It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Justice League
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Daughter went to see it, and said it is tied with "Mother" as the worst movie she has seen this year.

Damn...mother was real bad

Was so bad it got the director fired from Star Wars IX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:15 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
KDdidit wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Daughter went to see it, and said it is tied with "Mother" as the worst movie she has seen this year.

Really? Damn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:

Really? Damn.

No, I got Treverrow and Aronofsky switched up, fucking Hell Night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
DC Comics have "good" characters but they are too dark for me.
One thing I love about Marvel is they never take themselves too seriously though they do take the job that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Passepartout wrote:
DC Comics have "good" characters but they are too dark for me.
One thing I love about Marvel is they never take themselves too seriously though they do take the job that.

You really want a George Clooney Batman? The Darkness is what makes it great. Look at Logan, that was soo DCish.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:44 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I enjoyed it quite a bit. My wife loved it.

I thought it was the right time length. Usually those DC movies are pushing 7 hours. This was right at 2.

I’m with dolphin, Gal Gadot is easy to watch on screen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:39 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

I thought it was the right time length. Usually those DC movies are pushing 7 hours. This was right at 2.

I did a little more research on her to find she is in her 30s and pushed out a couple of kids. Some people are genetically blessed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Saw this on Thursday. Thought it was great. But I also don't need some sort of Comic-con, nerdgasm to come true seeing this on the screen. I just need to be entertained. And this did that. Also, Gal Gadot and Amy Adams.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Antonio's
good dolphin wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

I did a little more research on her to find she is in her 30s and pushed out a couple of kids. Some people are genetically blessed.

Is that so? I would have never thought that. She's easy on the eyes alright, I just wish she could act a bit better too though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Finally watched it.

HOT Garbage!

Looks like they pretty much re-shot all of Superman's scenes, by the CGI of his mustache. Considering he doesn't appear until the 2nd half of the movie, I just wonder what the original looked like.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Jeremy Irons is a pretty good Alfred. I prefer Michael Caine, but Irons is a solid replacement.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:57 pm 

Affleck is actually a really good late stage Batman.

His script for the solo Batman flick sounded really cool before Matt Reeves came aboard and changed everything.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:35 pm 

Jesus I hope we get the director's cut of this film some day. The Darkseid scenes alone would be worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I watched it this afternoon. I liked it.

Flash seemed like he was being played by someone doing a Jimmy Fallon impression.
Wonder Woman is very good.
Batman and Superman are good.
The guy who played Cyborg is fine, but the character looks he's from a cheesy show on The CW.
Aquaman is kind of a meathead, but otherwise fine.
The villain was cool and had kind of a Malekith from Thor: The Dark World vibe to me.
There were several funny lines similar to the ones in a Marvel movie

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Terry's Peeps wrote:

biggest fraud director in the industry. Guy's made a massive career off the back of exactly one good movie, 300. Every movie since has been shit and every single one of them pretty much looks just like 300.

He's so bad he might even be a bigger fraud than Kevin Smith.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:52 pm 

And yet it'd still be next to impossible for his BvS to be worse that the one we got.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:04 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

This makes me so happy.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Watch the arrowverse stuff on CW, decent stuff. When they do crossovers they do them right. The last one was Crisis on Infinite Earths. Real Cool. They dropped a ton of Cameos. Burt Ward, Kevin Conroy(If you do not know who that is then dont watch another Batman movie ever again), Robert Whul. They even snuck in and kept under wraps for like 3 months a Erza Miller cameo. They tied in a ton of DC lore and they got Brandon Routh to wear the cape again as well as a real cool Smallville tie in. Gotham was a good take on the DC verse and I think one of the best interpritations of the Riddler I have seen on screen ever.

If you dont mind animation the DC animation library is 10x better than Marvel. Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker are incredible.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:33 pm 

Speaking of animation, I keep reading the new Justice League Dark movie is great.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Jbi11s wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

This makes me so happy.

Why? The guy sucks at making movies. Basically drove the DC universe into the ground by himself until they were able to replace him with capable people.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:41 pm 

I’ve just read what his original cut included (Darkseid), and just how much of a different movie Whedon changed Justice League into.

Plus every major actor in Justice League has supported the release of the Snyder cut.

The DC Universe has been plagued by studio meddling.

