It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I think we need another category or thread about shows that were great but fell off and never got better.
LOST.
The Simpsons.
The League(though not on the same level as many other of the shows mentioned in this thread).

Heroes.

1st season was terrific. Then BAM. Terrible.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
I forgot about Dexter for inconsistent shows. Shows like that always fail at some point though. It's like when my wife was complaining about Revenge falling off a cliff. I told her that once the shtick of the show reaches its culmination, which for some shows is season 1, then they just have to struggle to come up with material.

Fargo could be added to consistent shows, but since it is a different cast and plot every season, not sure if it qualifies.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I think we need another category or thread about shows that were great but fell off and never got better.
LOST.
The Simpsons.
The League(though not on the same level as many other of the shows mentioned in this thread).

Heroes.

Prison Break really had nowhere to go after season 1. Season 2 was eh, and 3 and 4 were beyond terrible. Haven't seen the latest season.

Heroes, I started catching up after the first season was done. Then just about the time I had caught up, I heard through multiple people not to bother with season 2. Frustrating.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:53 am 

Lithgow was awesome in Dexter. They should have renamed the show Trinity and followed him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:56 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Lithgow was awesome in Dexter. They should have renamed the show Trinity and followed him.

Agreed. Season 4 was the best season. Plus, it had Courtney Ford, and she is hot!

Spoilers below:

Frankly, the show started sucking once Deb found out about Dexter. Deb was one of my favorite characters, and they ruined her the final few seasons.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:59 am 

South Park has been pretty consistent. I think I lost interest for a while for no real reason but there aren't many bad episodes out there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Rosatis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:25 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
South Park has been pretty consistent. I think I lost interest for a while for no real reason but there aren't many bad episodes out there.

I honestly don't like South Park as much anymore. The show went from being a show that had a fun story that also poked fun at society and had a deeper meaning to a show whose purpose was trying to be as relevant as possible even if it lost being funny.

Seasons 4 to 12 were the bread and butter of South Park. Episodes like Grey Dawn, and Smug Alert and Douche and Turd were right on point with their message but were also hilarious. The past 4 or 5 seasons has tried to focus too much on current events and forgot the show was about 4 mountain town kids and their more adult-like thoughts and language.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
SuperMario wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Agreed. Season 4 was the best season. Plus, it had Courtney Ford, and she is hot!

Spoilers below:

Frankly, the show started sucking once Deb found out about Dexter. Deb was one of my favorite characters, and they ruined her the final few seasons.

The ending of Dexter has to be the worst series finale ever.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
Rosatis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Consistent:
Arrested Development (before Netflix)
Fawlty Towers (yes, there weren't very many)
Police Squad! (yes, there weren't very many)
Lookwell! (yes, it wasn't ever picked up, but the pilot is hilarious)

Inconsistent:
M*A*S*H
SNL
Blues Clues (sometimes you didn't even need the clues)
HTGAWM (started good the first season, but unwatchable after)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:03 pm 

Inconsistent:

Co-Ed Confidential. Late night Skinemax series. The hot British blonde from the first two seasons left, and it all went downhill from there.

Consistent:

Hotel Erotica. Also late night Skinemax series. Solid throughout. By the 3rd season when Divini Rae was the star, the show came into its own. Pun intended.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
consistent: The Wire

inconsistent: 24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Chus wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Spoilers below:

Wrong yet again Blunt man
That trophy goes to St Elsewhere.

Best Ending goes to Angel.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
City of Fools wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
LOST.
The Simpsons.

Heroes.

Prison Break really had nowhere to go after season 1. Season 2 was eh, and 3 and 4 were beyond terrible. Haven't seen the latest season.

Heroes, I started catching up after the first season was done. Then just about the time I had caught up, I heard through multiple people not to bother with season 2. Frustrating.

Don't; it was bad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SuperMario wrote:
I forgot about Dexter for inconsistent shows. Shows like that always fail at some point though. It's like when my wife was complaining about Revenge falling off a cliff. I told her that once the shtick of the show reaches its culmination, which for some shows is season 1, then they just have to struggle to come up with material.

Fargo could be added to consistent shows, but since it is a different cast and plot every season, not sure if it qualifies.

First two seasons of Fargo were great. I thought the 3rd was terrible

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Consistent:
Cheers
Wonder Years
Psych

Inconsistent:
How I Met Your Mother
WWE RAW
That 70s Show

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
chaspoppcap wrote:
Chus wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Spoilers below:

Wrong yet again Blunt man

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
FavreFan wrote:
SuperMario wrote:

First two seasons of Fargo were great. I thought the 3rd was terrible

Agreed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Chus wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Spoilers below:

Yup - coming off of the rather dumb Jimmy Smits season, the finale of the Trinity season would have made an excellent series finale as well. Was never nearly as good after that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:16 am 

The Sopranos had the worst ending and every scene in any psychiatrist office I fast forward . The Johnny cakes storyline, anything involving AJ or Paulies Mom~ Aunts are unwatchable. Also any dream sequence is garbage... That's a whole lot of horse shit in 6 seasons. That's why the Sopranos is the most over rated show of all time.

Last edited by 312player on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:17 am 

Seems to be a lot of revisionist history re: The Sopranos. There was a LOT of bitching about how bad some of the episodes were, even as far back as the Ralphie season, but the (split) last season was VERY uneven - it wasn't until people started getting clipped at a rapid pace that anyone was excited about it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:33 am 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Seems to be a lot of revisionist history re: The Sopranos. There was a LOT of bitching about how bad some of the episodes were, even as far back as the Ralphie season, but the (split) last season was VERY uneven - it wasn't until people started getting clipped at a rapid pace that anyone was excited about it.

I watched the whole series less than a year ago. I'm pretty familiar with it. Can't speak for everyone but personally I disagree with almost all of this.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:46 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:

I watched the whole series less than a year ago. I'm pretty familiar with it. Can't speak for everyone but personally I disagree with almost all of this.

I'm not saying the series as a whole wasn't great, but there were a bunch of bad/boring episodes in between the good/great ones.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:53 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Star Trek: The Next Generation is the most inconsistent show of all time. Some of the best TV ever - Measure of a Man, The Inner Light - and then the episodes with naked people that want execute Wesley for crushing a flower.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:54 am 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:

I'm not saying the series as a whole wasn't great, but there were a bunch of bad/boring episodes in between the good/great ones.

I respect your right to be wrong. I think the Vinny in NH stuff is really the only weak stuff in the whole series and it was just a few episodes. The parade episode sucked too.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:02 am 

The Colombus stuff was awful too, They fucked up the Buschemi plot altogether, had potential to be outstanding.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:10 am 

312player wrote:
The Colombus stuff was awful too, They fucked up the Buschemi plot altogether, had potential to be outstanding.

I don't disagree with that. I still think it was good but like you said, it could have been great.

To rock my soul