It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Justice League
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
ZS had no input on WW. That's why it was good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Another scathing review:

https://apple.news/AaxnPI-HoQ9SonZAhe3BU6w

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Shit. I was really hoping this was going to be good. Justice League is much better than The Avengers yet D.C. Just constantly fucks up their movies.

Stop huffing gas man, JL is no way near as good as Avengers.
The reason being is the Heroes in the Dc verse are basically operating on a god level of power across the spectrum. They had to make up reasons for them to have to work together. If you watch the JL cartoon for the early 2000's they basically made Supes a Forrest Gump clone. The reason the teams in the Marvel verse work and are more enjoyable is that 1)most are not at a god level of power 2) they are mostly some really flawed and disturbed people. Even Steve Rogers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
The Avengers are trash. The fact that they got me to watch their movies is a testament to how well Disney/Marvel planned the film universe. D.C. Superheroes are just better. Batman is better than anything that Marvel can bring to the table and he doesn't even have powers...just super training b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:12 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
The Avengers are trash. The fact that they got me to watch their movies is a testament to how well Disney/Marvel planned the film universe. D.C. Superheroes are just better. Batman is better than anything that Marvel can bring to the table and he doesn't even have powers...just super training b

Um no. No even open to debate sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:13 pm 

I still maintain the biggest problem with DC is that we've already seen these characters so many times. Batman and Superman are great characters and were the first 20 movies combined.

I love the Avengers movies in large part because all of the characters were pretty much new to me outside of the Hulk and I didn't watch that tv show. The WW movie was good for the same reason.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I always like Justice League more as a kid. I didn't care about Iron Man or Doctor Strange or Hawkeye or the other "lesser" heroes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:16 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Um no. No even open to debate sorry.

Chas is wrong. Color me shocked.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:18 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I always like Justice League more as a kid. I didn't care about Iron Man or Doctor Strange or Hawkeye or the other "lesser" heroes.

Iron Man sucks. Hawkeye sucks. Hulk sucks. Thor sucks.

Captain America is about the only thing going for them. That's probably why the Capt America movies were the best ones.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I didn't follow comics much. I think my exposure for most part was Adam West's batman, the old Hulk show, and Amazing spider man cartoons. I'm sure the was other things but I just couldn't get into Comics. My dad probably thought they were a waste of time so whatever. I enjoy the movies. Well, some of them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:28 pm 

X Men and Justice League are the best and those are the franchises that can't get going and we are going to be stuck with Iron Man 5: Stark Industries Tax Evasion Trial.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I think I've seen one Iron Man movie. Not much of a fan, I guess not my cup of tea. I just don't like how ensemble all these casts are becoming. Lets add 6 characters and call it a Captain America movie.. Eh... Not really. It another Avengers movie. I didn't mind Doctor Strange but I admit that it was mostly background noise as I was working and its not going to get me to watch it over and over again.

Sometimes not having read all the comics is helpful in that I don't have to get all pissy about incongruency with canon or something. My brother in law bitches about it from time to time as he was a big comic guy. Although in the end he seems to love all of them,

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:00 pm 

The first Iron Man was great...the rest, meh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:06 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
The first Iron Man was great...the rest, meh.

The first Iron Man was okay. I think it gets overrated because of the slew of terrible Marvel movies that preceded it.

Tobey McQuire Spiderman movies
First 3 X-Men movies
Hulk
Punisher
Elektra
Fantastic Four (Two awful movies)
Ghost Rider (I can't believe they actually made 2 of these)

That's a whole chunk of bad that makes the first Iron Man movie look Best Picture worthy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 am 

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... asterpiece

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I'm personally still very hyped for this movie.

IMO there's way too much hive mind DC hate, and people like that need to be ignored.

Also, Rotten Tomatoes has always been sketchy with their ratings of DC movies compared to the average to below average Marvel movies that still get 90% approval somehow.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:51 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

IMO there's way too much hive mind DC hate, and people like that need to be ignored.

Also, Rotten Tomatoes has always been sketchy with their ratings of DC movies compared to the average to below average Marvel movies that still get 90% approval somehow.

I am a Marvel gu But I liked most of the Batman movies and I am hooked on the DC Tv shows.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Terry's Peeps wrote:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453824/justice-league-triumphs-zack-snyder-masterpiece

Literally, the biggest contrarian reviewer alive today.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:05 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453824/justice-league-triumphs-zack-snyder-masterpiece

I wondered if he was related to Zack Snyder.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Terry's Peeps wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I wondered if he was related to Zack Snyder.

