It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Cashman wrote:
I think Adam Warlock is going to be the savoir. I don't think this ends with the 2nd installment.

Adam Warlock gets introduced earliest GotG Vol. 3.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Colonel Angus wrote:
Cashman wrote:
I think Adam Warlock is going to be the savoir. I don't think this ends with the 2nd installment.

Adam Warlock gets introduced earliest GotG Vol. 3.

I think from what we we have seen in GoTG movies, you might be right.

This is what I think happened in Avengers. Thanos killed half the Asgardians crew. He gave the other half a ship(since he blew up their original ship), which they either took to stumble on Captain Marvel and bring her back to Earth, or the find Adam Warlock and take him to Earth.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Colonel Angus wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Cashman wrote:

They have stated that second installment is the end of this cycle. Total reset. So all new casting for the most part after it.
20 movies in it. So who is going to be the new Ironman? New Capt America and so on.

Where did you get that nonsense? It's not a reset. They're not replacing actors. They're moving on from focusing on older characters to newer ones, the exceptions probably Thor & Black Widow, the later who's getting a movie (possibly a trilogy).

Several times Fergie has mentioned it.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:36 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Cashman wrote:

They have stated that second installment is the end of this cycle. Total reset. So all new casting for the most part after it.
20 movies in it. So who is going to be the new Ironman? New Capt America and so on.

Where did you get that nonsense? It's not a reset. They're not replacing actors. They're moving on from focusing on older characters to newer ones, the exceptions probably Thor & Black Widow, the later who's getting a movie (possibly a trilogy).

Several times Fergie has mentioned it.

With the acquisition of the X-Men and FF, they have soo much to continue the story.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I saw it this morning and enjoyed it. I think they did a good job of integrating all of the characters without having any of the storylines feel obtrusive in relation to something else that was going on. No one stepped on anyone's toes.

Vision seemed less powerful than he did in Civil War.

Elizabeth Olsen sure is purty.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
They stated multiple times Vision was weakened after being stabbed at the beginning.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:59 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
They stated multiple times Vision was weakened after being stabbed at the beginning.

In the past he was able to allow things (such as a punch or a weapon) to pass through him. Given that he has that ability, why would he get stabbed in the first place?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:02 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

In the past he was able to allow things (such as a punch or a weapon) to pass through him. Given that he has that ability, why would he get stabbed in the first place?

When he got stabbed the first time it was an ambush from behind, and he didn't see it coming. He can only phase when anticipating contact. He's not phasing 100% of his existence. How would he dick down Scarlet Witch?

Not trying to be a dick, but did you miss that part at the beginning?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Jbi11s wrote:
[He can only phase when anticipating contact. He's not phasing 100% of his existence. How would he dick down Scarlet Witch?
I'm guessing the solution involves paprika.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Jbi11s wrote:
[He can only phase when anticipating contact. He's not phasing 100% of his existence. How would he dick down Scarlet Witch?

Unless he's a fruit, I imagine he'd have very much anticipated rogering her quite a bit.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:36 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

When he got stabbed the first time it was an ambush from behind, and he didn't see it coming. He can only phase when anticipating contact. He's not phasing 100% of his existence. How would he dick down Scarlet Witch?

Not trying to be a dick, but did you miss that part at the beginning?

Oh, I see. I was under the impression he was able to sense if he was about to be struck from behind and could phase in those situations as well.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I'm not crazy into the MCU (have only seen the movies outside of GOTG within the last year) but I enjoyed this movie. WZ's wants to bash it for not being Citizen Kane when it never tried to be. It has entertaining characters interacting within an acceptable plot for 2.5 hours. I left the theater having been happy in how my $16 + concessions was spent.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:10 pm 

IMU wrote:
I'm not crazy into the MCU (have only seen the movies outside of GOTG within the last year) but I enjoyed this movie. WZ's wants to bash it for not being Citizen Kane when it never tried to be. It has entertaining characters interacting within an acceptable plot for 2.5 hours. I left the theater having been happy in how my $16 + concessions was spent.

Yup. Money well spent.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:17 pm 

IMU wrote:

What? I didn’t mention anything about comparing it to anything like that. My main problem is how they ended it and how they handled all that. I did find a lot of it entertaining, but it looks like it’s coming to a contrived conclusion.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
W_Z wrote:
it's just a giant waste of time.

