It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Dignified Rube wrote:
Seinfeld gaves us Trump, because that's when negativism and mean-spiritedness became acceptable and mainstream in American society. That's when America lost its goodness and began to go downhill. America doesn't stand for anything now. Yes, you can blame the jews for their lack of decency. Sarah Silverman---case in point.

I am thankful for Raymond, because the latter years of it were the last years of my father's life, and we got to watch the show together. He laughed hard watching Raymond with his big laugh. Those are the things you miss about your dad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
This thread is the reason Lakemoorfest got cancelled. How did this get to three pages??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:34 pm 

newper wrote:
This thread is the reason Lakemoorfest got cancelled. How did this get to three pages??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
everybody loves raymond was awful. laugh track over load. same goes for two and a half men. neither is worthy of continued syndication.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
never had any urge to even see a second of ELR. The lead guy on the commercials came off like a whiny bitch. So I never watched.

I really never watched Sienfeld either. I came to like it more in re runs.

Come to think of it I don't watch much tv other than sports in the last 10-15 years.

I guess the hot show now is that big bang theory. It never looked appealing to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:57 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
never had any urge to even see a second of ELR. The lead guy on the commercials came off like a whiny bitch. So I never watched.

Come to think of it I don't watch much tv other than sports in the last 10-15 years.

I guess the hot show now is that big bang theory. It never looked appealing to me.

Got any other lukewarm opinions you'd like to share?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:09 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:

I like the cut of your jib

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
raymond all day long. dignified rube nailed this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:31 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Dignified Rube wrote:
Seinfeld gaves us Trump, because that's when negativism and mean-spiritedness became acceptable and mainstream in American society. That's when America lost its goodness and began to go downhill. America doesn't stand for anything now. Yes, you can blame the jews for their lack of decency. Sarah Silverman---case in point.

I am thankful for Raymond, because the latter years of it were the last years of my father's life, and we got to watch the show together. He laughed hard watching Raymond with his big laugh. Those are the things you miss about your dad.

So your love for Raymond has more to do with exterior things. Number one your anti-Semitic beliefs are just flat out awesome. Hopefully your father shared your same hatred of the Jews!!!

I completely get that you have strong affection for the show and the circumstances around your father explain that and make sense. Is there any particular reason though you dig in and try to convince us that you are right? Seems kinda pointless unless you need validation. If you need validation though you wouldn't pose a thought like this that really only a contrarian would agree with. So me thinks that if tnis is a mult or not you only seek negative attention.

Bro, we can sit down and work on this. If you give up some of that blind hate and negativity the world gets better. Your relationship with everyone gets better. Really open up to JS we can see you are hurting.

Thoughts on Reinsdorf?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
People always say there were never any balcks on Seinfeld, but rewatching them, it seems like they are on quite frequently -- every couple episodes. I don't remember seeing many balcks on Everybody Loves Raymond though. Kareem was on one episode, and Ja'Net Dubois of course. Dom Irerra might be part balck.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:03 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Raymond isn't even Romano's best show. Men of a Certain Age was great television. Too bad nobody watched it.

Won a Peabody. That's how you know it's good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Spaulding wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Raymond isn't even Romano's best show. Men of a Certain Age was great television. Too bad nobody watched it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Damn right.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
Quote:
SEVEN. HUNDRED. AND. FIFTY. SIX. PAGES.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
I think this could be more of a generational thing?

35 year olds (give or take a couple of years) gravitate and relate more to the single ups & downs of Seinfeld.

55 year olds (give or take a couple of years) gravitate and relate more to the family dynamics of Everybody Loves Raymond.

Personally, I liked both but favored Raymond a bit more. My wife and mother had the same humorous relationship as Marie and Deborah.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:28 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

SWUNG ON AND BELTED!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The difference is that everyone can probably think of 10 or 20 memorable Seinfeld episodes off the top of their head. Raymond was funny, but it wasn't like your average viewer could remember that many episodes. I would say Raymond is more comparable with King of Queens than it is with Seinfeld. Seinfeld was a sitcom like Raymond, but the Seinfeld crew made the sets seem like another place. Raymond is mostly the same set.