It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:38 am 

I really do not like Jameis Winston as a person.

Someone should tell him he is not very good as a motivational speaker. He seems to be the kind of guy who thinks he is leading but never turns around to see if anyone is actually following.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
The focus on Winston in the first ep had a very "JJ Watt-esque" feel to it. How much of the way they act is because a camera is following them? I get the feeling a lot of it is contrived and phony. But I'm an ahole so what do I know?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
good dolphin wrote:

Someone should tell him he is not very good as a motivational speaker. He seems to be the kind of guy who thinks he is leading but never turns around to see if anyone is actually following.

Yeah that little speech wasn't good. He was also overly excited at the Rookie singers.

But I did like him as a person. I enjoy the way they profile a few athletes each season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:56 pm 

denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yeah that little speech wasn't good. He was also overly excited at the Rookie singers.

But I did like him as a person. I enjoy the way they profile a few athletes each season.

His motivational statements are largely long stretches of incomprehensible words with brief moments of cliché. No adult is listening to that guy. However, he tapes himself making these statements and uses it to motivate himself. No narcissism there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
long stretches of incomprehensible words with brief moments of cliché

I think you just unintentionally outlined Leash's posting philosophy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:28 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

His motivational statements are largely long stretches of incomprehensible words with brief moments of cliché. No adult is listening to that guy. However, he tapes himself making these statements and uses it to motivate himself. No narcissism there.

He suffers from the all too typical pattern of a guy picked as a future NFL/MLB star at the age of 12 without the need to live outside his bubble. (See also: Manning, Peyton & Eli)

As an aside, I thought that Bryce Harper would be in that same category, thankfully it appears I was wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Gerald McCoy is the reason to watch this show...and Mike Evans. Jameis is dull.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good dolphin wrote:

I've seen one episode, he was pumping those kids up.. I think he's a good motivator and charismatic. I was a bit surprised at the conditions his family who raised him in bama were living in.. I mean, cmon guy, for 300k you could build a 5k SF sprawling ranch on 5 acres there for them.. Don't be a cheap prick.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
312player wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I've seen one episode, he was pumping those kids up.. I think he's a good motivator and charismatic. I was a bit surprised at the conditions his family who raised him in bama were living in.. I mean, cmon guy, for 300k you could build a 5k SF sprawling ranch on 5 acres there for them.. Don't be a cheap prick.

I also thought that was strange.

I thought he came off a likable and humble when he was giving a tour of the house. After the incident last year where be told girls to pipe down (or something like that) at a kids' camp they made sure to go out of their way to show him singling out a girl for praise at a camp this year. I would imagine both of these things were done to counter the image of him as a possible rapist after the allegations when he was at FSU. I don't recall what happened there. Did the accusations seems baseless or did it seem like he did it?

Gerald McCoy is definitely a character and seems like a very likable guy.

Although I am not into the show, hearing them all talking about Game of Thrones in the preview for this week's episode was pretty funny.

Their defensive coordinator was the head coach of the Falcons when Atlanta was featured a few years ago, wasn't he?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Yeah, I remember the girl that accused him of rape was a notorious ho, she was in a club that basically competed with other whores to bang star athletes.. I don't believe a god damn thing she said.

That is the ex coach from Atlanta as the DC. They got a good team, I see em at 10-12 wins.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:16 pm 

I am not sure if the show has just lost its luster or if it is the currently featured team, but the show is a whole bunch of meh.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:55 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I am not sure if the show has just lost its luster or if it is the currently featured team, but the show is a whole bunch of meh.

I have not seen every season of the show and have only seen the one with the Falcons, Texans, and the Rams. Maybe it's because it was the first one I saw, but I really enjoyed the one with the Falcons. The one with the Texans was OK, save for the Gatorade commercial-type segments with J.J. Watt. Last year with the Rams was some 7-9 bullshit; pretty dull.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:41 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Jameis chastising lineman on the sideline after the 3rd string QB got hurt made me roll my eyes so hard. The only thing more laughable is the Buc's kicking game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:19 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
denisdman wrote:

This is how I have felt thus far as well. Good to know that the Bears picked up a kicker off the scrap heap who appears as tough minded as a soft boiled egg. He looked just awful and has a very strange form.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:36 am 

T-Bone wrote:
denisdman wrote:

This is how I have felt thus far as well. Good to know that the Bears picked up a kicker off the scrap heap who appears as tough minded as a soft boiled egg. He looked just awful and has a very strange form.