"avengers" movies have been increasingly underwhelming, and this is the most empty headed of all of them.

cheap ass ending, and no rating needed. it's not a movie. it has no story arc, no main character. it's a 150 minute talk show among characters you like, that deserved something better.

just wait for whatever they decide to conclude this "story", shakes. it's like "harry potter part 7 part 1". just a tease and a cash grab to milk the franchise even more.

This ^^^^

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: ....
Tad Queasy wrote:
I saw it this morning and enjoyed it. I think they did a good job of integrating all of the characters without having any of the storylines feel obtrusive in relation to something else that was going on. No one stepped on anyone's toes.

Vision seemed less powerful than he did in Civil War.

Elizabeth Olsen sure is purty.

She is way too plain jane.

I never once thought, "Hmmmm, I could really go for her sitting on my face right about now"

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:23 am 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
W_Z wrote:
it's just a giant waste of time.

"avengers" movies have been increasingly underwhelming, and this is the most empty headed of all of them.

cheap ass ending, and no rating needed. it's not a movie. it has no story arc, no main character. it's a 150 minute talk show among characters you like, that deserved something better.

just wait for whatever they decide to conclude this "story", shakes. it's like "harry potter part 7 part 1". just a tease and a cash grab to milk the franchise even more.

This ^^^^

https://screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-gross-2-billion/

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
We're all better than equating box office, in any way, with quality.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/cha ... rperry.htm

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:50 am 

Idk, Titanic, Force Awakens, and Avatar are pretty good films.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Jbi11s wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:59 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

It is a remake of Ferngully.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:00 am 

Force Awakens is a good comp. Monumentally average movie hyped and marketed to hell and back.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Avatar was not good at all. It was action CG schlock with a charisma-suck as the lead. It hit at just the right time when 3D was making a resurgence in theaters, IMAX was becoming available more throughout the country, and the CG for its time was pretty above-average. Avatar has to thank China for putting it over the top, and Michael Bay obviously got the memo, as the Transformers series did very well there up until the the last turd he shat out. The pandering to that demographic exhausted itself and China gives very few fucks about Transformers anymore, and unless Avatar 2 is some masterpiece (it won't be), there's going to be a shitload of money lost on this stupid franchise, all because they're banking on China hurling themselves at this franchise, money in hand.

Titanic hasn't aged well. I saw it in theater when it had a 3D re-release, and again on blu-ray later on a whim. The movie itself isn't terrible at all, but Leonardo DiCaprio and Rose are arguably the most annoying and forgettable part of the movie. I found myself more interested in Bill Paxton talking to Methusela in the present, and Billy Zane being a campy shithead.

Force Awakens is a unique situation, however. It deserved all the hype, could never live up to it, and was always going to be marketed to death because Star Wars always has been. It was safely average with the arrow pointed up, and the bar was so low from the Prequels that that's all it need to achieve, and it did.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:15 am 

Dewskie wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Avatar was not good at all. It was action CG schlock with a charisma-suck as the lead. It hit at just the right time when 3D was making a resurgence in theaters, IMAX was becoming available more throughout the country, and the CG for its time was pretty above-average. Avatar has to thank China for putting it over the top, and Michael Bay obviously got the memo, as the Transformers series did very well there up until the the last turd he shat out. The pandering to that demographic exhausted itself and China gives very few fucks about Transformers anymore, and unless Avatar 2 is some masterpiece (it won't be), there's going to be a shitload of money lost on this stupid franchise, all because they're banking on China hurling themselves at this franchise, money in hand.

James Cameron hasn't made a decent movie since Terminator 2.

This is literally the best part of Titanic, other than what's her name's boobs:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:17 am 

So the highest grossing movies of all time are average or bad? Got it.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:20 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

A lot of people like to spend a lot of money on a lot of shit. See: boy bands, Kanye West, Nickelback, et al.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:25 am 

Well when the guaranteed Oscar contender Ocean's 8 hits $2 billion we can resume this quality or average convo.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:29 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Well when the guaranteed Oscar contender Ocean's 8 hits $2 billion we can resume this quality or average convo.

Ocean's 8? What the fuck? Wait...is that the chick movie?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Jbi11s wrote:

Mass appeal rarely equates to quality. Thank you for your stupid, poorly-thought out post, however.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:14 pm 

It’s okay to like movies that aren’t great. I’ve seen The Force Awakens at least 5 times and I enjoy it every time. It doesn’t mean I’m ignoring that it’s nothing special.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next