That is a documented fact.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
chaspoppcap wrote:
Watch the arrowverse stuff on CW, decent stuff. When they do crossovers they do them right. The last one was Crisis on Infinite Earths. Real Cool. They dropped a ton of Cameos. Burt Ward, Kevin Conroy(If you do not know who that is then dont watch another Batman movie ever again), Robert Whul. They even snuck in and kept under wraps for like 3 months a Erza Miller cameo. They tied in a ton of DC lore and they got Brandon Routh to wear the cape again as well as a real cool Smallville tie in. Gotham was a good take on the DC verse and I think one of the best interpritations of the Riddler I have seen on screen ever.

If you dont mind animation the DC animation library is 10x better than Marvel. Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker are incredible.

Was the CW version of The Flash any good?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:48 pm 

It’s hard to watch those shows with such a down grade in CGI.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

It is really good. I like it as it sticks to the flash mythos for the most part. The nice thing is Flash is a fairly bright airy show whereas Arrow was dark like Batman. So when the two got together it was interesting. A funny scene was when Barry got his powers he asked Olly to train him. After his first obstacle course they where talking and the Arrow had two crossbows pop up and shoot the Flash in the back. Barry was like WTF?. Olly went, always be on guard. Arrow has spawned 7 shows I think only one lasted just one season and that was BS,Constitine. One is in danger because the star was a pain the ass and quit/fired,Batwoman.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 11:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Jbi11s wrote:
Speaking of animation, I keep reading the new Justice League Dark movie is great.

Got it d/l'ed; haven't watched it yet.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:25 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

It is really good. I like it as it sticks to the flash mythos for the most part. The nice thing is Flash is a fairly bright airy show whereas Arrow was dark like Batman. So when the two got together it was interesting. A funny scene was when Barry got his powers he asked Olly to train him. After his first obstacle course they where talking and the Arrow had two crossbows pop up and shoot the Flash in the back. Barry was like WTF?. Olly went, always be on guard. Arrow has spawned 7 shows I think only one lasted just one season and that was BS,Constitine. One is in danger because the star was a pain the ass and quit/fired,Batwoman.

Don't listen to this nonsense. Flash is horrible. I've finally given up on it this season which is probably the worst season they've had. That's not for sure since they've had some pretty bad seasons mixed in.

All these shows started out pretty good, but they've all gone to crap. Arrow became unwatchable several seasons before it ended. Supergirl is terrible. Black Lightning is pointless unless you're just trying to make a quota. Same goes for Batwoman.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:33 am 

Shakes Im sorry you are insane. I have not seen this season of Flash yet except for the crossover. You must not know your DC comics to understand the story arcs.

So what was your thoughts on Gotham or the animated series?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:13 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Shakes Im sorry you are insane. I have not seen this season of Flash yet except for the crossover. You must not know your DC comics to understand the story arcs.

Don't waste your time with this season of Flash. I was a big fan, but this season has been beyond terrible. I'm 3 episodes behind and am leaning towards throwing in the towel and deleting them. The crossover was pretty weak this year as well. I know my DC story arcs just fine and WTF does that have to do with anything anyway? You think knowing a story arc is going to make up for the horrible plots, awful acting, bad CGI, repetitive choreographed dance numbers that pass for fight scenes, forced love/relationship scenes and all the other issues with these shows?

Gotham was great, but wasn't a CW show. What animated series are you even talking about?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:03 pm 

shakes wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Don't waste your time with this season of Flash. I was a big fan, but this season has been beyond terrible. I'm 3 episodes behind and am leaning towards throwing in the towel and deleting them. The crossover was pretty weak this year as well. I know my DC story arcs just fine and WTF does that have to do with anything anyway? You think knowing a story arc is going to make up for the horrible plots, awful acting, bad CGI, repetitive choreographed dance numbers that pass for fight scenes, forced love/relationship scenes and all the other issues with these shows?

Gotham was great, but wasn't a CW show. What animated series are you even talking about?

Batman :Animated,Justice League/unlimited and Batman Beyond.

You did not like the Infinite Earths arc,holy fuck get out of here, I must revoke your nerd card. That was great just for the cameos.The fact that they managed toi keepwhats his name from leaking for over 4 months was an effort in of itself

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next