It seems like every one of his kicks is a wobbly, wounded duck. There's no oomph behind his kicks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 pm 

I'm watching the second episode. Brent Grimes and his wife are talking...well, she's talking and he is starting off into space with a completely vacant look in his eyes like he's a vegetable.

Weird...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:50 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
I'm watching the second episode. Brent Grimes and his wife are talking...well, she's talking and he is starting off into space with a completely vacant look in his eyes like he's a vegetable.

Weird...

Yeah, I loved when he got hurt. Plus when they were running together, that looked like a boob job.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:03 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
His motivational statements are largely long stretches of incomprehensible words with brief moments of cliché.

I love when football players barf out motivational noises. It's all "IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS, THIS IS THE CRESCENDO, WE HAVE ONE MOMENT ONE MOMENT TO MOVE FORWARD FOREVER"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I Don't Want......your life.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
His motivational statements are largely long stretches of incomprehensible words with brief moments of cliché.

I love when football players barf out motivational noises. It's all "IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS, THIS IS THE CRESCENDO, WE HAVE ONE MOMENT ONE MOMENT TO MOVE FORWARD FOREVER"

Mostly true though, no?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:58 pm 

Anyone else still watching? Episode three was a slog. Way too much slobbering over how good Jameis is. I feel like I'm watching a parallel universe. The payoff was the absolutely atrocious interception by Jameis against Jacksonville. I also had a hearty laugh at Folk getting the PAT blocked and Fitzdog coming in and throwing a terrible interception as well. Then Jameis had the balls to tell Fitzpatrick he can't take those risks?

I would pay good money for HBO to film players in dark shadow with voice modulation, and allow them to tell us what they really think of Jameis anonymously.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:19 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Anyone else still watching? Episode three was a slog. Way too much slobbering over how good Jameis is. I feel like I'm watching a parallel universe. The payoff was the absolutely atrocious interception by Jameis against Jacksonville. I also had a hearty laugh at Folk getting the PAT blocked and Fitzdog coming in and throwing a terrible interception as well. Then Jameis had the balls to tell Fitzpatrick he can't take those risks?

I would pay good money for HBO to film players in dark shadow with voice modulation, and allow them to tell us what they really think of Jameis anonymously.

That interception by Jameis was horrendous. When he said "Don't take that chance." to Fitzpatrick after his interception Fitzpatrick looked at him like "Shut the fuck up, man. You looked worse than I did." :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
They need Glennon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:32 pm 

I think Gruden let slip he has a secret kid during that production meeting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Still watching...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:34 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Still watching...

Me too. Maurice Fleming was a really good player at Curie. I had forgot about him.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Good Dolphin is right about Winston. Good God, you can't give motivational speeches every fuckin' second. These are NFL players.

Doing it before regular season games is fine if you keep it short and sweet. But not every fuckin' time before a practice rep. Not before a pre season game. In the locker room before the pre season game, he did a rhyme that lasted 2 minutes. Made the guys repeat it. It sounded stupid. Like a 3rd grader. These guys have to be rolling their eyes at him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:43 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Gruden or Jameis?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:39 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Gruden or Jameis?

Gruden. He said "I've got my fou-I mean three kids wearing Winston jerseys at home."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:53 am 

Agree with those who said Winston doesn't seem to have a personality of his own and speaks in garbled cliches. The only genuine moment so far was in episode 1 when he gave a tour of his hometown and boyhood home. Everything after that has seemed very contrived.

The best parts of the show have been those that have focused on players other than Winston. They have a bunch of likable guys (mainly linemen) on their team.