Or 312player, I think he was one of only like 2 featured reviewers on RT who gave Fury Road a bad rating.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Jbi11s wrote:

The same company owns Rotten Tomato and DC. I doubt they are doing anything to hurt the ratings of DC movies.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:39 am 

I enjoyed the movie. I think it was about 20 minutes too long. Comic book movies don't need to brood over the subject. Aquaman was an extraneous character. He did nothing that was particular to his character. Gadot is a pleasure to look at on screen. However, she really adds nothing to the character.

It was a fun time and better than a lot of the comic book stuff that has been produced.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Daughter went to see it, and said it is tied with "Mother" as the worst movie she has seen this year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
The problem DC has is with overwhelming top heavy star power they have with batman and superman. Until wonderwoman, they really haven't done much to develop other plotline. Everyone knows batman and superman, yet they continue to reinvent them to create something new for them.

I give marvel credit for embracing the secondary characters in their universe. GOTG, antman, deadpool, thor. The closest Marvel came to replicating this was suicide squad and they even fucked that up with a terrible villian. They would have been better off splitting that movie off into 3 different movies and develop a couple of characters in each move before launching suicide squad without all the flashbacks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
TurdFerguson wrote:
The problem DC has is with overwhelming top heavy star power they have with batman and superman. Until wonderwoman, they really haven't done much to develop other plotline. Everyone knows batman and superman, yet they continue to reinvent them to create something new for them.

I give marvel credit for embracing the secondary characters in their universe. GOTG, antman, deadpool, thor. The closest Marvel came to replicating this was suicide squad and they even fucked that up with a terrible villian. They would have been better off splitting that movie off into 3 different movies and develop a couple of characters in each move before launching suicide squad without all the flashbacks.

I think the problem becomes how do you get people excited with the lesser character? I will admit, I did not see GoTG in theaters. I was like, who the fuck are these guys?!? When I finally watched it, I was a HUGE fan. Thought it was my #2 comic book movie behind TDK. What made is successful was the comedy aspect. So, if that is the only way to develop lesser characters, isn't that gonna get old? They did bring in Paul Rudd, but it really wasn't funny, and it sucked. A lot of these characters need other characters to support them Hulk and Thor suck alone, stick them together, and you have a hit. In the DC world, outside of Justice League(not the movie), what do you really have? Watchmen? Are they even in the same universe?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Cashman wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

I think the problem becomes how do you get people excited with the lesser character? I will admit, I did not see GoTG in theaters. I was like, who the fuck are these guys?!? When I finally watched it, I was a HUGE fan. Thought it was my #2 comic book movie behind TDK. What made is successful was the comedy aspect. So, if that is the only way to develop lesser characters, isn't that gonna get old? They did bring in Paul Rudd, but it really wasn't funny, and it sucked. A lot of these characters need other characters to support them Hulk and Thor suck alone, stick them together, and you have a hit. In the DC world, outside of Justice League(not the movie), what do you really have? Watchmen? Are they even in the same universe?

Marvel committed to the long game and took risks knowing they may not hit in the box office. The advantage with lessor characters is the bar is lower and there is more they can do with those characters as much of them is unknown except for the comic junkie. They just need to create an engaging movie that people like.

If DC really wanted to mimic Marvel, why not create a green lantern, hawkgirl, flash, Harley Quinn, diablo, or deadshot movies. Why keep hammering superman/batman for the 3rd or 4th reboot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:58 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I enjoyed the movie. I think it was about 20 minutes too long.

Last night Sir had Briggs on and he (Briggs) reviewed the movie...said he liked it, but it was 30 minutes too SHORT. His two gripes were that Batman smiled (apparently verboten) and the Flash had a very weird running style.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:37 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I enjoyed the movie. I think it was about 20 minutes too long.

Last night Sir had Briggs on and he (Briggs) reviewed the movie...said he liked it, but it was 30 minutes too SHORT. His two gripes were that Batman smiled (apparently verboten) and the Flash had a very weird running style.

Was he in the suit?
He smiles all the time in the Comics,even in the animated stuff. Just not a lot in the suit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
TurdFerguson wrote:
Cashman wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Marvel committed to the long game and took risks knowing they may not hit in the box office. The advantage with lessor characters is the bar is lower and there is more they can do with those characters as much of them is unknown except for the comic junkie. They just need to create an engaging movie that people like.

If DC really wanted to mimic Marvel, why not create a green lantern, hawkgirl, flash, Harley Quinn, diablo, or deadshot movies. Why keep hammering superman/batman for the 3rd or 4th reboot.

IF DC were smart, they would of done something after TDK with Nolan. At this point, the market is a bit saturated I give it a few more movies, and you will probably see a decline.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Daughter went to see it, and said it is tied with "Mother" as the worst movie she has seen this year.

Damn...mother was real bad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next