who thinks that is an idiot. BCS is a good show that picked up steam this season, but not even in the same ballpark as BB. Recency bias at its finest here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:26 pm 

RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Mike was following those brothers on orders from Gus.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:29 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

There are some things that don't sit right with me, but they are easy enough to get over. The only one that sticks out like a sore thumb is the fact that Mike, careful, methodical, Mike, would absolutely never trust Walt to bring him his Get Away Bag. Zero chance. Without thinking too much about it I'd say that's probably the most unrealistic part of the show.

Good subtopic but Id have to put the Magnets scene and the machine gun end as more unrealistic

Technically the magnets could work and the machine gun in the trunk... The thermite on the other hand, I've got doubts.

Mike had nobody to bring the bag besides Jesse or Walt, Mike thought he could intimidate Walt, he underestimated him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:26 pm 

shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Fake news.

Never in my life heard anyone say BCS is better than first 3 seasons of BB. Anyone who thinks that is an idiot. BCS is a good show that picked up steam this season, but not even in the same ballpark as BB. Recency bias at its finest here.

Nah you guys are wrong. There's definitely an argument. The first seasons aren't even comparable, BCS has a huge edge. The second and third seasons I'd give to BB but it's closer than you guys say. Gilligan, Gould, and company had 8 years of practice in this universe by the time BCS premiered. That honing of the craft is pretty apparent if you watch the beginnings of each.

BB is better buts it's closer than you guys are saying. BCS is the best show on TV currently.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next