It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:09 am 

Agreed.

Grimes' wife is always portrayed as a psycho in the media and deservedly so as her constant Tweeting makes her seem unhinged. However, in the discussion with her, it seemed like it was all in good fun. She is more meatball fan than wife trying to steal her husband's spotlight.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Tad Queasy wrote:
Agree with those who said Winston doesn't seem to have a personality of his own and speaks in garbled cliches. The only genuine moment so far was in episode 1 when he gave a tour of his hometown and boyhood home. Everything after that has seemed very contrived.

The best parts of the show have been those that have focused on players other than Winston. They have a bunch of likable guys (mainly linemen) on their team.

Jameis goes from joker, to rah rah guy, to pissed off. Such a wide range of emotions. I really hope he's just playing to the cameras. He seems like a nice guy overall, but you can't ride teammates for their poor play when you try to throw a pass from your backside.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Looks like the big drama heading into the final episode next week will be which LB, Riley Bullough and another guy whose name I can't recall right now -- he got cut by the Rams last year and has a very cute GF -- makes the team and which one gets cut.

They pumped up Bullough so much in the first three episodes I figured he was a lock to make the team. Guess not.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I think that is another season in the books. Really no drama this year. A couple of WR and LB battles to win a spot and they actually
lost a 5th round draft pick to another team but other than that it was pretty ho hum. Always fun to look behind the curtain. I thought
this would be a good year to look at the Bears but the way things have worked out in the preseason I actually think next season might
be really compelling if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is ready to maybe take the reins and have a real QB battle, an intriguing defense and the search for the
next star WR. My guess is that the Bears may be the most resistant to doing this show.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Pretty good last episode. Nothing terribly exciting, but most of the guys and the coaching staff seem likable. The two exceptions would be Jameis, who just seems like a, I dunno...maybe phony is too strong, but nearly everything he does seems forced and somewhat disingenuous. Like he has no personality of his own.

Bobo Wilson is a dumbass.

I know everyone wants to make the 53-man roster, but making the practice squad does not seem like a bad gig at all. They get paid $7,200 a week during the regular season and postseason. So, if they play from September through January that's, what, about 20 weeks and $144,000? I don't think any of these guys (or most "regular" people) would make that much money doing anything else.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Tad Queasy wrote:
The two exceptions would be Jameis, who just seems like a, I dunno...maybe phony is too strong, but nearly everything he does seems forced and somewhat disingenuous. Like he has no personality of his own.

Jameis has the personality of a serial killer. I could see him choking a puppy to death in front of me while repeating some long winded mantra about not wasting time and God's given opportunity.

Basically mask off O.J. Simpson.